Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36852
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97218
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39969
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31494
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25499

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Ascent Emulator
I've heard from friends that the Ascent emulator's lead developer has quit. What does this mean? The community is frozen at a certain patch, and will not see quel'danas, and those who still play WoW live will be forced to choose between CoTH or regurgitate 18gb of disc space for both private server and Live alike. How does the general community and admin team respond to this?
Squee!
PM
Well that sucks, http://www.ascentemu.com/ really is done, but hey, there are other emulators. I think Ascent was one of the better ones though.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PM
It's rather old news. ;)
There's been another team, OpenAscent, that's essentially picked up where the lead dev of Ascent left off. They opened up near the beginning of the month, and it's what I've been using.

Where are you getting this stuff about having to choose and being unable to see Quel'danas? You can see it currently, and the server has been up-to-date for about a month and a half now. Or are you talking about mobs/proper spawning of the instance? That's a whole different issue.
I Am the Sea

Need an easy way to host/link files and images? Check this thread!

Try to never just say, "My character isn't interested in that adventure." A lot of people mistake this for good roleplaying, because you are asserting your character's personality. Wrong. Good roleplaying should never bring the game to a screeching halt. One of your jobs as a player is to come up with a reason why your character would be interested in a plot. After all, your personality is entirely in your hands, not the DM's. Come up with a reason why the adventure (or the reward) might appeal to you, no matter how esoteric or roundabout the reasoning. -(Source)
Burlex didn't actually quit, Argenaught; he's taking a break. He also said when/if he returns, his Ascent developments will be closed source.

OpenAscent might fully take his place, though.
˜★Sketch Blog
I've heard a couple things, and haven't been able to find much on the subject. A friend's server shut down because of it. OpenAscent? Haven't heard of it. *Browses to Google*
Squee!
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What emulator do we use? Mincer 1 251 04-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Dilly