08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 354
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2606
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85204
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2188
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3390

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Andrea Blackspell (Undead Priest)
Player: Whorak

Character full name: Andrea Blackspell

Character in-game name: Andrea

Association(s): Undercity

Race: Undead

Class: Priest

Skills and Abilities: Andrea can be seen as a mystical spellcaster, adept at bending situations to her will should she succeed. Although all of her abilities are not offensive in nature, she does have other means to harm her enemies.

Sway Mind: Manipulating the mind of her victim, Andrea is capable of forcing her opponent to do whatever she commands them to do. Strong-willed opponents are capable of breaking free or resisting the psychic attack completely. However, while controlling the mind of the enemy Andrea is completely vulnerable to any attacks. Excessive use of the Sway Mind ability causes Andrea to experience:

Fatigued Mind: For the duration of the effect, Andrea is unable to cast Sway Mind again.

Sooth Mind: Calming the mind of the attacker, Andrea is capable of temporarily inducing tranquility into the victim, causing them to stop battle for as long as the effect lasts.

Telepathic Communication: Accessing the mind of a nearby ally, Andrea can speak with them telepathically with surprising clarity.

Improved Mind Vision: Using her ability to see through the mind of a target in line of sight, Andrea is capable of projecting this image to the mind of a nearby ally.

Paralysis: Filling the mind of the victim with terror, this spell immobilizes them as they are forced to cower in fear as long as the effect lasts. (Psychic Horror equivalent)

Shadow Surge: The target’s mind is assaulted by shadow magic, harming them. (Mind Spike OOC)

Hair: Andrea’s hair is black and tied into pigtails.

Eyes: Andrea had green eyes before death, which turned yellow as she became undead.

Weight: 58 kg

Height: 1.65m

Usual garments: Despite the fact that she is now a living corpse, Andrea still enjoys to wear dresses, usually of darker color. She occasionally wears an outfit that completely hides her body and face.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Andrea is a peaceful and considering character, always willing to delve into the heart of books on human psychology. The transition from a human to a forsaken changed many facets of her life. Even though she has lost many of her memories as a human, she has never grown to love her undead body. Andrea is a friendly being with good intentions and would not attempt to harm others unless they are a threat to her or her allies. Andrea has spent most of her life training to remain focused in harsh situations, however, since she became undead she would occasionally wander of in daydreams, reliving what she remembers of her past.

History:

Andrea Milton was born in Lordaeron and grew up in a close relationship with not only her father, who she saw as a friend rather than a parent, but also her twin sister, Vivian. When Andrea was still young the First War broke out. Her father did not join the soldiers that fought the orcs, but rather tended the injured humans that returned. However, when the Second War followed her father remained at home to teach Andrea the work of a priest and how to heal others with magic. Andrea spent many hours in meditation as a teenager, keeping to herself most of the time. She followed in her father’s footsteps as a priest when she entered adulthood and her studies were mostly focused on discipline in her faith.

Years later the Third War broke out. Andrea, now an adult, was called with some of her fellow priests to go to fight in the war where she took on the role as a healer, trying to keep the human forces strong. One morning while tending an injured soldier, her work was abruptly interrupted by the sound of clashing metal from outside the small building they were in. It was not long before two ghouls entered the room and killed Andrea.

Andrea was resurrected as an undead under the power of the Lich King. It was during this time when she started to use the power of shadow magic to manipulate and harm those who opposed the Scourge, fighting alongside those who she helped to heal when she was still human.

When the power of the Lich King waned, Andrea found herself crouching over a corpse. At first she was confused, but slowly her memory started to return to her about what she was and what she has done. Even though most of her memory were lost for the time she served the Scourge, she could still see flashes of events that happened throughout her life. It wasn't until later when she met more like herself: Undead that broke free and are now in service of Lady Sylvanas.

At the arrival of Deathwing, the Greymane Wall near Lordaeron was shattered allowing the worgen to roam free. Now threatening the undead of Lordaeron, Andrea remained with her race to try and stop the Gilneans from establishing a base there.

PM
Hey, @Whorak! Quick question for verification! Was your undead by chance the one that was in Duskwood mind controlling anyone misfortunate enough to follow her off of the road? :D
PM
(09-23-2013, 09:10 AM)Rini Wrote: Hey, @Whorak! Quick question for verification! Was your undead by chance the one that was in Duskwood mind controlling anyone misfortunate enough to follow her off of the road? :D

Hey Rini. Yeah, that was also an Agatha I RPed with. At the time it was actually just a character I made for a mini event the day before with no reason of RPing with ever again, and she died at the end of the RP. Though, her name was never mentioned (Other than people seeing her name above her head) and I started to like the character idea.

The Agatha you are thinking of is not the same one as in this profile, but she remained an undead priest. (The huge difference between the two is the one was pure evil, where as the one in this profile is Neutral Good alignment.)

If there are any concerns I am capable of renaming the character completely. It is rather confusing. I should have known better and chose another name.

PM
(09-23-2013, 10:46 AM)Whorak Wrote:
(09-23-2013, 09:10 AM)Rini Wrote: Hey, @Whorak! Quick question for verification! Was your undead by chance the one that was in Duskwood mind controlling anyone misfortunate enough to follow her off of the road? :D

Hey Rini. Yeah, that was also an Agatha I RPed with. At the time it was actually just a character I made for a mini event the day before with no reason of RPing with ever again, and she died at the end of the RP. Though, her name was never mentioned (Other than people seeing her name above her head) and I started to like the character idea.

The Agatha you are thinking of is not the same one as in this profile, but she remained an undead priest. (The huge difference between the two is the one was pure evil, where as the one in this profile is Neutral Good alignment.)

If there are any concerns I am capable of renaming the character completely. It is rather confusing. I should have known better and chose another name.

Alrighty. I'm checking because you're not allowed to retcon character deaths unless the server is moving on to the next expansion, having a wipe, or there's a big reason to. If it's the same name, class, race, and etc, I'd consider it a retcon of the character and it's death, so I'd like to ask that you probably change the name, yeah. Sorry!
PM
(09-23-2013, 10:51 AM)Rini Wrote: Alrighty. I'm checking because you're not allowed to retcon character deaths unless the server is moving on to the next expansion, having a wipe, or there's a big reason to. If it's the same name, class, race, and etc, I'd consider it a retcon of the character and it's death, so I'd like to ask that you probably change the name, yeah. Sorry!

Allright :).

I've changed every 'Agatha' to 'Andrea'. I hope that will resolve the name concern.

PM
I still see two Agathas in the Skills section!
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
There we go.

PM
There's a couple of cases where you say 'Spite the fact', which should be 'Despite the fact'. Also, I'd like to see at least some mention of the events of Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm - both events were very important to the forsaken, particularly WotLK, and the profile seems incomplete without them.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
I've changed the 'Spites' to 'Dispite'. I'll add to the history as soon as possible and leave another message here when I have done so.

PM
I made a few changes to the history.

- Added on the First and Second wars (WotLK expansion).
- Changed 'Andrew' to 'Lucas', because Andrea and Andrew sounds too much alike.

My next goal is to add the Cataclysm history. I will make another post as soon as that is done. :)

PM
Alrighty! Could you add a few more sentences to beef up her personality? :D Also, the way that your history is written is rather confusing, as it switched rather abruptly from a story-like scene to her actual history. Could you please smooth that out a bit, and maybe also explain why she's at a grave? You also hadn't quite explained how she became an undead. We like to ask that profiles are written in an omniscent form of writing so we know what's being submitted. While the character may not know her past, we need to. *Nods*

Quote:My next goal is to add the Cataclysm history. I will make another post as soon as that is done.

Please be certain to post complete profiles in the future!

Quote:Character full name: Andrea Blackspell, formerly Milton and Blackmore as a human.

Here, could you put her past name into nicknames? You can put in parenthesis or simply next to the name that this was her birth name, which she now has strayed from.

Quote:When Andrea was an adult the First War broke out.

Actually, since she's 38, she would have still been a child! I'd suggest bumping up her age ten years or more so that she was at least 18 by this time.
PM
I've added some information to her personality, cleared the part that caused confusion (hopefully), explained her time as a slave to the scourge, removed all the past surnames completely from the first section and fixed my lousy math mistake.

Regarding "My next goal is to add the Cataclysm history. I will make another post as soon as that is done", it was a request from Zhaei to add more history on the WotLK and Cataclysm expansions. I just haven't added those at the same time. (Added WotLK first and then Cataclym history when I got time to do so. I try not to submit incomplete profiles).

I hope that would clear most of the problems out. :)

PM
Alrighty! This profile's looking really good, good job! Could you take a few of those small paragraphs and merge them into an average sized paragraph within the history, as well as capitalize the Scourge as it's mentioned within your profile? Also, in your personality you had made mention that Shadow magic was frowned upon by others; Forsaken actually have no problem with the Shadow - in fact, they adore it in comparison to the Light! The Horde as a general whole also doesn't mind the Shadow too much in comparison to the Alliance. Just mentioning this to avoid any confusion!
PM
There we go. :)

I merged the paragraphs that I could. Some of them are still a bit short, though, but I don't see where they could fit in otherwise.

I removed the mentioning about others frowning upon her using shadow magic. I just meant that not everyone likes shadow magic, but I understand your opinion.

PM
Pssst, you left an Agatha in the last paragraph instead of Andrea.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maarten's post:
  • Whorak
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Myrin Ruavia [Sin'dorei Priest] Absurdkoala 4 270 01-05-2015, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Toranadis Stonearm-Human-Priest torstonearm 6 197 11-21-2014, 01:57 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Erika Gravewater [Forsaken Priest] Snuggley 2 151 10-05-2014, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Ural
  Gregoriel Sunfire [Blood Elf Priest] [Noble] Mathias 4 199 08-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Rebecca Lockford [Undead Lightslayer] Duraza 4 212 08-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Last Post: Zenethen