The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Good News Everyone!
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-07-17...thing.html

I never thought I'd see the day.
... You know, I've only skim-scammed through the article, as I couldn't really care. However, what irks me is that, for the male and female Night Elf comparison, they're not even wearing the same armor. I mean, I could toss a girl in some T15 Warrior armor and a guy in the Aboriginal set, loincloth at all, and make the same counter argument.
Can't recall the last time I've actually seen a gal mocked because of their gender on Retail. More often than naught the women I know kicked more ass than the men. But, I'm glad to see they are making an effort to adjust none the less. Perhaps we'll see a nice, new batch of mixed lore characters that are a bit more 3-dimensional than Varian and Garrosh.
I don't get it... if my sleepy head thinks this is correct, it is about how women are treated? For armor, All my sets for Silversaddle are picked so males and females would be pretty much same, no empty spots, like on stomach or so. It is easy to make slutty warrior or actual female warrior, you just have to look... while for lore, I would say gnomes are victims there. Sure they do "backstage" work, but I want to see them kick ass... Maybe I am tired, or just have no problem, females and males are treated differently because they are different. Sure, one could say females are "weaker" gender or so, but I mean... Night elf military is almost females, IRL it is proven women have better time with pain(Don't know details, could be wrong.), in my experience in wow lore both genders got enough time under the light, sure one might say females have less, but can you blame them? Our own history have some dark corners, equality wasn't a thing for long time, why? Because splitting society into roles by gender helps to keep it running, sure a man might go hunting for some meat, but I have heard females used to collect most of the food back in stone age or so... at medieval, well tradition followed, females were given less risky or demanding jobs for they had to carry a baby and needed to be in good condition if there was a need of a child. Males go around looking for mates for a reason, we are programed to think we will die without an offspring, while females, have luxury of choosing. Might explain why some(me included) make female chars, we be jelly or hate to stare at massive fridge-like draenei ass.

Edit: Just wanted to post this before going to sleep. Will update a bit later, when I read everything with clearer head, I hope I shot at correct target.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_mw3mwwCGmB1spfzzdo1_250.gif]
Brothers and sisters of NOD, I welcome you to planet C&C.
WoW always struck me as one of the games that did this best. It's just as easy to make a slutty looking female character as it is creating a slutty looking male character. Like, the worst case scenario is that the female version of an armor is missing the midriff. It's not exactly TERA.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
(07-21-2014, 06:27 PM)Roxas65 Wrote: Like, the worst case scenario is that the female version of an armor is missing the midriff. It's not exactly TERA.

Ahem.

[Image: 150864.jpg]

[Image: insidernevang.jpg]

[Image: 319.jpg]

[Image: 328.jpg]

...My opinion on all this? I'd rather the skimpy armor not be taken away entirely, I just don't want it to be the only option for some sets.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
While I can't say with good conscious that I haven't seen some examples of skimpy armor in recent expansions, I will say that Blizz is sure as hell a lot better about it than they were in Vanilla.
I see your point Corzilla, but this is basically the first time I've seen anything even remotely like that for WoW whereas most other MMOs literally shove it down your throat no matter what equipment you're wearing. It might be there, but it's not as prominent.

Really, the only RPGs I've seen where it's basically not present at all is Skyrim, Dragon's Dogma and Dragon Age.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
It's different for roleplayers who pick and choose sets, I suppose. The vast majority of people who play WoW are just using whichever armor they have that's best at the moment. And a huge majority of that is, well, ridiculous.

That said, I've never met anyone who was actually offended by these things. But it is just silly, and it's always been a target of mockery.
I don't get it... Mocking someone's virtual character in a virtual fantasy world for the visual representation of an armor. That's just plain childish and stupid, but what's more stupid is actually taking it to heart and causing a hysterical uproar over it.

Like, OMG, get over it, it's a game. Behavior like this and an uproar is exactly what trolls want and by causing uproars over this you are feeding the trolls. This kind of ultra-feminist stupidity is caused by weak and socially underdevelopped individuals and it is exactly the reason why a lot of men (usually boys ages 8-15, no offense as I mean not ALL) mock female gamers and question their skill.

That aside, less skimpy armor would be great.

Typed from phone, sorry. :|
Look at all these sexists trying to disempower women.

I always knew the implication at hand was that female characters were inherently stronger than their male counterparts, hence why they wear less armor. To even out the playing field. Otherwise we know all the minmaxers would just pick girls. Now Blizzard will ruin game.

CIS pig mouthbreathers go choke on air.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
This topic is going places
In most games under the RPG or Fighting genre that I've played since my 15 years on the planet we call earth, this has been a problem. It's nothing new, it's nothing old, it's a persistent problem in games that I think is an attempt to make female characters more appealing. I'm sure if we went straight down to the roots of being 100% realistic, a ton of people might not want to play anymore because of how 'disgusting' or non-'kawaii' the character look. I'm unsure really were I was even trying to go with this post, but that's my two cents, I'm tired, it's 6 AM, just woke up.

EDIT: This is both true for Male and Female characters, Males being Buff and Tough and the pinnacle of a muscular god.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
This post now needs more "desu". I hope you're happy.

On the subject at hand it is all true, because a game is also a form of media. We all know what modern media shoves down our throats stating it's the social norm (men don't cry, women must look like dolls, etc.).

You know, I think the media would consider us deviants as so many diverse people are easily finding common ground with eachother. Thing is we should continue to ignore these absurd media norms and replace them with our own to continue being awesome. It's still just a game, there are more important matters in the world. Yet still w00t for the victory of more realisticly looking armor for females.

Typed from phone, sorry. :|
I honestly laughed at the stupidity of that article. It's a load of BS, trying to make WoW sound bad. Anyone who knows WoW, knows most of this junk isn't true. I'm like.. What skimpy outfits? Oh, do you mean the ones you have to scrap around for? The armor sets you have to actually look up and pursue to get? Like honestly, looking at the tier sets and everything... WoW actually has more armor that covers most of the body, but they're REALLY gaudy looking. There's not really a huge amount of super skimpy outfits.. They're trying to make it sound there's a lot more than there really is. My best guess it's made as a "point" in the article is because people "commonly" wear the skimpy sets and that's just stretching it. Plus the pictures trying to back up the article don't even help.

As for the bashing on women part, everyone targets each other. Everyone has dealt with trolls and the alike at least ONCE while playing WoW, or any MMO for that matter. I honestly would rather be reading/hearing something about how the community needs to get its act together towards each other. Why does it always have to be "women" to be in the argument? Everyone gets pushed and shoved around, not just women.. And it's not really surprising to me that some people get run off retail, like if you make yourself known, you're going to get targeted. You either deal with it or not. It's stressful, but that's only if you let it really get to you.
Quote:"Your faction is the underdog right?
You always lose and suck at everything.
You lose towns, people and your second in command is a 14-year old who uses dark magic on his protectors and runs away alone the the wilderness."
- Panoss from the WoW retail forums

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH. Harmonic 50 92,736 03-29-2024, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Aethon
  A picture from the good old times! Bitlordman 14 6,350 02-14-2014, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Aethon
  Good places to earn a gold coin? Gaztron1 8 4,488 10-01-2013, 07:27 AM
Last Post: Werewolf
  World News Archive Zhaei 0 1,064 11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Regarding Current World News sunday12321 1 1,032 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Caravan