Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 93
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82186
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 559
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3123
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3934

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Book 3 of Korra to start in one week on June 27th
THEY DID THE THING!!! AHHHHHHHHHH!!! <3
PM
Yesss.
Spoiler:
korrasami intensifies
[-] The following 1 user Likes Delta's post:
  • Stealthscout
PM
They did the thing. I was pleased.

I wanted my ships, though...
Spoiler:
I must be insane for wanting Makkorra and Boleska. Dat Korrasami, though.

I lol'd at someone who got mad because they said "why can't people just let them be best friends and not make it into a relationship". Someone doesn't know that they tell us these things without telling it. At the same time, I like that they left it open for interpretation. Could be best friends, could be lovers. All I know is I don't go holding my best friend's hands like that. Especially if in the previous scene there was a wedding.

[Image: MRccWtc.png]

[Image: me4kwjS.png]

The amount of >>implying is very heavy.

But, like I said, open to interpretation. I'll keep shooting for the hinted Makkorra. Even if it wasn't hinted as strongly as Korrasami.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
That korrasami though :| Not that I'm complaining. Also, episode 8 from Season 4 made Varric my favourite character in the series. That storytelling.

I dunno about you guys though, but I felt like the ending was sort of... unsatisfying. With A:TLA, there was a conclusive ending. It spent 4 seasons building up to it whereas in Korra, it sort ended the same way that every other season did. Still loved the series overall though, season 3 was probably my favourite.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
Varrick and Zhu Li were the best parts of Avatar.

Spoiler:
Note that if Korrasami is a thing (probably is but just throwing the possibility out there), that they would break up the next season. Such is the way of Avatar relationships.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Xigo's post:
  • CappnRob, SachikoMaeda
PM
What next season? It's over.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
PM
The joke is that any relationship the writers had the chance to focus on turned into a whiny problem-ridden mess. It's only the side ones that last. Korrasami would not survive another season, simply due to the main character being involved.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
I failed to see the joke. Sorry, Xigo.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:

i am sea-bass
PM
The joke is Korra sucks at romantic relationships so in the case there was ever a hyopthetical 5th season then she'd just break up again like she did the last few times :P
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(12-20-2014, 04:19 AM)Hawk Wrote: I dunno about you guys though, but I felt like the ending was sort of... unsatisfying. With A:TLA, there was a conclusive ending. It spent 4 seasons building up to it whereas in Korra, it sort ended the same way that every other season did. Still loved the series overall though, season 3 was probably my favourite.

I don't know. I think part of it is because ATLA was a long form story with the one goal since the beginning: defeat the firelord. We at most saw his silhouette all of Book 1, finally saw him in Book 2, and by book 3 we've already built him up as this ultimate evil, with him barely having any screen time. Its like Lord Voldemort or Sauron. The satisfaction is finally getting to that epic battle, but it only exists because of the years of anticipation.

The rest of my thoughts have talk about the season finale.

Spoiler:
I also think that the choice to have Korra talk it out with her foe in the end was really significant, even if it doesn't make for as much flash and dazzle. Even though Aang learning how to take away someone's bending was a way of overcoming his own personal commitment to not killing, he still couldn't reason with and understand his greatest foes. The firelord never becomes anything more than an evil person who Aang defeats.

Korra ends up talking to both Zaheer and Kuvira. Rather than using her "limitless" power to force foes into submission, somehow her enemies seeing that she is without limits, both in power and compassion, is enough. Makes me think to when Avatar Wan bends all 4 elements at the same time and holds back the human and spirit armies, just by being in the Avatar state. Korra faces a dictator and a super-weapon, to use a less politically-charged term, yet she still saves Kuvira's life. She definitely wasn't too concerned with the lives of her former opponents. She could have taken Kuvira's bending (or Zaheer's after he was captured), but I suspect losing her own bending made her wary to use Aang's favorite tool.

(Even though it was Amon in season 1 taking away people's bending I think the season makes the case that Aang may have not been doing the best thing by taking bending away to solve problems. If Korra is the avatar that is correcting the past wrongs of other Avatars, like reopening the spirit portals that Wan closed, then I think the fact that she only ever restores bending, never takes it away, is Korra making amends for whatever damage Aang may have caused.)

Also, not to say that the writers have an agenda in Korra's ending... but... After peaceful resolution between dictator and Avatar the Earth Kingdom embraces a state system with elected leaders? I'm highly suspicious of a very clear agenda, favoring diplomacy.
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Duraza's post:
  • Delta
PM
Korra sucks at relationships because her previous relationship was written poorly (or was meant to convey young love). This one was not, conveying throughout the past two seasons that these two characters work extremely well together and have a strong friendship.

T'was not just, "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy..." romance, like Korra/Mako was.
PM
I'll drop this here.
http://www.vanityfair.com/vf-hollywood/2...i-is-canon
PM
They did the thing, and the thing is canon.
PM
Korrasami is more canon than Kataaang. And I approve.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:

i am sea-bass
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Book Suggestions Cressy 19 583 01-07-2015, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Izzy's Book! (and how you can help) xAnimaSola 2 159 08-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Last Post: xAnimaSola
  The weather forecast for this week... Revan 2 201 07-03-2012, 06:29 PM