The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Regarding Current World News
DISCLAIMER: For the purposes of this post, the organization known as "Hamas" will be refered to as an army, or military force, and the Gaza Strip will be refered to as a country, or nation. That is so I will not be hearing any yellings on this thread regarding it being a "terrorist organization" or a group of "freedom fighters". Such terminology is politically influenced, and a matter of PERSONAL perspective ONLY. As of such, there will be no room for such. This topic is not meant to cause political discussions regarding who is right and who is wrong and who should move their people out of their country. This is not about "Zionistic Unlawful Occupation". Any comments regarding politically sensitive subjects will be forwarded to the staff with a request of immediate removal. Should the topic become hostile, it will be asked to be locked effective immediately.

War?
Spoiler:
Today, around 16:00 GMT+2, the Israeli Military has assassinated a Hamas Military official, the leader of the Hamas Armed Forces divisions, to that matter, in a swift, tactical move. A plane has launched a missile at the person's car, killing both him and his driver. No civillian casualties.

In response to such, the Hamas Military has declared that "The Occupation [Meaning Israel] has opened the gates of Hell for itself."
That was the start of Operation Pillar of Cloud.
The purpose of the operation, which we now know has been planned for several days in response for over 500 missiles falling over the southern Israeli area over the last Saturday night alone, and additional missiles falling each day, is to eliminate by surprise several Hamas Military high-ranking officers, as well as to take out the long-range missiles [Ranges of over 40km].

The purpose of me sharing this information, as a soldier of the military known globally as "IDF", is to prevent the spread of rumours, as I have been informed that several foreign news broadcasting companies have been releasing false information, as well as to re-assure that the Israelis that play here on CotH are currently out of harms way, so there is nothing to worry about.

Guidelines to proper behaviour during this internationally-important event:

*Do not talk about it, unless it involves you directly. Do not spread information unless it comes officially from a citizen or military personnel of one of the two nations involved. It is very important. Loose lips sink ships, people, and if this thing gets known as bigger than it actually is, it might lead to a greater scale war.

*Do not be afraid to ask questions. Especially regarding casualties. I am aware that on this server there are people who feel more fond of one side of the struggle than they are of the other, and so, it is important that regardless of your opinion, you stay informed of the truth, even if it is only dry facts.

*Do not believe everything you hear on the local news. So far I have been informed that the Russian news are filled with misinformation, it may be true to US and EU news aswell.

*If you are good friends with people from the regional nations [Israel, Gaza, Egypt], be sure to stay in touch, to avoid panic and concern. I had people flood me, personally, with questions when there were local riots here in Israel, so I will not be surprised if the same occurs regarding this.

*If you are part of a local military that has an affiliation to either side of the conflict, be sure to ask your commanding officer regarding information that is disclassified.

Facts as of current:
*Schools and non-critical businesses [meaning anything that ain't police, medical, military, etc] in settlements within the 40km radius of the Gaza area are closed until further notice.
*These settlements are currently shelled approximately once every ten or so minutes.
*The shelling is ineffective due to an advanced anti-missile defense system.
*Current forces involved are the IDF Air Force only, and the Hamas military.
*Despite what the news might say, mobilization of Reserve troops, or Enlisted infantry, is not yet in motion, nor is it planned as of now.
*Current civillian casualties on both sides combined stand on 2, 1 on each side, both cause of sharpnel. It is not the intention of the IDF military to harm civillians. The Hamas military may aim to do so, according to their agenda, however, it is firmly believed by me that they aim to startle the IDF to cease the offensive.
*The Egyptian leadership has withdrawn it's ambassador from Israel. It is a move that has happened before, it is purely diplomatic and does not mean the involvement of the Egyptian military in the conflict. The Egyptian leadership is requesting that the IDF will cease the offensive. So far, the requests have been ignored and declined.

Thank you for your time, and enjoy your lovely winter. If I will feel there will be need to give out further information [casualties, disclassified plans of action, global mobilization of troops should the US or the UN feel the need to get involved], I will update it.
[Image: 8.jpg]
Locking this thread in deference to chat policy:

Quote:We also request that things like OOC politics and religion not be discussed directly on the server or forums. There are plenty of places to have intelligent conversations about these topics on the internet, and we have no interest in the OOC drama it inevitably breeds. We don't mind if you discuss it elsewhere but leave this baggage at the door when you come to CotH.

sunday12321 Wrote:Do not be afraid to ask questions.

If you have questions, concerns or comments, please feel free to contact sunday directly, but keep it off the public forum.

Thank you for your understanding.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Potential CotH custom lore world Dae 2 4,928 02-08-2015, 07:05 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  World of War-School Valicor 45 12,447 11-12-2014, 01:44 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Good News Everyone! Terant 29 13,581 07-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Your Character as a World of Warcraft Boss - Take #2 Krilari 51 9,014 08-26-2013, 08:29 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  World News Archive Zhaei 0 1,064 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Zhaei