Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Geoni
12-11-2017 06:36 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 37055
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97256
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 40056
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31556
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25568

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Complaint About Being Denied.
TwilightDisciple Wrote:I don't know if I'm allowed to drop the name; IIRC I don't think it's against the rules, but Azshara is the place you may be better off at; especially you, MyFinalSin.

Just to clarify, we don't care if you want to talk about other servers or anything like that (though threads about them should go in off-topic.) If people like it better elsewhere, that's fine, and we have no interest in being "at war" with another server or trying to pretend they don't exist.

If someone believes that we are too strict, then there have been, and likely still are, servers that are capable of suiting the needs of someone who doesn't like our rules.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
hawk Wrote:
Aerundun Wrote:My question is... How can you know someone is an RPer? For instance, you could have someone post an app and get accepted only to grief. Perhaps an addition asking for some kind of RP post? I just get a bit worked up and I apologize if I seemed rude in my last post. But, I feel I must request again... Would it be possible to ask for some kind of IC post in the introduction?

Two things.

1) If someone even bothered to go through to waiting process just to grief on the server, they clearly have nothing to do with their boring lives. So they're proving nothing, only how sad they are.

2) Well, grievers are banned almost instantly, so it would be a waste of their time, and ours, to even bother doing so.

You dont get bothered to go through the writing process; Its a must now so there is really no choice in the matter. And uhm...Most people on a private server will say they have a boring life its not nice to point it out :/

I dissagree with banning people for being sad that they spent time and a lot of thought into a app (Mind you I've seen short ones and...really long 'eye bleeding' long posts) saying your sad is an emotion and stating it in a friendly fashion should be acceptable...Unless they start f lamming threads and throw a hissy fit xD

But I wanted the purpose of this to see that this article leans towards geting rid of the new implemation of applications or rather 'resume' as they should be called. But of course my aim is for you to open your mind and see the possible errors as well as the few good things about it.

I've heard things about a flood of players comming on in summer and kinda ruining things...well...thats a bit idiotic since when its summer a magical thing happens called "Summer Break" Therefore new players of course are going to flock here :/ Resume's are no way to control the population you'll make a mistake eventually and let a idiot in, but you are real strict and ban people anyways
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
PM
TwilightDisciple Wrote:I came to this topic expecting something else. :(
Anyway, I understand where both sides are coming from regarding this new system.
While I'm not taking anyone's side or talking about it beyond that, I will say that it is unlikely they will change from this setup, they see it as the method that will give them the community they so desire, and that there are other RP servers who do not have CotH's process and are more liberal in terms of acceptance than this. I don't know if I'm allowed to drop the name; IIRC I don't think it's against the rules, but Azshara is the place you may be better off at; especially you, MyFinalSin.

There aren't many RP private servers as-is, but this one shouldn't be too hard to find.
Remember that it's JUST RP in the end, and every private server has it different. Instead of staying here and trying to remove what's been set in stone, you can find a better place you can settle into.

Nope, it is not against the rules to name-drop other servers. In fact, I'd like to thank TD for offering to be so helpful. Yes, we are aware that there are other RP servers out there of varying degrees of finickiness, and we're thrilled! More RP servers = More good. We can't cater to everyone's desires and needs, and so we're very happy that there are alternates out there, and that we are in turn an alternate to them. It's not a competition, just personal choice.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Please try to stay on topic >_<
We torture others to make ourselves feel good, does this mean monsters truly exist?
PM
I don't see how that is off-topic. We are not going to change the new system just because you do not like it and there are other servers that will cater to what you do like.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PM
Allow me to make myself clear, MyFinalSin.

We are not removing the system, especially since it is so early in the process.

Your attitude is not helping you in any way.

As stated in previous posts, we will not reconsider denied applications.

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
As to my two cents, I understand your reticence at the idea of having to apply to join RP, but really, every gaming group that has a good reputation and a large amount of players to draw from does this to some extent. It generally isn't in this specific and concrete a manner, but this isn't table top or a loose group of friends. Rather, this is a private place, someone's online home, and it's their rules, as it would be in your home. To take the table top parallel farther, we move to house rules, sometimes allowing the numbers without background on a character sheet. The house rules here just require a bit more out of character information and interaction before the RP starts up, you know?

Quote:We look mostly for the quality of the writing, and as run-on sentences are a grammatical error we don't like them.

As to run-on sentences, I use them somewhat prodigiously, to be honest. While, in a essay or research paper they are ostensibly verboten, in a creative document or project, it more depends on the voice of the person speaking or writing really. Sorry.. English major focusing on Creative Writing, so I'm a bit nitpicky about grammar rules. ^_^
PM
Alright my turn.

I must say I do not find the approval process that bad, I mean yeah people will not get on but then they really must not have cared enough to give their intro that extra push that it needed. I personally think it's fine and that it is better to just roll on with it.

As for the writing they are asking for it is a way for them to find out if we are the kind of people they want. There are people who would try and do a half*** job on it just because they think thy could get in and make some trouble. However with this writing "asignment" the GM's are able to find out our writing skills. If we are unable to write a persuasive but informative few lines then how can they even possibly expect us to be good Roleplayers? Roleplay is hard, remembering what you know ICly and what you know OOCly, also keeping in mind the people around you (ex. guards, rulers, etc.) If we are unwilling to give it our all with something as simple as giving a few facts about ourselves then why should they give us the chance to join up? Qaza recently replyed to one of my topics, she said something along the lines of this: "...we have given you the standards, you have time so use it well." I know those are not the exact words but it was the message. We have all we need to do well on this, you just need to decide if you are going to really try and give a grand show.

Well, that is my two cents. :)
PM
TwilightDisciple Wrote:I came to this topic expecting something else. :(

Indeed, this topic's title is very missleading. Well, since we're talking about a private server, we just have to stick to the rules if we wish to play here. As for Azshara, I once logged onto it, and logged out a few minutes later after noticing that in a total of 14 online characters, 11 were blood elves...
[Image: 4a2947c8468b82a63f633580cf52f4d5.jpg]
PM
Changed the topic name to be less confusing. It is now "Complaint About Being Denied", to reflect the actual subject of the original post.

~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Blackadder Wrote:11 were blood elves...
And I'm sure 6 of which were secretly dragons. LOL
˜★Sketch Blog
Well, I think I'ma have a whack at this topic too.

Okay let's use a nice, simple analogy for all you that aren't understanding the applications very well. Pretend CotH is like a fantasy job. What do you have to do to work at Coth? Send in a what? An application! :D And those that are higher in the company ranks who root through the applications sort for those who PRESENT theirs the best and would be most beneficial to the company (server). A lot of people would be denied the job because they do not fit the standards of the company's expectations, seeing as it would be a privilege to 'work' at the 'company' they of course would be somewhat picky about since there has been tons of 'employee' problems in the past.

Well hopefully that helped to clear some of the confusion...Or cause more of it. Q.Q
[Image: badge.jpg]
Huh, I guess I am what my main is. o.O
PM
I think my understanding is that the original poster was asking why the particular form of interview was chosen, as it was seen as not having to do with the actual 'job' of roleplaying. I'm in the view that a roleplayer's style doesn't really come into view until they get into the act of roleplaying. However since this is a private family server they're being reasonably stringent on how people present themselves in a out of character interview.

Writing, whether it is creative writing or not is a form of communication. If the communication becomes unclear via grammatical errors or otherwise it's a good indicator that a collective piece of writing (essentially roleplaying) including that person could be confusing or worse. Heck, communicating with other people face to face can be confusing in itself, it can be much more difficult to understand through text.

I figure that the administration has solid reasons for deciding to choose the path that they have chosen. Best thing for us visitors to do is to write the best introduction we can, and take a little breather from worrying. It's true that there are many other roleplaying servers that can be options for us. It's not the end of the world!
Lyre Sil'Induin - Soul Seamstress
PM
Lyre Wrote:I think my understanding is that the original poster was asking why the particular form of interview was chosen, as it was seen as not having to do with the actual 'job' of roleplaying. I'm in the view that a roleplayer's style doesn't really come into view until they get into the act of roleplaying. However since this is a private family server they're being reasonably stringent on how people present themselves in a out of character interview.

Writing, whether it is creative writing or not is a form of communication. If the communication becomes unclear via grammatical errors or otherwise it's a good indicator that a collective piece of writing (essentially roleplaying) including that person could be confusing or worse. Heck, communicating with other people face to face can be confusing in itself, it can be much more difficult to understand through text.

I figure that the administration has solid reasons for deciding to choose the path that they have chosen. Best thing for us visitors to do is to write the best introduction we can, and take a little breather from worrying. It's true that there are many other roleplaying servers that can be options for us. It's not the end of the world!

Someone who understands!!! :D:D:D
[Image: badge.jpg]
Huh, I guess I am what my main is. o.O
PM
TwilightDisciple Wrote:
Blackadder Wrote:11 were blood elves...
And I'm sure 6 of which were secretly dragons. LOL

No, I think they were actually vampires :?
[Image: 4a2947c8468b82a63f633580cf52f4d5.jpg]
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  complaint abut kretul Adam255 35 1,264 07-07-2012, 01:05 PM
Last Post: Harmonic