Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Maulbane
06-04-2021 10:16 PM
» Replies: 34
» Views: 88073
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Tales23
11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 620
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 4028
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3342
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3486

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Dragon Age: Origins Toolkit
Hey guys, so I know from my all powerful omniscient sources that a bunch of us have played through the Dragon Age game, but I was wondering if anyone else had also taken a leap into poking around with the toolkit that was recently released. I jumped into it myself and while it's rather complex the sheer power of what it can do is somewhat amazing.

Anyhow, discuss!
[Image: Signature.png]
PM
I've yet to even touch this game yet, but that should change shortly.

As of what I've seen of the toolkit? Phenominal! Bioware has a history of releasing community friendly software, but this I think, outdoes itself.

I would personally edit a character and make him 2 feet tall, and have him one man army a bunch of dragons, but that's just me.
PM
Well I post this because I was wondering if anyone else was messing around with it and might want to make a campaign or something of that nature for some fun. It'd be far too big a project to solo considering the toolset isn't the most user friendly thing in the world. I'm still working to wrap my head around all the functions, especialy with scripting. I hope in later revisions they make it far more user friendly.
PM
I'd love to help, but my skill with it wouldn't be impressive. If I ever get the toolkit, I'll give shoot you a PM.

But besides that, have you played around on the campaign yet?
PM
Yeah I beat the campaign already, it was pretty awesome. Overall I'd give the game a 9/10.

I played out all the origin stories as well just to check them out.
PM
I'm hoping to get this game for my birthday (This coming tuesday : D)

I shall devour it.

Not literally, of course.
PM
The best origins in my opinion were Dwarven Noble, or Elf/Human Mage.

Sadly I played through the Elven Commoner one. It was alright, but not as good as those two.
PM
Mm, I just wanna know what the game -is-. I've been pretty limited with my gaming knowledge as of late, but even the little blurbs you've mentioned Vrahn have me quite curious.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
It's Bioware's new RPG that just recently came out. Basically there are six starting stories that you can choose from and play through, and they each have a different impact on the rest of the story. Otherwise it's pretty standard RPG stuff, it was very well made, and with such a great toolset soon enough there should be a pile of player mods to make it even better.
PM
http://dragonage.bioware.com/

All the info you would really want on the game is there.
PM
I've decided to get this game. It makes me hunger like Neverwinter Nights did when it first came out.

However, it's going to kill my online time. My download speed is 2kbps.

Yes, you read that right. 2, count them, 2 kb per second.

Thus, it's likely to take me until...January. If I'm lucky.

So I may not be here as often while this goes on. x_x Stupid dialup.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
PM
I got it Two days ago, and found a glitch so I got a level 20, but yea installing the Toolkit. I'll join you in making something. I'm good with Terrain in map editors so I'd probally do that.
PM
I'm at 2.1% so far. x_x I may be able to join you guys in about 10 weeks.
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
PM
Quote:My download speed is 2kbps.

I died a little inside.

On a more serious note; I'd be interested in making a campaign/mod/thin for Dragon Age, first I'll need to find the Toolset and learn how to use it though, I don't even know what limitations there are.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
Currently there are no limitations at all for the Toolset, it can do virtually -everything-. Consiquently, it's complex. I don't understand all the parts of it yet by far, but it's definately interesting. Great to see at least one person is any good with creating terrain. :P

One word of warning, the Toolset has the potential to screw up your savegames. So I'd advise when you install it be very careful and don't play Dragon Age on your saves until you do the fix thingy.

Also, a new version without the aforementioned bug is going to pop up soon, so all is good. I've been cooking up a storyline in my mind, dealing mainly with a city/town in the mountains, blood magic, demonic possession, and intrigue. If we decide to really pull something together and get serious then it would be worth elaborating into more detail.

EDIT: Sir, I am afraid you need to go right now and invest in quality internet. XD
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon Cave Nymus 251 5,134 09-09-2013, 06:31 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Favorite Dragon Aspect FlyingSquirrel 23 4,045 07-20-2011, 03:02 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Dragon Age series Mathias 3 264 06-23-2011, 03:37 PM
Last Post: Uthaniel
  Activision won't let Spyro the Dragon die Roxas65 18 689 03-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Can't wait until Friday to play Dragon Age II? Roxas65 25 1,014 03-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: JackofBlades