The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Dodecahedron's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I started playing WoW in mid-2007, just in the beginning of the BC expansion. I used to main a prot warrior then a shadow priest and now I play an arms warrior every once in a while I get the desire to play. I used to dabble a little bit with roleplay on retail WoW and in other games before that. I like lots of different kinds of music but my favorite artist is Aphex Twin. I also watch too many TV shows/movies and read hard sci-fi, my favorite book in the genre being either Ringworld or Rendezvous with Rama.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I'm from Saint Petersburg, Russia, but I moved to the US with my parents when I was 8.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I used to play Runescape and burned out on it eventually, picking up WoW a little later.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I just Googled "WoW Roleplay Servers" and did a little digging around, finding this one in particular.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Probably anything engaging all the characters involved and driven by some sort of story or arc.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Dwarves are probably the best race, even though I'm not any good at roleplaying them. There's just something admirable about the way they are reserved and stoic.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Based on what I've read about this server, my expectations are pretty high. This server is apparently known online for the quality of roleplay and the roleplayers.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
I liked seeing how much the difference between IC and OOC is stressed. In my own experiences, blurring the line between the two can cause unwarranted drama.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Nope, I think I have enough roleplaying experience and knowledge to give this a shot on my own.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

As I opened my eyes, the pain set on rapidly. Every movement was excruciating. Every time I tried to crawl in the snow I'd feel as if I was being flayed alive. I could see it in the distance, too - the burning husk of our former vessel. There was no screaming, not anymore and no trace of the responsible party either. I was doomed, and so was anyone who had the misfortune of not dying instantly from the impact or the flames consuming the ship. We were attacked off the coast of the icy wastes of Dragonblight, on a re-supply run for Wintergarde Keep. Who could have done this?, I thought. What could've decimated us and left without a trace? It mattered little, of course. I was to die here, I should have died here. Here, staring out into the endless ocean surrounded by jagged frosted peaks and a dawning aurora above me.

"Wake up, wake up, initiate." I felt a bony grip grasp my forearm and pull me up from a stone table. The prince has given you a new chance at life and service like so many others, pray we don't take our gift back."

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Nope, that would be it.
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Dodecahedron has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello Dodecahedron, and welcome to COTH!

If you haven’t already, please do make sure to double-check the rules and policies so you’re for sure familiar to the server’s expectations! If you have further questions, I recommend giving this guide a read, as it contains a lot of helpful information for players who are new to the server. Also, if you haven’t already, make sure to register your in-game account in the Account Management page using the same information you registered your forum name under. As for downloading the correct client and other things that you need to do in order to connect, I recommend giving this a read, as I found it very helpful myself when we made the switch to Cataclysm.

As for making your first character, there are a lot of helpful articles and guides for you to read up on in case you don’t fully understand the lore. The wiki also contains helpful tips for making a character and for when you’re writing your first profile, such as scale and height.

When you get your account created, make sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens in-game for if you have any questions not answered in the forums. Additionally, if you have skype and want to connect to the community there, we have an official skype group. For more information, read this thread. Feel free to send me a message if you need any assistance, and I’ll give if a reply as soon as I can! And if not me, any Overseer, GM, or Forum Helper.

Quote:Dwarves are probably the best race, even though I'm not any good at roleplaying them. There's just something admirable about the way they are reserved and stoic.

We have a few die-hard Dwarf enthusiasts on the forum that agree with you on that choice. I guess you could call them reserved and stoic? They can be quite the rambunctious bunch, although they do have a lot of reservations about certain things, which is one of the funny quirks of Dwarves.

Quote:I'm from Saint Petersburg, Russia
Quote:but my favorite artist is Aphex Twin
Quote:That Username

+3 cool points

Also I like your writing style, can't wait to see more from you.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay!

~Geo
[Image: anim_500.gif]