06-04-2019 09:14 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 162
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 442
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82872
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3215

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

CoTH-TROPES
/Casts Thread Necromancy.

And now it's time for-
Kynra... The bloody blood DeeKay... With blood.

Adept in Blood Magic as her primary form of offense, defense and healing, she's commited Bloody Murder in the name of various just causes, most having to do with serving the Ebon Blade and hunting down renegades.

So, did I mention the blood? She delights in The power of blood to squicky levels of blood lust.

On a lighter side, she thinks Living forever is awesome, not only because she comes from a previously immortal race, but via DeeKayhood, which incidentally affords a few advantages.

Prime weapon? A fist, turned into a runeblade.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
It's time for Antia!

Antia is a Femme Fatale and Knight in Sour Armor, who is often quite the Deadpan Snarker. She is beginning to wear a very Nice Hat, and at times a Little Black Dress when she feels like it (or just puts someone else in one; that works well too.)

Thanks to her time in Stormwind, much of which was spent learning the customs and mannerisms of humans and other Alliance races, she can be quite Wicked Cultured. Despite this and her neutrality, she often indulges in Sarcastic Clapping, and often takes up a Slouch of Villainy. A Glass of Chianti is often good for these times--though naturally, not at the same time as the clapping.

As she sees the naaru as having epic failed in the fall of Draenor, she views the light as nothing more than a source of magic--one with some very serious weaknesses. As such, she has begin training to better understand The Dark Arts of shadow priestery.

She is also a Lipstick Lesbian, though to her detriment there have been certain exceptions (it was worth it. Probably.)

Dressed to Kill and Hot Chick in a Badass Suit apply as well at times, but I didn't feel like making a paragraph for them. Sue me.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
PM
Well, just to begin with I have quite a few Woobies: Rigley, Endling, and Wilt come to mind, notably.

Let's go with Rigley first. Apparently to the opinion of some he is cute, and with that YMMV out of the way, this applies him to having been a multiple receiver of the Break the Cutie scenario. The first is the most notable, leading to a Mourning After, after he is basically got Married at Sea.

Its not all bad though, since Love Makes You Crazy and going from a introverted scientist to a mentally troubled diver has made him Take a Level in Badass, rocket launchers and various engineering gadgets included For Science.

Gadgets and crazy combined have given rise to some true moments of Crazy Awesome for Rigley, such as exploding sharks and crocodiles with shield-generating-explosive-harpoons, and he is also Crazy Prepared for when the world goes crazy in Cataclysm.

Since Rigley is a Cuddlebug though, this is all toning down now that he has a love interest to divert his crazy. Since Rigley is amazingly clingy it was pretty much a First Girl Wins scenario, and Anelli is now his Second Love and what with his track record after his first romance he has developed a He Will Protect Her kind of mindset.

On just the basis of Rigley's relationship are the tropes Huge Guy Tiny Girl, Interspecies Romance, and Our Gnomes are Weirder.

Funny enough there's an extra one here from one of the possible endings to Rigley, should he run his course and I ever decide to stop RPing on WoW or sommat. I won't really say much, but its a Shoot the Dog moment.
PM
Aurel 'Braindrinker' Flamehawk.

Aurel is a depressed man, his family died or was lost in Silvermoon and he decided to take up guard work. Well, That Man Is Dead. Meet Braindrinker. He seems to have a severe case of undead Immortal Immaturity and is quite a childish person. At times he shows that he is, in fact, a Fearless Fool

"My Instincts Are Showing!" He sometimes says to himself but that is often reduced to the idea that Real Men Eat Meat and he loves to nom on humanoid flesh. This often happens during his Menacing Strolls he takes through the jungles of Stranglethorn.

Due to being Undead, he is Weakened By The Light which forces him to bring out his powerful Cower Power and run away whenever it is used. But, he otherwise always believes that "I Can Still Fight".

Because he is less smart than the average man, he Does Not Understand Sarcasm. However, under this cannibalistic exterior, he has a Hidden Heart of Gold which is often seen only by Undead.

Although he does have qualities of being Ugly Cute due to his childish nature. This causes people to OOCly want to cuddle him despite them devouring their character's limb(s).
PM
Skyfin, according to Mad, is a MissedMomentOfAwesome.

He is WalkingTheEarth in the likely vain VisionQuest that is attempting to discover what the sky means.

According to others, Skyfin is a Badass. He often displays a TranquilFury. While normally a rather chill guy who gives out words of advice to people in 'tranquil' mode, it only takes a single press of his BerserkButton to get him to want to either kill or get really angry at whoever pressed it. And when he does get angry enough to kill someone... well... ThereIsNoKillLikeOverkill.

As a Murloc, he has some tropes relating to his race. He is a SeaMonster and was a RediculouslyCuteCritter as a child (Though he himself does not consider himself cute). He is also, depending on your point of view, UglyCute.

He has been a victim of WhenTreesAttack, and thus has a sort of ScrewYouElves mindset.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
Endling is a Woobie, and also Undead.

Her backstory while under the control of the Scourge is pretty much one big whole My God What Have I Done and ends in Trauma Induced Amnesia. She is a former priest of the light, and even after coming back from the dead she persists in using her Holy Magic Healing Hands. She is essentially The Medic of most groups she is in.

She inadvertently makes her friends Living Emotional Crutches. This is mostly because she has put herself in a Self-Inflicted Hell. Said Self-Inflicted Hell comes from being an Absolute Pacifist and Willfully Weak

She is pretty much a Martyr Without A Cause, unless 'heal everything' is a proper cause.

She also Just Wants to Have Friends and Just Wants to Be Loved.

Up until Krilari healed her jaw, and even now some times after when she has inflicted damage to herself so much that she cannot act, she has a case of Has No Mouth And Must Scream.
PM
Thani (picture to the left). I don't think she'll ever be profiled, but she's been hanging around for over half a year, and she's a lot of fun to play.

The.. slightly obsessive, and weird, but well-respected doctor who co-operates a lab in Silvermoon, fixing up people who have medical problems too complicated for Light alone to heal. She's more professional about it than you'd think.

When patients aren't around, she's a hot-blooded person, who runs on entertainment (which often involves teasing her lab assistant), nonstop "high decibel scientific debates", and lots of tea, usually courtesy of her colleague and co-operator. She relies on caffeine to stay running day-to-day. Depriving her of it is an extremely bad idea.

Spoiler:
She's subject to some extremely geeky turn-ons. Usually leads to lulz.

She falls under the category of a brainy brunette, but her most distinctive features are her very mismatched eyes (under the fel), which may or may not be natural. And when her labcoat's on, it's time for serious business.

She has very little spare time (or money), but enjoys playing the hero, building stuff, and writing when she does get some. Doesn't think much of combat. Unless it involves shooting stuff somehow. She just kind of sucks at combat overall.
PM
Etmosril Wrote:Thani (picture to the left). I don't think she'll ever be profiled, but she's been hanging around for over half a year, and she's a lot of fun to play.

The.. slightly obsessive, and weird, but well-respected doctor who co-operates a lab in Silvermoon, fixing up people who have medical problems too complicated for Light alone to heal. She's more professional about it than you'd think.

When patients aren't around, she's a hot-blooded person, who runs on entertainment (which often involves teasing her lab assistant), nonstop "high decibel scientific debates", and lots of tea, usually courtesy of her colleague and co-operator. She relies on caffeine to stay running day-to-day. Depriving her of it is an extremely bad idea.

Spoiler:
She's subject to some extremely geeky turn-ons. Usually leads to lulz.

She falls under the category of a brainy brunette, but her most distinctive features are her very mismatched eyes (under the fel), which may or may not be natural. And when her labcoat's on, it's time for serious business.

In her spare time, she enjoys playing the hero, building stuff, and writing. Doesn't think much of combat. Unless it involves shooting stuff somehow. She just kind of sucks at combat overall.

Dangit now I really wanna Rp with Thani.
It must be done.
i am geko
i live heer
and my favorite food is crikkits
PM
Remember this thread? Let's see what tropes fit characters now with the reset.

Oh, Annabelle. So many tropes.

Little freckled damsel, but screw you if you think she's in distress. Adorable, plucky little thing. It's no wonder so many baddies want to break her. Everyone else swears to protect her. Even a few of the girls swear to! Makes sense, as much as she makes a martyr of herself. And when they get hurt, there she goes blaming herself. Despite her refusal to wear makeup, she does clean up nicely.

She got upgrades!

With her interest in engineering, she will take holy hand grenades to a new level. Is that a staff? No, it's a friggin' cannon with a friggin' Light laser firing out of it. Got some new duds too, to match the theme. Still won't kill if she can help it, she is very quick to forgive.

She's still a home grown girl at heart, though.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
I'm too lazy to put the tropes into a story XD.

As usual, gonna start with Kaapre:

The Matchmaker (Duh)
Matchmaker Quest (Essentially what I'm aiming for with The Love Exchange)
Gentle Giant
Lovable C- actually, Cowardly Lion is closer.

Sibling Yin-Yang/ Different as Night and Day (Diwaata is strong and valorous but bitchy; Kaapre is meek and mild but cowardly)
Sibling Seniority Squabble (Oy. They have this a lot)
Tag Team Twins (Both sibs are shamans, Dia as Elemental and Kaapre Enhancement. I look forward to the day both will be seen in combat so this would happen)
Twin Banter (When I dualbox the two together, this is guaranteed to happen. In fact, this will be the only time you'll see either of them participate in Vitriolic Best Buds-type of conversation in which neither of the two would have with anyone else. Sibling priveleges, yo)
Big Little Brother (No duh)
Knight Templar Big Little Brother (Wanna get on Kaapre's bad side really really fast? Do something bad to Dia.)
If You Do Anything to Hurt Her (He is this way to Cristovao for his sister)

Like A Son To Me (This is Kenny to Kaapre)

The First Cut is the Deepest (This will happen to anyone who will attempt to court Kaapre post-restart)
The Mourning After
Friends with Benefits (he'll at least have sexy time, though ;) )

Goddamn, this is getting long. I'll either add more later or do someone else. Likely Dia because she shares several tropes with Kaapre.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Vyndus:
The guy who antagonizes everyone, but also enjoys playing dumb. Has a tendency to get into bad situations and will often give horrible excuses to get out of the situation. Has a tendency to betray friends but will occasionally help them out. Always smiling, and never forgetting his manners unless you insult his hat. The hat is a weakspot. Also a complete a-hole.

Kostus:
Typical nice guy, loathes to fight unless forced. Sweet and gentle, which usually results to him losing his fights. Trains for nearly half a day, every day, but that doesn't seem to help. He's filled to the brim with positive emotions.
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

PM
Oooh, I just can't resist this thread. Here are three heavily-recurring NPCs who've been around for almost a year now.

What? They're fun to keep around as character foils.

Cyielra.
Absurdly Youthful Mother In appearance only.
Determined Widow
Iron Lady
Staff of Authority/Artifact of Doom Her staff has an unfortunate tendency towards both.
Inept Mage
Pride Before A Fall We never get to see what she did to deserve her fate, but it was probably something bad.

Artairis.
Sunny Sunflower Disposition Nothing ruins that guy's day for long.
Badass Longhair/Everyone Loves Blondes
Running Gag He dies almost every other week, and people have officially stopped being bothered by it.
The White Prince
Straight Gay/Secret Couple He and Elruimar.
Deadpan Snarker He has his moments.

Elruimar
Dark Is Not Evil
Hero of Another Story Most epic backstory EVER.
Mad Artist And an absurdly talented painter.
Death Glare He can't help it, but this is why people tend to avoid him.
Dark-skinned Redhead
Jerk with a Heart of Gold Not a jerk at all, but people tend to think of him as one.
The World's Expert on Getting Killed He knows an awful lot about the family's curse through personal experience.
PM
[Image: frabz-Marty-Some-how-we-have-been-transp...8df085.jpg]

Tandraelyn Viel'thaldonis
Light is Good Has she offered you a diasy yet?
Lady of War Argent Templar after all, fighting since the War of the Three Hammers
Royals Who Actually Do Something While not royalty, she is nobility, and she does...do things. Usually involving directing her business and smashing things with her warhammer.
Lady of Adventure She likes breaking abomination kneecaps.
Helmets are Hardly HeroicAside from a certain halo spell, Tandraelyn doesn't seem to wear helmets.
The Paladin Self explainatory.
With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility Tandraelyn continues her family business philanthropy with gusto.
Alchemy and Alchemy is Magic Tandraelyn tends to follow Hermetic and Theurgic principles. She seeks to ascend from the prima materia, spiritually.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • Aphetoros, Bingles
PM
Vedis Scorchblood:
Turns out he's not so stoic.
Did I mention how much pride he takes from his heritage?
Has a tendency to berate the common folk when insulted or disrespected.
He didn't take experiencing two wars and losing his wife too well.
While he doesn't like having parted ways with the Humans, his status as a noble compels him stay silent.
Loves the color pink. Do not question it.
He's a Blood Knight, whad'ya expect?
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

PM
GAAHHH! You people got me stuck on TV-Tropes again! Next time consider that I have an addiction and am not to be tempted.
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What tropes would describe your character? Noble 17 792 03-29-2013, 03:04 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin