11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3003
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86058
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2578
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

3/5/13 - Google Search Bar
So! As folks have noticed by now, I added the Google search right at the top of the forums. Before, I had the CotH G-Search in the side menu, as well as had the Search button at the top point to a separate page for it. After discovering that a pop-up method for the search results was now possible (thanks, TrinityCore webmaster, for bringing it to light), I went to work on implementing it myself!

As before, the Google search indexes all pages/topics that a normal Visitor can access (at some point I'll take the time to review what all they can view and ensure they can at least see everything that a Peon can see, and if not I may make a special usergroup for that purpose). It does not include private forums, so if you need to search for something of that nature, you'll still need to use the forum built-in search.

I'm also still working on the appearance of the search results, but I'm rather bad at CSS rules, so I'm perplexed as to why some of my stylesheets are being ignored in favor of the default. Anyone versed in CSS, please feel free to speak up!

Other than that, how do folks like it? The search defaults to including the Forums, Wiki, and GM IDs site (http://gm.conquestofthehorde.com), but you can narrow your results using the tabs at the top of the results page.
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
[-] The following 2 users Like Kretol's post:
  • Aethon, Kira13
It's...AWESOME! I love it..I use the Searchbar a lot, and it's so much faster and easier like this. Here, take my like.
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
I got really confused when I first saw it and thought my Internet Explorer was acting up. 'm excited to try this thing out, though, it's nice to not have to hunt around for the search options :).
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
(03-05-2013, 12:17 PM)Caravan Wrote: Internet Explorer

I sense treachery.
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
[-] The following 6 users Like Piken's post:
  • Caravan, Aethon, WingedReaver, Bingles, Djura, Kira13
PM
It's big and kind of distracting, but yay! Google search!
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
PM
Can you make the text field gray?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Aye, the gray would help out. The bright white tends to hurt my eyes @[email protected]
PM

[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.