The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ulfried's Salvaged Journal
((This thread will be the writings of Ulfried Volkbourne after he found and read through an old journal he found. This first post will be the introduction to the journal, and future posts will be Ulfried writing. Enjoy!))

It was a sunny day in Elwynn Forest, and Ulfried was sitting inside a small cottage just outside the city of Stormwind. The home was abandoned, seemingly in a rush, except for a worn notebook and a small lockbox with no key. Ulfried picked up the notebook and flipped open the cover, reading the name that was written, "Journal of Vitaly Zaitsev". He realized that Vitaly must've lived here before, and left his lockbox and journal behind. But why?

Ulfried opened to the first page and began reading. Soon, he realized that he was reading this man's life story, as well as several poems the man had written. There were parts that were happy, angry, sad, upset, and just plain depressing, but Ulfried read on until he got to the final page, and he stopped, wide-eyed.

The page was covered in dots of blood and the first paragraph read, in bold, dark lettering: "If you are reading this right now, I am gone. Dead? Perhaps, but who knows where my demons will take me. Epsilon is long-gone, Kassuu left to rejoin her Draenei brothers and sisters, and everyone else seems to be having a jovial time without Ol' Vit. Well, I must really be off now. Can't keep the zhevra waiting, he gets feisty."

A few lines are empty, before it continues: "Oh Epsilon.. My dear, beloved Epsilon. I'm so.. so sorry.. For what I've done, and for what I'm doing.." It stops again, before continuing a few lines below.

"To whomever finds this, I have left something very dear to me in the lockbox. I designed the lock myself, so only those skilled in lockpicking will be able to open it. Good luck, and may the Light of the Na'aru shine upon you."

Spread throughout the words are drops of dark, dried blood, with a larger pool at the very bottom. Ulfried sat there for a moment before sighing and looking at the lockbox, "I know what it's like to be alone, Mister Vitaly Zaitsev... Indeed I do... Thank you for.. whatever it is you have left for me.."
First Entry: At First Sight

I was in Stormwind today, visiting to see the city and anything interesting within. While there, I found some Gilnean emissaries speaking to Gilneans about the fighting going on, until a purple robed man approached me. I turned out to be Jeremiah, the man from before, whose book on druids I had recovered with the help of a few friends. We chatted a bit about the colors of clothing people were wearing until a.. pretty lass approached and joined us in conversation. Her name is Elanor Tatchet, and she wore a green outfit, with a bow strapped to her back. She was nice, and soon enough the three of us met a denizen of Stormwind, Westley. Along with him, the four of us went on sort of a..tour of the city sights.

Jeremiah had been flying around earlier (he's a druid), and showed us where the districts were, and where the Keep was, though we weren't allowed in. He took us around, but the whole time I couldn't help but think of Elanor. She was... beautiful. She made me speechless, and when I go words out, they were awkward, not making sense sometimes.

Anyways, Jeremiah led us to the Cathedral and that was the first time the two had seen my human form. I don't like my human form much, as I always felt small and weak, and the two saw my scars. They were surprised, but I chuckled and tried to make them feel more assured that I was ok. But they still hurt sometimes. And this damned blood I need to drink! Why can't the pain just go away? ...This small part of the page has a small dot of dark blood.

Ah damn.. Some spilled... This damned blood I need. I need to get some more soon.

Anyways, after visiting the Cathedral we went around it to the lake, and it was so.. peaceful. Some kids came up to bug me but I scared them off. Otherwise it was quiet, just the sound of splashing water and birds chirping. But I still couldn't stop thinking about Elanor. I was entranced by her, I don't know why. I had never experienced this feeling before.

Well anyways, Jeremiah then took us to what was left of the Park District. Apparently a popular tavern was there, and due to the cataclysm was destroyed... along with everything else in that area. It's a shame really, I've heard it was really nice there, especially with the Kaldorei pond. While there, we ran into a silly mage who seemed to like running a lot, and a woman named Alyss, who Jeremiah began ranting at for being a warlock. Elanor calmed him down enough to continue moving along. She has a way with words, hahaha.

After our tour, we went back to the inn, where we chatted with Jeremiah, the mage, and Alyss joined in as well. Elanor wanted to go into the forest for a walk, and everyone started trying to scare her by saying there were bandits. And there are always bandits, but I.. I wanted to go too. So I offered to accompany her, and she said sure.

Once we left the main gates of Stormwind, Elanor stopped me, grabbing my arm and whispering to me, "I -really- need to shift to my other form. It's been itching at me all day." With that, I remembered the small abandoned cottage I found this notebook and lockbox in, and I told Elanor we could go somewhere safe for her to shift. She agreed, and we headed up to my temporary home.

When we got there, I dropped my bag and weapons in one of the wardrobes, and allowed Elanor to shift. Upon finishing her shift to worgen form, she began staring at her claws and sniffing the air, "It's amazing how much more I notice." I laughed at that, before telling her how good our senses really are, and described her scent, before allowing her to sniff me. And I don't know what came over me, but I felt so much more comfortable with her there, with me, and then she licked me.

SHE. LICKED. ME.

I licked her in return, grinning like a madman, my head swimming in this odd feeling again. I Vitaly wrote about this same thing in his book. He called it love, and I guess I had fallen head over heels for Elanor. She smiled at me then, and ran outside, teasing me, and I followed her only to be jumped on and licked. This felt amazing! Just enjoying ourselves in our true forms, laughing and rolling in the grass.

We ended up falling asleep before Elanor woke up howling a few hours later. I thought something was wrong, but she merely wanted to hunt. I offered to go with her, and we ventured deep into the forest to hunt wild boar. After we were satisfied, I skinned the boar and cleaned the skin while returning to our 'home'. I liked calling the cottage home, though I knew the Ridaken house would be my home soon. I wonder if Elanor will join me there.. I hope so..

We returned to the cottage, and were going to sleep outside again, but Alyss had found us and said she had not a friend nearby, so we allowed her to stay with us in the cottage. Funnily enough, it started raining shortly after. We hung up a large sheet over the doorway to prevent the rain and wind from bothering us, and started a fire in the fireplace to warm us. I had another ache then, and needed to use the last of the feral blood in one of the vials. I need to remember to get more..

I don't think Elanor or Alyss know what it is, and I hope they don't. Mostly Elanor, as I don't want her to worry. Oh Light I love her too much to make her worry.

Anyways, after a while we all went to sleep.. yet here I am writing in this journal while the two sleep. I'm amazed I didn't wake Elanor by mistake when I got up. Well, it's time to finish up and rest for tomorrow. I think tomorrow Elanor and I will begin heading for the Ridaken house.

At the bottom of the page is a small heart with the initials "U&E" drawn inside it.
Second Entry: Adventure Time

I woke up early today... Or rather, I stayed up all night doing nothing but thinking and writing. Now here I am, writing in this journal again. I've read some more of Vitaly's writing, and he seems to have lived a very.. odd life. And he seems to put blame on himself for many things, the worst of which was losing his love, a Death Knight by the name of Epsilon. I felt bad for this man, who had given his old life up to become a priest, living by the Light of the Na'aru, like a Draenei. I found this odd at first, until he wrote about his sacrifices and tests. Very interesting, but I think I'll get to today's adventure now.

When Elanor awoke, I had made breakfast for us, and Alyss had left earlier, so the two of us ate some bread rolls and slices of pork together. After some discussion, Elanor agreed to join me on my journey to the Ridaken home. I told her we would have to go through Westfall and Duskwood, yet she still came with me. I was happy as can be, though worried of our safety.. just a little.

Well, we went south-west, following the road from Stormwind down to Goldshire, before turning and proceeding towards Westfall. They crossed the bridge leading into Westfall soon enough, and as they walked, Elanor commented, "Wow.. This place..looks terrible." I nodded to agree, and we kept moving while I explained what happened with the huge hole in the ground, and all these refugee's trying to find safe haven at Sentinel Hill.

Speaking of which, when we got there, the guards nearly turned us away had I not explained that we were simply passing through towards Duskwood. They let us pass but we hurried through, not wanting to alarm anyone. When we got through we got to the signpost showing us which way Duskwood was, and I paused, turning to Elanor, letting her know one last time that she need not venture on if she did not desire to. She looked me over and simply smiled, "Of course I want to go with you, Ulfy. This'll be fun." I couldn't help but grin as we continued on our way towards Duskwood.

When we crossed the bridge into the dark forest of Duskwood, the air felt... depressing. Nothing felt right, and everything felt dangerous. We trudged on though, stopping at Raven Hill briefly to see if our fellow worgen there had any news. We didn't get much information, though we found out the undead and worgen issue was getting worse here in Duskwood. We bade farewell to our brethren before running through the rest of Duskwood towards Darkshire.

We passed through an area with "DANGER!" signs, and as we got closer to the town, we could see lanterns and guards at the entrance. I showed Elanor the center, before taking her up to the gryphon master, who flew us over to the Ridaken house, as she knew where to fly.

When we finally landed at the entrance, I opened the door and showed Elanor in, pointing out the sights and vast rooms. "If I got some cleaning done here, I think I could call this place home.." My heart just about leaped out of my chest when I heard Elanor say that. I felt so elated that she was considering living here with me and the rest of the clan. I think she noticed...

I showed her the 'playpen' as I liked to call it. It had hay and racks of weapons and armor for sparring. I jumped into the hay and Elanor did as well, and we tumbled around for a while before growing tired and resting a moment. We decided to call it a night and we went upstairs to my bunk, where we had some...fun.. before falling asleep in each others arms.

I stayed awake a while before getting up and writing this entry, though I grow weary and wish to fall asleep. 'Till tomorrow..
Third Entry: Research

It's been a few days, and we haven't really done much of anything. Just hanging around the Ridaken home and exploring a bit outside. Elanor wanted to stay in today, so I went out on my own, leaving the safety of the vast mansion, and venturing out to do some research I've been meaning to do.

I took a gryphon to Duskwood, where I began my project by asking the locals about their plights with the feral worgen and undead of the land. Some still weren't used to seeing worgen -helping- them, but I got enough information to point me in the right direction. I was directed to a small library and I looked through the books it contained. I learned of the history of Duskwood and how it once was a beautiful forest and was corrupted by the Scythe of Elune. That cursed blade has caused much trouble, even before my people were subjected to it's cursed powers.

After reading up on some history and explanations of the curse, as well as the cure we received, I departed from Duskwood, taking a Gryphon to Stormwind. Upon arriving, I went straight to the Cathedral of Light, changing into my human form before arriving to avoid the stares I usually get. There, I asked some of the priests about the worgen curse, and any history on Archmage Arugal. They showed me a few books that I had already seen in Duskwood, but they pointed me to the Tower in the Mage District of the city. And that way I ventured.

I needed a short break from my research, as I was getting tired, so I went to the nearby tavern. I had a drink...or two... and while idly sitting in a corner, a mysterious man approached me. He was fully cloaked in a dark blue silk, a cowl pulled over his face, and he walked up to me and sat down without a word. I was confused and was about to say something to the man until he pulled out a small note, sliding it across the table towards me. Written on the paper was this:

"Before you say anything, allow me to introduce myself. I am a mage from the tower nearby, and I shall remain nameless. Why? Because the things I research are far more deadly than anything the others dare work with, so I hide away until something...brings me out. Like you, Ulfried Volkbourne. How do I know your name? Let's just say I have my ways, and leave it at that. The reason I have found you..or rather, you have come seeking me.. is to answer a very difficult question that plagues your mind every second of every hour of every day of your life... This question is simply, why? And together, you and I can seek the answer to this infernal question. The next question is.. Will you assist me with some..research?"

I read this all, and blinked at the man, before responding, "Go on, nameless one.. You have my interest.."

I will continue writing once I find out what exactly it is we will be doing.
Fourth Entry: Oddities in Town

It's been a day since my last entry, though it seems like it's been several weeks. I spent all night and day doing research, reading books, asking townspeople, and watching the Nameless Man do his magic with the arcane. I grew very tired after several hours of non-stop research, so I decided to take a nap, before heading to the Dwarven District for some mead.

Light, I missed Elanor, but I don't know if she would've wanted to come -back- to Stormwind after we just left it days before. But I missed her so. But I was greatly surprised at the tavern, when I was speaking to some other tavern-goers about our past professions, who else but Elanor walked in! It was the strangest thing, too, as I had just then been thinking of her. As if she knew.. but nonetheless I nuzzled her small snout, as she was in her human form, and we stood about until that paladin from before, started yelling at me again.

What did I ever do to this man? I argued with him -once- and then he fought Bingles, that silly gnome, and now he want to fight me again! Then some dwarf walked up and joined the paladin in mocking me and my kind, and got me -so- enraged that I finally just said I'd fight the paladin and end this mess once and for all. But then a man, who was listening to us for a while, jumped in and got the paladin to fight him instead. -Two- times in a row I didn't fight this man and all because a friend wanted to help me...

Nonetheless, Elanor and I left the tavern to venture to the Mage District, where we got some water at the inn, relaxed, and I showed her the beauty of this part of the city. We found a nice secluded spot, and decided to have some fun before sleeping.

By the Light, it was amazing. I've never experienced anything like it..Anyways, after a while, we drifted off to sleep on a small grassy hill tucked away behind some houses.

I awoke soon after to write this entry, and now I bid thee farewell, and good eve.

Just after the last sentence is a small dot of dark blood, smeared slightly towards the end of the page.
Fifth Entry: Interesting Findings

It's been so long since I sat here, writing in my journal. Several months? Years? Who knows? All I know, is that I'm alone again. I went on a research expedition to get some 'artifacts' for the unnamed mage. He told me nothing about them, just that I could not open the lockboxes they were in, and that he needed them all together for his experimentation.

I'm still not sure what exactly he does when he's alone, but it gives me time to rest. Like now, I'm in the cabin where I brought Elanor that first night. Odd...How one day you leave friends and loved ones behind to go on a journey, only to return with nobody around. no notes, no mail, no trace.

The writing becomes jittery and right below the last line, a small drop of blood is smeared across the page in the middle.

I wonder if I'll ever find any of the others ever again. Bingles, Elanor, Vyne, a few others whose names I can no longer remember...

I'm just so...

Alone.

A small group of claw marks can be seen at the bottom of the page.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Maenor Autumshield - Journal entry 1 Jameston 1 1,081 06-23-2014, 03:27 AM
Last Post: Nephos
  Leoran's journal entry Vind101 1 1,061 02-25-2014, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Vind101
  A Warden's Journal Dug 0 819 01-19-2014, 04:50 AM
Last Post: Dug
  Eiuna Dawnstrider's Journal Aquanthe 5 1,358 12-28-2013, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Aquanthe
  Sorrowfang's Journal Dug 3 1,310 08-27-2013, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Dug