The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What would you like more focus on?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
The Argent Crusade
60.87%
14 60.87%
The Ashwatch Vigil
30.43%
7 30.43%
Other
8.70%
2 8.70%
Total 23 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

A Kril in the Large Sea
[Image: 4021010372_a4bf268988_o_zpsb8309e92.jpg]

Hello there, my friends and peers! I'm at a bit of a standstill, so I was wondering if you folks could help me out. Currently at the moment I have a number of things on my plate- between thirty or so different characters I have different involvements in different stories and different guilds. However not only that but I've taken on to a few of my characters to lead their own stories. Namely I have Krilari who is to head the Argent Crusade once more and Anthrion who is the current leader of the Ashwatch Vigil.

Now, the problem I find myself running in to is that I have stretched myself well too far and well too thin to really invest in one guild at once, let alone two. So I'm here to take an inventory of what YOU would be most interested in seeing me put my focus on. For the most part I have two specific and one vague option in front of me.

The Argent Crusade

An old one and a good one. The Argent Crusade, for those who might not be as familiar with the organization, is a summation of the Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand into one neutral faction that caters not to the war of the Horde and Alliance but instead sees to fighting off cultists of both the Scourge and the Twilight Hammer.

In the Catacylsm the Crusade has grown a hint less relevant, but it still has an overwhelmingly heavy presence in the plaguelands which is more than enough for a good storyline.

However, the Argents aren't always sparkles and sunshine. The problem with the Crusade is that it tends to involve a lot of cross-faction RP and doesn't encourage a whole ton of conflict between the various races. If you live for racism and glaring at orcs across the bar, this might not be the option for you.

The Ashwatch Vigil

A bit of a newer creation, but more importantly a creation of my own along with a select few and the influece of their characters. The Ashwatch Vigil is a collection of Night Elves who focus on laying down their lives for the defense of their people and their home- the Ashenvale. Because of this the group is obviously Alliance-affiliated if anything by association.

Since the cataclysm wrought the land the Elves have only had more to fight. Elementals, Orcs, naga, Orcs, Faceless ones, orcs, Twilight Cultists and, of course, orcs.

Sadly the Ashwatch has it's cons as well. First and foremost it is Nigh Elf-Centric, meaning that not only would Horde races fell out of place, but Alliance would be as well save for a select few that wriggle their way in. As well, in a matter of honesty, Night Elf Rp is not quite as wide-spread as other races, making for a dry situation at times.

On this note, I did have an issue running with The Old Elf and the Sea. The matters were mostly of my own, but I want to hear the opinions of others. What could be done better? What else could have happened? Is the story worth reviving or should it be retconned/removed?

Other..?

Of course our third option leaves us with something a bit more to be desired. What if you want a neutral guild that isn't quite as goody-goody two-shoes? Or maybe an Alliance Warband centered more in the Human Lands? What about some Orcs that just want to go home to Draenor? Post your opinions and thoughts. With enough support I can add it up on the poll!

With all of this said I leave the votes to you my friends. Feel free to leave your thoughts and comments along the thread. Discussion is healthy!

TL;DR - You don't get to be lazy. Read the whole thing.
(10-23-2013, 09:54 AM)Krilari Wrote:
The Ashwatch Vigil

A bit of a newer creation, but more importantly a creation of my own along with a select few and the influece of their characters. The Ashwatch Vigil is a collection of Night Elves who focus on laying down their lives for the defense of their people and their home- the Ashenvale. Because of this the group is obviously Alliance-affiliated if anything by association.

Since the cataclysm wrought the land the Elves have only had more to fight. Elementals, Orcs, naga, Orcs, Faceless ones, orcs, Twilight Cultists and, of course, orcs.

Sadly the Ashwatch has it's cons as well. First and foremost it is Nigh Elf-Centric, meaning that not only would Horde races fell out of place, but Alliance would be as well save for a select few that wriggle their way in. As well, in a matter of honesty, Night Elf Rp is not quite as wide-spread as other races, making for a dry situation at times.

On this note, I did have an issue running with The Old Elf and the Sea. The matters were mostly of my own, but I want to hear the opinions of others. What could be done better? What else could have happened? Is the story worth reviving or should it be retconned/removed?

Ashwatch!

Voting for this due to a certain somebody plotting a something in a high up place with a big tree.

It's in Private Discussion, yup.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Why can I select only one?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
I know you said that the Argent Crusade's cross-faction nature makes conflict RP difficult.

I'd disagree. I would love to see the Crusade wake up again and for people to start ignoring their high horse for a few moments. Sure, with Deathwing about and the world in chaos, people are still going to wind up in conflict. Have the Argent Crusade be forced to do incursions on conflicted areas where they come a little bit too close to the war between the factions for their members to stay entirely neutral and friendly.

Bring back the tensions that come naturally with having to work side-by-side with your enemies. Just because you fight under the same banner doesn't mean everything's suddenly flowers and sunshine, and far from every soldier of the Crusade is a disciplined man of virtue. A lot of scumbags join the Crusade because it's a fancy job and because they need people; they can't afford to be picky.

Explore the Crusade in a more dimmed light. I'd love to see that.
Not to be unhelpful, but I currently don't have much interest in either direction. As much as I like Night Elves and RPed them a ton in the past, I'm pretty done with them. Voted for other, I just don't have a strong idea to what that 'other' is at the moment. The Alliance warband sounds okay, but I don't got a real idea as to where, what and how. (Argent Crusade never really appealed to me, idea of banding up with Forsaken.. Eh. Just doesn't do it for me.)

Planning to attend the Westfall event roaming about in the future, I also enjoyed the Northshire one although only attended one of them. (Neither hosted by you, but that direction appeals to me somewhat. Probably other directions as well, just unsure at the moment. Wish I had a list really.)
[Image: krill_601_600x450.jpg]
If you live for racism and glaring at orcs across the bar, this might not be the option for you.

You can't tell me what to do!

I voted for Ashwatch Vigil to get something going to the elves, since they don't get much RP. I did have some ideas for Other (Goblins doing goblin things, trolls dealing with 'evil' tribes getting some early help from the Zandalari, gnomes being the heroes the Alliance needs, etc), but Ashwatch is always a good opportunity for Elf RP, even if I don't join said Elf RP.

If you want any help, I could try to provide some at times.
I think I would cast my vote for the Argent Crusade again. I think it really was a neat way to get everyone together even if they had different convictions. It might be a little "tired" but I think some sort of cross-faction effort fighting a large threat would be neat.
Cast my vote for the Crusade. I'm INSANELY interested in this. I'd love to make a character...especially a unique one! Maybe a troll that has decided to help conquest against undead. Who knowsssssss....
Anyways. Voted. /thumbs up
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
Wishy-washy Vigil gets my vote! There are / have been enough religious / cross/faction-y-of-that-vein guilds already, and Night Elves don't get enough junk to do!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
It should be noted that no matter what happens I'll be keeping both guilds and I will be trying to keep both active, but one's going to be getting a fair more lot of attention over the others.

However this is also a good point for me to ask:

Help!

I need people willing to RP, to run events, do do whatever either with the Crusade or the Vigil. I need people who are willing to help me keep things interesting!
no

never

youre on your own krelari

(Maybe. I'll get back to you on that.)
The Argent Crusade

An old one and a good one. The Argent Crusade, for those who might not be as familiar with the organization, is a summation of the Argent Dawn and the Order of the Silver Hand into one neutral faction that caters not to the war of the Horde and Alliance but instead sees to fighting off cultists of both the Scourge and the Twilight Hammer.

In the Catacylsm the Crusade has grown a hint less relevant, but it still has an overwhelmingly heavy presence in the plaguelands which is more than enough for a good storyline.

However, the Argents aren't always sparkles and sunshine. The problem with the Crusade is that it tends to involve a lot of cross-faction RP and doesn't encourage a whole ton of conflict between the various races. If you live for racism and glaring at orcs across the bar, this might not be the option for you.

Tried and true classic! The Mission Board, the council politics, the social RP, I hold Hearthglen RP from the LK server in extremely high regard. It provides an excellent catalyst for factional strife as well as cooperation annd is a great hub to stir up storylines.

Plus, the Argent lore in Cata is -badass-. Fighting Nerubian crypt lords? Fighting the Risen Undead Scarlets and taking Tyr's Hand? The Battle for Stratholme? The majesty of GARDENING!

Gimmiegimmiegimmiegimmiepls.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Frankly, the Argent Crusade has seen it's glorydays and have already gained enough focus. So I'd say go all in with Ashwatch Vigil and use it to attract some counter RP among the Horde and try to force RP that is not overly limited to kal'dorei. (Lots of humans that have fled to Kalimdor after Deathwing came to Stormwind for example, how does the elves handle this?)

In short I feel the Crusade is off topic in this setting.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
I voted Argent Crusade. A lot of the IC reasons were mentioned by Lox. OOCly, there's been a lot of complaints about non-open RP, and I think the Argents can kinda bridge that gap, since the main town its been RPed in the past is neutral, as well as the guild's membership.

The other reason is that it's something people can join with characters that are already active. It's very difficult to maintain a race-specific guild because you end up with a ton of characters made for it, but end up being quickly lost interest in.

That said, there seemed to be a decent core of characters last time I interacted with the Ashwatch, and as you mentioned, you'd still put the effort into keeping it going. But if the purpose of the poll is to select which one would be more enticing/involving to the server as a whole, I'd think the Argents are more likely to offer a long-term, continuous opportunity for a broader amount of players.