The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Sorrowfang's Journal
** Sorrowfang opens up his journal. He sits by the fire of the inn. The young worgen is currently in goldshire. He skims trough the pages until he finds an empty page to write on. Finally. He places ink and a quill on the side. Taking the quill into his paws, he soaks the quills bottom and proceeds to write.

I've stopped counting days. They don't really matter nor do they give me any orientation towards anything. I've finally come to human lands. Hoping I would feel at home. Quite the contrary. Many call me a beast. I had a run in with a thief today. He wanted to rob me. Little did he know that all I had was what I had worn. This journal, the quill and what is left of the ink. He took pity on me and gave me bread.

I'm glad I left the night elf lands. I'm not too fond of their overgrown vegetation and houses, buildings placed in trees. It's just overrated. The people however are generous, noble and respect worthy. I've been running on all fours for some time. I came to a place called "Ratchet". From there I took a boat to a place called "Booty Bay".

I entered an inn over there. Didn't look at anyone just went past them up the stairs and sat in a corner. For some reason I felt like drawing and so I did. I was exhausted and wanted to entertain my self a bit. So I drew. I drew Gilneas before, well, everything. Then I fell asleep. God I was so tired. Waking up, the pub was empty. The people that were there earlier had left. I still had all my things on me. So I stood up and got on my way towards Stormwind. Sticked to the roads. Saw all sorts of creatures. Never have I seen such animals in Gilneas. I suppose our curse is a gift of its own. Running on all fours. Fast too. The creatures could not catch up with me if they were to chase me.

I miss the pub and my mum. Can't say I miss the college. Never liked it. Ironically I'm stuck in student clothing. Generosity of the college it self I suppose. The more I traveled towards Stormwind, the less of our kind did I see. I've only seen a few of us in Stormwind City. We are scattered like nomads. We lost our home. We are now...to an extent...beasts. Or so they call us. But we aren't much different for them. Claws, sharp teeth fur, is that suppose to make me different?

I suppose everything I learned in college doesn't count anymore. Without my mum. I have to make my own way. I have to learn how to fight. I got hungry today...I took of my shirt and my jacket...I leaped onto an unsuspecting deer. It was a satisfying meal. But then, I felt shame. Our average Gilnean reduced to a nightmareish creature. A beast as they call us nowdays. Forced to hunt his own food with his own claws. I suppose I don't have much choice. I have yet to see any sign of our peoples enclavements anywhere. I did not see a single Worgen guild in my travels. I suppose I will have to live under the boot of foreginers. Or I'll have to prove my self to them. I don't really have any cash. I convinced the inn keeper to let me spend a night in the inn. He agreed only for tonight. Come to think of it. I really need a job. A way to earn money.

I lost everything in Gilneas. Now I'm left without friends, without a home to call my own. Without anything. I hope I won't have to resort to hunting in the wilds...going "feral".
I suppose being a Worgen is not that bad...in a human form I would not stand the water drank from the lakes nor the flesh torn from other animals. A gift as much as a curse indeed...

On an unrelated note. I met a dwarf. He's called Noillin Dawnhammer. These dwarves have a leniance towards alcohol and humor. They seem rather friendly. At least Noillin was. He tried giving me a nickname "Fluffy". I saw that coming. But when he saw I did not like it. He did not force the nickname on me. I presented my self as Sorrowfang. I suppose my new life begins here. And the old David dies within this page and my other form. To which I am not going back to.

I've been thinking. If I could join some sort of army...somehow... There has got to be a way. There has to be someone who can make use of a tall muscular wolf with sharp claws and teeth. Able to communicate..and such. Ah well...I'll see to it tomorrow. For now I rest. Traveling on all fours gets tiring.

I suppose that's it for today...oh the comfort of a bed...at least it's not a wooden table...or a stone bench this time...

** With that he finishes his journal entry. The young worgen obviously disturbed what had become of his nation and of his life in such a short time. Alas he shall seek his fortune tomorrow. Somewhere. Somehow.
** Sorrowfang wakes up from his slumber. An odor of ale coming from his mouth. His tongue traverses trough out his teeth, as if cleaning, but he finds it all too dry due to the alcohol. He scratches his head and opens up his small satchel. Downing some water he bought from a merchant in Goldshire and washing out his mouth with it. Afterwards he'd soak his eyes and clean them out and then reach out for his journal, the ink and the quill.

Hrmmm....these dwarves sure know how to make their ale... Head hurts a bit. I've been traveling the land, on all fours. Being a Worgen is certainly a gift. Thanks to the Night Elves. I have decided to repay the debt we owe to them. After traveling trough out the Eastern lands and their kingdoms. Tackling various animals in search for purpose and dignity of my current form. I saw that no glory is to be found there. No purpose, just endless bloodthirst. One can see a lot in a short time , provided he has the water and food to run on. Which is no problem for a Worgen. Sprinting on all fours, jumping, leaping, running. I put my claws and fangs to test. I was not so bad...it came natural. But when I tried to swing a sword...or a dagger. That became problematic.

After my nomadic traveling and my dissapointed abandonment of Stormwind and Goldshire. I went west. To Kalimdor. In search of the elves in hope I can repay what we owe to them. In my travels I picked up a scent of Noillin. The dwarf I met recently. Following that very scent I came across Stonetalon Mountains. It lead me futher to an elven hold. There I found Noillin. It seems this land is invaded by the horde. Many trees used to be here. It is rather obvious from the view up the tower. The horde is making this place desolate. I wonder why. Why do they need all that wood? It makes no sense. They are destroying these lands. Raiding them of their beauty. An unpleasant sight indeed.

I waited for Noillin to finish talking with the elves. He was happy to see me. I offered to be his companion as he revealed he's gonna help the elves fight the horde. And so it is that I traveled back to the east. To Ironforge to the general of The Regiment. Along with us, came an elven emmisary. Taldren was his name I believe. Curious fellow. Good in heart it would seem. The general agreed to aid the elves. In two days a glorious battle shall commence. Us against the orcs of the western lands. I can only hope I can make my nation proud, my mother and father and all of Gilneas or what is left of it, scattered among the continents of this world.

Many of Gilneans are scattered, aiding the alliance. It pains me there is no real home for us. No real army. I hope one day that will change. We are of no aid to anyone in a group. But rather, scattered individuals trying to prove that Gilneas is worthy of being in this alliance. That we are a worthy people. What I would give to have a home of my own again... It makes me angry to an extent.

In the upcoming battle, no doubt I will have to use my claws...or the dagger I recovered in my travels. I may ask Noillin or the general to aid me , equipment wise. They can have it all back after the battle as far as I am concerned. If I am going to battle I want to be outfitted properly. I'll see if any of these dwarves are willing to train me. There has to be someone here. The general maybe. One can not relay on instinct and instinct alone. I am no savage. If I survive the upcoming battle. I suppose I shall simply follow Noillin. Become a shadow of his. He is a worthy leader, for now. As I have no purpose of my own. It is better to fulfill his than waste time pondering what is mine. Eventually. I may even discover my own purpose. A reason to live and breath in this world. I do not wish to dream of a restored Gilneas forever. As that is not going to happen anytime soon.

** Sorrowfang opens up his journal and begins to write once more. The young worgen is now in Darkshire making a stop for the night with his dwarven friends.

Well, things got interesting lately, very interesting. So, I went to the battle with only my claws and my teeth we had regrouped with the Ashwatch Vigil and then seeked allies from various creatures of the forests like the ancients, the laughing sisters and the furbolgs. There was an ammount of night elves there and their sentinels along with us random folk of various walks of life and then the dwarves. The fight went well. We defeated the enemy and walked away victorious. The moon pristess offered rewards. I took a full set of plated armor. I'm pleased with my choice. I do not regret it. Looks nice on me. Fits in with Noillins set. It's the same color scheme.

During the battle we had to distract a giant furbolg there was an orb which was exchanging demonic energies with the furbolg from what I've seen. It was hilarious. The fel energies made the furbolg clumsy in movement. He kept falling over and rolling around like a teddy bear. None the less the damn thing was confused when we kept trying to take its attention. It just stood there not knowing who to chase. Then this smart elf throws a dagger up its arse and it begins chasing the elf! Good times.

Then, we went to the battlefield. For the first time I saw the chaos of battle. Blood being shed everywhere. The Warden lead us up to a tower to observe and make a plan for our small group. But alas an orc warlock appeared out of the shadows and pushed the warden off the tower! My instant response to his monologue was to leap upon him and bite that bastards neck and take a bite out of him! Which I did successfully along with another worgen and an actual dog from this hunter Erick. Was Erick his name? I overheard it. As we killed him slowly I noticed something is not right, and leaped back. In mid air a fel wave of fire was released by him. Most people up close were fried. Good thing we had druids and priests heal us. While little 'ol me got flung, almost, out of the tower it self. I managed to grab hold of the fence as the wave pushed me out. While I hung from the tower I looked down and then realized. I am no fan of heights! I pulled my self up and leaped back into the tower. For a moment I thought I caught fire but I didn't. Scary thought...

Anyway I pulled up this Erick who was also hanging from the tower. He thanked me, was sort of surprised to my strenght. Don't know why. The druids and priests began to chant and heal and then we went looking for the warden. He was fine, somehow? Didn't expect anyone to fall off a tower like that and just, shrug it off. After we were done there we went straight into the battle down below which raged like an uncontrolled fire. Our enemies did not stand a chance. It was an easy victory. Afterwards the priestess was very pleased and rewarded us as said before. I wish I could have taken all of the rewards as greedy as this sounds I need it. It gets tiring to live off the nature. I want to be able to afford things for my selves. I even had to take weapons from our fallen enemies. I got two large swords. They can actually fit into my hands. Finally!

None the less once we returned to Ironforge I began training and I realized. I need a bigger dummy. Upon such day of training. The farm girl Elles seemed to have remained in Ironforge it self for some time. I unintentionally ignored her before due to our preparations for the battle. After my dummy broke I went over to her and convered, asked her if she wanted a drink. I scrounged some coin and managed to pay for the ale. I took an interest into her. Hrmmm.
Not sure if she feels the same way. Ah well! Noillin got her to acompany us in our travels to the Plaguelands sometime in future. He has some business there. She's a druid it seems. We talked about her old life as a farm girl. Says how she misses it. I don't really miss anything about my old life.

In other news. A fellow called Morand join us in our travels. A very old friend of Noillin. Seems like a decent fellow. But he has some heavy equipment there. Says he was a sergeant in the scourge wars. I'm sourounded with war veterans. Yet me, I'm green as the grass I walk upon. Guess time it self will make me worthy of their company. They don't seem to complain. Haiko told me after the recent battle that I fight well. I told him that this is my first battle and that I make nothing but appear my self as a savage with my claws and fangs. Ironically enough, no one cares about that. They accept me the way I am. Their tolerance is unexpected. Oh well. He said how I have a warriors heart. Something among those lines. He's a good man. I hope we fight together in future.

** Sorrowfang looks around and sits down by the old but desolate elven counter. Ironically he does not sit upon a chair, he is tall enough to actually use the counter as a desk and simply write into his journal like that. The island has grown quiet , The Outcasts are resting. For a moment, no one is talking, shouting or yelling. No fighting, no naga. He opens up the journal, blows the dust away and grabs his quill and ink. He'd read his previous entries and calmly begin to write.

It's been a really long time since I wrote into my journal, almost too long. I forgot how good it feels to write your thoughts upon paper and then seal them away somewhere others won't be able to look. I found that trusting people with your thoughts and what you feel is sometimes too much. They are not prepared to hear what you have to say. Specifically someone of my caliber. I try really hard to remain calm at all times, I try not to resort to violence. But is that the only language some of these people understand? The Outcasts travel continents, go left and right, up and down. It's always the same. These people have no tolerance, no thought for others. Ignorance plagues this land. False sense of pride, safety, patriotism...and their egoes. It angers me greatly. Most of them do not even know they are merely pawns of their kings who further their goals by using the said pawns. War and only war. That is what you find in Azeroth. Peace is no where on the horizon. This land is plagued by it. So we travel... we go from shore to shore. We look for a home, for a place to call our own. A place where we can rest, smile, laugh to our hearts desire. A place where we can be who we truly are. Where we don't have to pretend we are something more or something less. A place where we can say whatever we want and no one will raise an eyebrow, no one will judge us, no one will complain.

Such a place we found in the western lands of Kalimdor on a remote island. Abandoned elven architecture, buildings. We moved in there, it's been some time now. At first, we thought it was safe. It was not... For a time that we remained there it was enjoyable. Day in, day out, I couldn't help but feel how happy everyone was. Anithrandil, our blood elf death knight even willingly called it his own bar and moved in as a bar tender. He joined us afterwards, us The Outcasts, after his father disbanded Dawns Reach. He served all the drinks for free. Often there would be drinking competitions. I don't encourage overly use of alcohol as we are always at danger. But people want to relax and forget and I don't blame them. For a short time that we were there, we've grown fond of the place. One day, we had to go assist the regiment, we were docked on the outskirts of the Wetlands. The blood elf being our captain of the ship. Oh yes...how could I forget. Anithrandils father after disbanding Dawns Reach, he handed his ship to Anithrandil himself. Full outfit, cannons and all. It came in rather useful, but I'll talk about that later, or at least write. Anyway, The Dwarven Regiment called upon us Outcasts to aid them in battle, which we willingly did. One of their scouts came running to us. As such we moved out to Ironforge. They were impressed by the numbers we had, by the people that came. Our pure and white uniforms, yet our beastial and deadly nature. What originally was a pack , grew into something larger. Something worthy of notice, a harmony of different races, different people of all walks of life. A family, where everyone is accepted. Something I never had. Something I always wanted to have.

From Ironforge we marched to Thelsamar. On our road we fought throgs, trolls, Dark Irons and, yeah I think that's all of them. We have successfully cleared the roads. Our advance along with The Regiment was worthy of notice. The Outcasts have shown themselves as worthy and honorable allies. I hope Haiko feels that way. Noillin is...changing however. He's distant, angry at times, hard to talk to. It just seems he's desperately trying to get the generals attention. Wanting more and more. He got promoted to a corporal. Isn't that enough? Yet, he still strives on, pushing things to an extent where you could say it's overboard. It annoys me at times, but it's alright, he's just trying to prove his worth. I will not forget what The Regiment , what Noillin did. But I'll get to that later. Our march to Thelsamar was over. The real battle was to begin within a week and two days. Seeing how we had no reason to stay, we pulled out. Got back onto our boat and sailed away back to our island. But as we came back, horror... Naga everywhere. They surfaced from the oceanic waters and took it while we were gone. From what we could shoot without destroying the architecture, we indeed did so. Rifles, cannons, anything. The naga were not prepared for it, but they gave us a good ass kicking. Specifically that...hydra. Upon the end of the battle, many were wounded, many barely escaped with their lives. Elles our only druid healed them. I was lucky to have the lifestone I got in Darnassus. It helps regeneration and acts every now and then in case it gets bad. But during combat, it doesn't make a difference. I got it from a druid, they told me with the problematic worgen I was, that I'd need it. It reminds me of my times in Darnassus. Sometimes I miss it.

But the battle was not over, enough about Darnassus anyway. We look left and right. No sign of Rugass, no sign of Aihard. Horror! Where the hell are they? In the distance, screams, shouts, collision of metal is heard. Quickly, whoever was left standing, my self included. We all run over and rescue them. Aihard had brought fourty-three men to the island and none of them survived. He was the last one in the back of the island, holding barely on his own with a small ammount of men which shortly died. He was bringing us in supplies, from what I assume was House Silversaddle. In the end it was over. It was done. We won. Shortly , a scout came and informed us more naga are coming. The ocean was restless, it began to rain. The waves became stronger and stronger. We had to leave. So we did. Gray came through , teleporting scattered remains of supplies which Aihard brought, it was all carried over onto the ship. He saved us a lot of time truth be told. We had an hour to pack and we were done in about fifteen minutes thanks to Gray. Soon enough we were on the boat, sailing away. Victorious but defeated. We had to abandon our home. We sailed from shore to shore and could never feel as if at home. We set up multiple camps, moved into multiple places. But it wasn't the same. Yet we could not go back.

For a time we called the ship our home. Truth be told it's better than anything else we moved in. We partied on it. Funny, Anithrandil called the boat Liza, and Liza just happens to be a person within The Outcasts. The rest of us just called it a party boat. Because it was just that. A party, boat. We messed around a lot, drank, sang, danced and what not. Then the day came. It was time to go to Thelsamar. We were all ready. Our numbers incrised, we've gotten more and more members. A fire mage, several riflemen, hunters, and a worgen who is feral to an extent in terms, he can't talk, write nor anything of the sort. Wilfred took it upon him to teach him the alphabet. Meanwhile, I took it upon me to teach Elles to write. I've been successful. Not so sure about Wilfred. Moving on, we arrived and remained in Thelsamar for two days before battle. During that Aylaeaith, a druid, came from Darnassus to check upon our pack. It seems we began drawing attention to ourselves. Question, after question, mind games, probing. In the end she stopped. She deemed us a good sort and began to come more often purely out of friendship. She says we've grown on her. Is that really true? Hard to believe. She seems like that kind of person who is too proud to notice anyone around her. Then again within moments she becomes your bestest friend, heals you up, gives you the best advice you could ever want to hear.

Before marching out to battle, she had blessed us with the mark of the wild. The regiment did not have this, but they had superior numbers. The plan was to assault an ogre stronghold. The First Battalion would move in from the front and distract them. While us, the selected few, would move in from the back, flank them and obliterate them while they aren't even watching. We moved into position and awaited the signal. Patience is truly a virtue. Sound the damn horn, someone muttered. Suddenly, it went off. Noillin being the first, he charged off. "FOR KHAZ MODAN!" He yelled out. The rest of us followed. Some yelled "FOR THE OUTCASTS!" The others mentioned Gilneas and so on. In our first charge, our first barrier were three giant ogres. Our intial surprise attack was very effective, they didn't see us coming and fell before us quickly. While most of the ogres were fighting the main battle force, their boss was left unprotected. We marched on in and fought him with great vigor. Liza almost got killed... We were fighting the ogre boss and in his final breaths he was falling. But Liza was hanging onto him with her axes. Luckily, Lyeria saved her. The rest of the ogres, saw their ...boss? Die and would rush to fight us. In such a fight, we were streched out and barely effective, I my self suffered greatly. I managed to kill an ogre on my own but in his dying breaths I leaped off only to be smacked by his fellow ogre into a rock on my right. Blank. I wake up, I have no idea where I am, who I am, what am I doing, or what is even happening.

I just picked up where I left off, because it felt right. Elles on the other hand was worried. They gave me a lot of potions to drink. We fought on and on, until the reached the ogre mage. There, the true ferocity our pack errupted. Slaughter. Is the only word I have for it. Luckily it was a temporary thing but I'm afraid it did some damage. Temporairly I had suffered what Lyeria called amnesia. From what Ayla told me, everyone panicked and made absolute chaos out of it. Elles was completely incompetent to deal with the situation. She could only think of me and nothing else. I was greatly disappointed, but I will look through it for now. She carries my child after all and our marriage is pending to happen the moment we find a proper priest to wed us. In Lizas words, they made a problem where there was none. I was alive and that was good enough. They kept pushing me to remember, so I ran off. Lyeria took me..."home". A place where I used to live before all this. She kept hitting on me. Then it became clear. I remembered. Lyeria is Ladastilla. I killed Ladastilla during an incident in front of the same house. Then I had my father bring her back. Because if a fool like Thagnar, who caused the whole incident, deserves to live, then Ladastilla does too. A part of me pities her, I regret for what had happened, but I sometimes wonder if it was the right idea to have her brought back. I could have disposed of her body. Yet if it was not for her, Liza would have died that day in the fight with the ogres.

Wilfred often asks me do I truly love Elles? Is she what I want? Truth is, does it even matter? She carries my child, isn't that enough? Even if I wanted to go, I'd never abandoned a child the way my father did. Then again, a part of me loves her strongly and melts away at her every movement, and the other abruptly hates her silence, her inactivity. The way it is enough for her , for me to just be there and cuddle. Truth be told I like some change, some talk, some humor. But it is often that she has nothing to say. I didn't notice this before, yet it didn't bother me. After several months I finally did take note of it and it annoys me greatly. It's always me who has to start the conversation. She never picks up on anything, except, intercourse. Then again, a farm girl who simply farmed all her life, wouldn't have much to say to begin with and in the end that's my soon to be wife. I hope she gives birth to a boy. I wish for my family to continiue. I wish that burden to be lifted off my shoulders. While Ladastilla still pokes around me, trying to find a way into my heart, I can't say I can accept her. Why does she simply not move on? End this torture for both of us and find someone else. Sure, it will always be a painful memory , it will be painful to see each other with someone else. But the world is big enough for both of us to not see each other. In the end she quit The Outcasts as she realized I'll never go back to her. Only for us to meet at The Maul again. Which ended in nothing, as always.

But enough about lovey dovey none-sense. One day, when we were undocking from Booty Bay, Mattis himself came to us. Last time I saw him, we ran into an argument , him and Gray didn't get along, nor did Noillin. Anyway, I let him onboard, but if he causes trouble, he's off. And that he did...it ended up with one of my men blowing his brains out...and Anithrandil turning him into a ghoul. Sadly, the guy had a girlfriend I think. Truth be told I don't regret seeing him die. He was nothing but trouble. Bloody hell I think I'm running low on ink. f**k sake, I should have bought more. I'll write until it ends up empty.

So, in my earlier entries I wrote of Elles. Now you see, I, my self. I was with Ladastilla, I mentioned her earlier and uh...well, one day. I went to Heartglen. Guess who was there? Elles her self. Things kicked off pretty quickly... It didn't take long for us to hook up. Opps, I'm a cheater. Lada didn't know at the time. But anyway, we fell in love with each other rather quickly. First I thought she friend zoned me, so I made my leave a bit disappointed. I always had my eye on her and she finally had her eye on me. I went to Dalaran, I was hoping to use that as a base to find my fathers final resting place. In truth my father didn't have a resting place nor will he ever have one. He's a death knight. But I sent a letter to Elles and told her how I felt and what I thought and where I went. I go to bed and the next morning, Elles is there. The moment I walked into the inn, I had her FULL attention. She dropped everything she did. Then we kissed. Our first kiss, in a full inn. It was nice. It was different. It felt good really. Eventually , guilt grew upon me and I went to Lada, I confessed what had happened and then she beat the shit out of me, not that I defended my self. I deserved it, so I let her. Luckily, there were people to take care of me, once I returned to Goldshire.

Funny how all these people you never expect to see, run into you. Like my uncle. I always thought of joining something Gilnean, yet such could not be found. My uncle made a paramilitary Gilnean unit and eventually disbanded it. c**t. Names me commander and all, then just runs off to Kirin Tor. But none the less, it's what I have left of family as a whole. Dad is off...doing light knows what. Mom is just a nuts warlock and pretty much the same as dad. What a messed up family this is. Luckily, I can say, Elles and I are gonna have a better family, a better home, everything is gonna be just fine. Anyway, we're back at the island, we took it. I don't think we're gonna see the naga ever again. We are yet to build proper defenses. I've been thinking, we need funding. I'll begin to poke around as to what my fellow Outcasts can do. Might begin trading so we can buy proper materials for defenses. Liza made a suggestion of making barbed wire and placing it all over the beach. With some spikes that'd work great. Who has seen a jumping naga? They don't even have feet. T'was another bloody battle though. I was told only Rugaas the death knight remained standing along with Liza for a brief moment and Tyler, our fire mage. I mean, damn, Anithrandil, Elles, Drayke, Cord, my self and I can't remember exactly who else was there. We all ended up on our arses, hurt, bleeding or worse. Ayla says our cannons were heard all the way to Ashenvale. Hence why she came to see what's going on. He healed up all of us. Luck seems to follow us where ever we go. I thi-

** Sorrowfang ran out of ink. He curses under his breath and closes his journal. Guess he needs to buy some more.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maenor Autumshield - Journal entry 1 Jameston 1 1,081 06-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Nephos
  Ulfried's Salvaged Journal GeneralDefyre 5 1,665 05-12-2014, 05:43 PM
Last Post: GeneralDefyre
  Leoran's journal entry Vind101 1 1,061 02-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Vind101
  A Warden's Journal Dug 0 819 01-19-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Dug
  Eiuna Dawnstrider's Journal Aquanthe 5 1,358 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Aquanthe