11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 430
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3002
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86046
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2576
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Crazy questions from highschool/college assignments
Figured this might be amusing.. or disturbing. It seems sometimes they really grasp at straws to make up scenarios for our course questions in these textbooks. Here was one I wanted to share from my auditing course.

Quote:For each of the following independent situations, indicate the type of financial statement audit report that you would issue and briefly explain your reasoning. Assume that each item is significant.

c. You are auditing Diverse Carbon, a manufacturer of nerve gas for the military, for the year ended September 30, 2009. On September 1 ,2009, one of the manufacturing plants caught fire, releasing nerve gas into the surrounding area. Two thousand people were killed and numerous others were paralyzed. The company’s legal counsel indicates that the company is liable and that the amount of liability can be reasonably estimated, but the company refuses to disclose this information in the financial statements.

Lovely.
My first ever psychology class, back when I was still an art major in my first year of college and before I switched majors: We covered basic parts of psychology, such as disorders, romance, and social trends. Then we had to apply how these theories are applied in the following movies, all watched in class:

Antz (social psychology)
The Good Son (antisocial personality disorder)
Fallling In Love (the Robert de Niro film) (on courtship)

my god, such horrible movie choices on psychological evaluation.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Jeeze, I had to watch Antz for a class as well. I mean, it's an alright movie but the humor got so dry and the ending was so underwhelming.

Sometimes college can get a little dumb.
(09-21-2011, 01:13 PM)Wuvvums Wrote: Sometimes college can get a little dumb.

That's why alcohol exsists.
PM
The question itself wasn't funny, but my response and grade were effing hilarious...

End of my first year in College, as a Psychology major. Social Psychology class:

"List eight problems, give how they are problems, and how exactly you would solve them, going through your everyday morning routine."

My response ended up starting with, "I wake up the morning, about seven A.M. I decide I'd better be fresh, and go down stairs. Here's my problem... Do I gotta have my bowl; get cereal," and then ended with, "My mother got absolutely terrified of this. Despite my persuasion, she would have none of my fighting and told me, 'You're moving with your aunty and uncle in Bel-Air!'"

I told the professor she wouldn't like mine. She read it and chased me into the hallway to tell me, "Never do this to anyone, ever again," essentially.

And I aced that final exam.
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
PM
... See, you can't bring up Antz without bringing up A Bug's Life.

And A Bug's Life was superior.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Xigo's post:
  • Mezrin, Djura
PM
I had a teacher (In a Public and Contemporary Issues class) give us the question, "Why?"
I simply answered "Why not?"
He was less than pleased.
PM
Esth...

That's so awesome.
I am reminded of these funny exam answers. I'm sure everyone here's seen them.

I really can't think of any weird questions that were asked.

However! I can think of my own weird answer.

In anthropology in my freshman year, it was something about hunter/gatherer tribes. I said something akin to the guy with the biggest spear winning.

My naive brain didn't understand what was so funny. :C
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
That first one made me giggle.

Also that's a cute little anecdote, Corzilla. Better than the ones I had.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sexy crazy dance party Jameston 4 282 07-30-2014, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  A couple questions about WoD! Gilvar 4 204 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  College in a Nutshell Vladdy 7 268 10-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Questions about days I could use? Zenethen 1 172 06-23-2012, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Crazy dance party!? Lendri 12 412 09-07-2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel