08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 356
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2615
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85210
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2197
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3392

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

About peace.
Hello guys. Laugh I've been wanting to ask a question that was in my head for quite the long time. What does this mean to you:

''To be lasting, peace must be anchored in each of us so we become its natural ambassador."

I know it's kinda of a long topic to talk about but if you could post your opinion to this thread with a few words I would really appreciate it.

Thank you, again. :D
You' seek me help?

[Image: vt4s.jpg]
PM
The way I interpret it is pretty simple - peace isn't something that can be brokered between diplomats or signed on paper. For it to be actualised, people've got to actually believe in it, because peace is only as good as the people who're subject to it, right? If you're disillusioned and don't think peace is possible then it won't be possible - reconciliation's about getting everybody together, not just the leaders.

But I think UNESCO's statement's more about the idea of world peace than just stopping wars, and that takes a lot of effort - breaking down prejudices based around ethnicity, economic status, sexuality are all part of helping people get along just that much better.

Now to post lots of party hats to change the tone of this post!
[Image: 48px-Party_Hat.svg.png][Image: 48px-2ndYearPartyHat.png][Image: 48px-1stYearPartyHat.png][Image: 48px-7yearparty.png]

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like Maulbane's post:
  • Delta, Dilly, Bitlordman, Loxmardin
PM
Thank you kindly, Maulbane.
You' seek me help?

PM
Sounds like you are having us do your homework.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
PM
It's not actually about homework. I needed a few suggestions about a presentation I'm making for my club. If you're interested in seeing it you could send me a pm. I have all sorts of suggestions and ideas gathered in one. I just simply collect them in one.
You' seek me help?

PM
This may sound harsh but peace is an illusion until we all start working towards it with every part of our being, everyone needs to help in achieving it. Peace cannot be achieved as long as there is hatred and bigotry in our world.

Maulbane Wrote:The way I interpret it is pretty simple - peace isn't something that can be brokered between diplomats or signed on paper.

Diplomats may be able to sign papers and try to achieve peace but there will be no peace or shred of peace until everyone starts working towards it.

Maulbane Wrote:But I think UNESCO's statement's more about the idea of world peace than just stopping wars, and that takes a lot of effort - breaking down prejudices based around ethnicity, economic status, sexuality are all part of helping people get along just that much better.

This is true to me. But knowing mankind it's hard. As long as even one person cannot do this, there will be prejudices as described above.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maarten's post:
  • Bitlordman
PM
Just to note to Quantum that this is actually not going to be explained and written in english. So it will be kinda tricky for me to format everything that you guys just said, because I've already made a presentation about it I just wanted to see what you guys think about ''peace''. :)
You' seek me help?

PM
Claiming peace cannot occur at all until everyone works toward it is nonsense. Diplomats have prevented loss of life across the globe throughout the history of civilization. Peace is hard-won, often by the few.

The quote means that peace is spread intuitively on a personal level. Benevolent people change a room's atmosphere. Human nature is originally crude and violent, but with learning we can gain second nature that is sensitive and peaceful.
PM
Well then the question arises. Do you speak of inner, self-peace, or peace spreading across civilizations or societies? Those are very different things.

To best achieve self-peace, in my own opinion, is to know yourself. Know everything about yourself, and accept it. Find things you don't wish to change, but things you wish to improve upon. Enjoy yourself for who you are, because you're one of the only people that can truly appreciate you.
Second, I feel mannerism and peace go hand-in-hand. If you're very composed, polite, and kind, then peace should come easy as it will come easy to those who deal with you. On the other hand, if you are rude and arrogant, finding inner peace may be difficult.

/giant exhale

Now, about peace over a society.
Maulbane Wrote:If you're disillusioned and don't think peace is possible then it won't be possible - reconciliation's about getting everybody together, not just the leaders.
But I think UNESCO's statement's more about the idea of world peace than just stopping wars, and that takes a lot of effort - breaking down prejudices based around ethnicity, economic status, sexuality are all part of helping people get along just that much better.

Just about all of this. As far as I'm concerned, though, I've got to primarily agree with Kull in saying that society can not be at peace unless peace is reached at a personal, individual level for each person. Although one sour apple does not spoil an entire orchard, it does increase the chances of other sour apples appearing.

/giant exhale

Okay. I believe that's it for my rant and ramble.
That's just my two-cents about peace.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nymus's post:
  • Kage

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  rip in peace Thoradin 7 336 02-02-2013, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Valandil
  The Peace Circle! Hawk 4 308 02-28-2009, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Hawk