Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Geoni
Yesterday 06:36 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 37045
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97256
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 40052
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31553
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25566

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Complaint About Being Denied.
Im just wondering...How you decide who stay and who goes when all applications are basically the same with a few differances in origin, how you started playing WoW, length, and articulation? To me it looks like the same person saying the same things over and over with differances in how full the intro is and that persons background.

Can you really impress someone by making a long exasperating article thats the same as everyone else with a few changes here and there O.o Its a befuddling myriad or personal interest and history that gives someone the right to be accepted into a community based system?

The "Few" people actually up to par who posted the exhausting paragraphs on there history and likes and dislikes, while those who work hard to keep things to the point and simple get booted?

Understanding the server doesn't want a large populace to keep the small community feel and blizzard off there backs, while its in the best interest of some its the 'whole' that must be thought of. Of the many who apply a few get in, and those who were 'already' 'pre-approved' now 'just' might not be allowed back in because there second application is denied?
Not the point when talking about a community, communities must exist of a multitude of people from different backgrounds and origin that bring some spice into the community. That more players will be needed than just a select few handful that probably rarely will be on at the same time more than once or twice a week.
Quote: Perhaps it be best a re-evaluation of who you toss and keep because there intro 'bored' you or didnt quiet catch the "Oh my gawd he so epix i must must must have" scenario, not everyone the same and a variety is better than some people who will get bored from the lack of players and start making more characters to fill the long hours where next to no one is online.

This is from a logical standpoint that I have deduced after many hours of ponderous thought. And as well it might actually hold some meaning and truth. Maybe not now but perhaps later...in the long-run

Of course I do understand you don't incompetent idiots spamming up the hacking and lagging of course...But when things get boring people will do anything for fun yeah?

Im sorry if this article offends, disturbs, or makes anyone in the slightest angry at me for posting my views on the matter Nor do I intend controversy to insult nor belittle the admins decisions as well. As well I'm sorry to those who will not open there minds to see things from my point of view as I have done. If you read all the way through I do in fact state a valid argument involving both sides...And criticism for my views are welcome as long as you treat it in a mature manner.

P.s /end rant and I always post in blue....if I can remember too :/
PM
I was actually discussing this with other people.
If the server is about RP there is really no point in the form of the application and the questions asked. It has nothing to do with showing your RP skills and seems to be about yourself/How you got into WoW/and the rules. Barely any of those have to do with RP.

From what I remember this is supposed to be a community, there seems to be a selection process now that prevents people that would be an excellent addition from getting in. I have no say in it but... In my opinion that is wrong.
Shankshank
PM
It actually has everything to do with it. Writing is, well, necessary to rp, and if you skimp out on the intro app, then you obviously aren't at the level we expect. The questions are the same as they have always been, only now we are being more strict and making it so you can't even get in game until we know you are actually an rper.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
PM
My question is... How can you know someone is an RPer? For instance, you could have someone post an app and get accepted only to grief. Perhaps an addition asking for some kind of RP post? I just get a bit worked up and I apologize if I seemed rude in my last post. But, I feel I must request again... Would it be possible to ask for some kind of IC post in the introduction?
Shankshank
PM
Aerundun Wrote:I was actually discussing this with other people.
If the server is about RP there is really no point in the form of the application and the questions asked. It has nothing to do with showing your RP skills and seems to be about yourself/How you got into WoW/and the rules. Barely any of those have to do with RP.

From what I remember this is supposed to be a community, there seems to be a selection process now that prevents people that would be an excellent addition from getting in. I have no say in it but... In my opinion that is wrong.

Roleplaying online is, at its core, an exercise in writing. If someone is not capable of sitting down and taking maybe fifteen minutes to write up a decent-looking presentation, can they really be expected to roleplay well?

Quote:My question is... How can you know someone is an RPer? For instance, you could have someone post an app and get accepted only to grief. Perhaps an addition asking for some kind of RP post? I just get a bit worked up and I apologize if I seemed rude in my last post. But, I feel I must request again... Would it be possible to ask for some kind of IC post in the introduction?

How many people are truly going to go through a lengthy approval process in order to get onto a private server just to grief it?

What would asking for an IC/RP post accomplish? There are already several questions in the question list that ask things relevant to RP, and can allow a resourceful player to have the opportunity to show off his or her better RP qualities, if not necessarily directly.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
In my own opinion, an IC post would give you farther insight into how they RP. Perhaps I am alone in the opinions I voiced, however, I still just feel that forcing an Introduction Approval before you get in is a bit much. I would like to state right now, this is NOT a personal attack to ANYONE. What is to prevent from biased actions?
Shankshank
PM
In light of recent situations when does the line between a resume and role play cross? How might we find out who role plays well and who doesent if you reject them before actually even seeing them in action...I was on the server maybe two days then it went down...So I've not really gotten a chance to
'properly' role play but you can deduct wether im good or not based upon how i came into rp, my origin, weather or not i read the rules, ect, ect.

How does writing out a long paragraph of run-on sentences and our background tell you we are good or not, how can you judge someone just by reading about them?
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
PM
The simple answer to this is already in the application, when asked if you've read the policies AND whether or not you will abide by them. This includes whether or not you agree with the application process - because it isn't going to change. If you do not agree...well then, you're probably going to find this server severely cramps your style and you'd be happier somewhere else.

It's their server, and their rules. As has been stated many a time, it's not a democracy. I wouldn't really argue about it; if you agree to the rules, post an intro. If not, then don't post one and seek another server.
Live your own life; you die your own death
PM
I will drop the subject as I feel I have over-stepped my boundaries and I do not wish to quarrel any further.
Shankshank
PM
Aerundun Wrote:What is to prevent from biased actions?

It is not up to just one GM to decide who stays or doesn't. When one of us feels an intro is inadequate we ask for the opinions of the others.

MyFinalSin Wrote:How does writing out a long paragraph of run-on sentences and our background tell you we are good or not, how can you judge someone just by reading about them?

Writing out a long paragraph of run-on sentences isn't what we are looking for. We look mostly for the quality of the writing, and as run-on sentences are a grammatical error we don't like them. People may make mistakes, but if they are consistent then it's obvious the person isn't taking it seriously.
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
PM
Respond to all parts of the 'article' please and not just nit pick. And I'm also sorry for dragging my own buissness into the previous post. The run-on sententance was also more of a metaphorical phrase.

I feel and other like me feel (For the sake of anonymity they will not be named in this thread or upon inquiry of myself so dont ask I'm not telling :/) The the new system is rather un-satisfactory. As mentioned in the statements before, I do in fact understand some reasoning but in general I dont see what good it will do in the long run. Rejecting a person on a 'resume' still wont allow you to know weather that person if good or not. Its like spotting peoples grammatical differances in character and out of character there is a rather noticeably difference for some and other...well they might be rich prats who talk like that regardless :/

I dont see a valid argument from the other parties side (Im trying to keep my mind open >_<) As to a response that properly...Identifies the statement and what it stands for to create a well defined logical response
As well applications should not be rejected because one gm doesen't like someone or one or two hero' by that I beleive they become biased and there positions as hero'/Staff might possibly need a evalution not to give a player a chance because of a grudge

Quote: Rant over, going back to sleep
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
PM
There are so many people on the internet. Out of those there will be many who are decent or better role-players. Yet still, this community is meant to be small. Not everyone will get on even if they are very good role-players. As stated by the GMs before they have nothing against the person, they just need to keep it a small community. If someone doesn't like small family communities, then they aren't right for the server.
PM
MyFinalSin Wrote:In light of recent situations when does the line between a resume and role play cross? How might we find out who role plays well and who doesent if you reject them before actually even seeing them in action...I was on the server maybe two days then it went down...So I've not really gotten a chance to
'properly' role play but you can deduct wether im good or not based upon how i came into rp, my origin, weather or not i read the rules, ect, ect.

How does writing out a long paragraph of run-on sentences and our background tell you we are good or not, how can you judge someone just by reading about them?

If we were only accepting roleplayers who could run the mile in under a certain amount of time, I'd understand where you're coming from. That's not what's happening. We are not asking for anything that doesn't require the basic skills of writing that a roleplayer should possess anyway.

Also, I couldn't care less how you or anyone else got into roleplaying or how you discovered Warcraft. What I do care about is how you present that information to me, and how seriously it looks like you took the questions.

Let's say someone only takes the time to give one-word answers (Yes. Google. No hobbies. etc. etc.) Let's say someone fills out the answers, but rather oddly declares that one of his hobbies is doing an illegal drug. I'd say there are pretty good reasons why we wouldn't want these two people on the server.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
I came to this topic expecting something else. :(
Anyway, I understand where both sides are coming from regarding this new system.
While I'm not taking anyone's side or talking about it beyond that, I will say that it is unlikely they will change from this setup, they see it as the method that will give them the community they so desire, and that there are other RP servers who do not have CotH's process and are more liberal in terms of acceptance than this. I don't know if I'm allowed to drop the name; IIRC I don't think it's against the rules, but Azshara is the place you may be better off at; especially you, MyFinalSin.

There aren't many RP private servers as-is, but this one shouldn't be too hard to find.
Remember that it's JUST RP in the end, and every private server has it different. Instead of staying here and trying to remove what's been set in stone, you can find a better place you can settle into.
˜★Sketch Blog
Aerundun Wrote:My question is... How can you know someone is an RPer? For instance, you could have someone post an app and get accepted only to grief. Perhaps an addition asking for some kind of RP post? I just get a bit worked up and I apologize if I seemed rude in my last post. But, I feel I must request again... Would it be possible to ask for some kind of IC post in the introduction?

Two things.

1) If someone even bothered to go through to waiting process just to grief on the server, they clearly have nothing to do with their boring lives. So they're proving nothing, only how sad they are.

2) Well, griefers are banned almost instantly, so it would be a waste of their time, and ours, to even bother doing so.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  complaint abut kretul Adam255 35 1,264 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Harmonic