08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2644
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85239
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2209
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Favourite character in the Elder Scrolls?
I'm not sure if you do these games like me, but I always end up making characters and roleplaying them in these games, giving not a single foop about making the ultimate character. (This is known to have happened in Diablo 2 as well, a game that doesn't really allow deviation from a good build...) And now since I'm working hard on the Elder Scrolls RPG I have expanded many of my own characters and also made loads more to serve as short-term-NPCs.

What I am curious about is if other people do the same? And which of those characters have been your favourites? Please share why that is and a little bit about the character. This can also be applied to NPCs encountered in the games... such as Lydia or Lucien LaChance. I might even share snippets about my own faves. *wink wink*

Consider this a little bit like a research/inspiration for continuation of character-spawning.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
I do, actually. I really don't know why, it just feels fitting to do it.

My character in Skyrim, for example, only really follow one school of combat, even though it's possible to learn all of them. And when I played Fable III, I unlocked everything for the sake of achievements, but I only ever used one school of combat.

So yes, I definitely do that.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
[Image: tumblr_m5fnqkEHFS1qdkehk.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Nymus's post:
  • Rini, Altaine, Ukarai
M'aiq the Liar.
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
PM
I used to play Fallout (With some light modding) to get a character named Kira, a farm girl from the west turned assassin extraordinaire. She wore tactical stealth gear and specialized in the use of a sniper rifle.

This character later moved on to a game of Skyrim, where she was an Imperial farm girl from just outside the Imperial City. Around the time she reached adulthood, she left her family behind, taking her father's bow with her. She made her way to the North, to Skyrim where she planned to cross the border... I'm sure you can see where this is going. Eventually, she joined the Thieves Guild of Riften, learning to utilize stealth and other tricks of the trade. This went on for several years until she got to the point she is at now, perhaps the most feared and respected (Cause it's my game, deal with it :P) assassin in the lands.
PM
(09-07-2013, 05:55 PM)Cerb57 Wrote: M'aiq the Liar.

This guy. I like the name...running into him randomly...the meta jokes.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Geoni's post:
  • Memnoch
PM
Did have a few I liked, but I could give a short description of one or two from some games.

Dunmer in Morrowind who collected the 36 Lessons of Vivec. Achieved CHIM and believed Vivec was challenging him via a certain passage in one of the books. Took the back door route to the main Morrowind quest.

Breton in Oblivion that really feared the Daedra. Not knowing how all-powerful the Daedra are, he tried to collect their artifacts so he could hide in his secret hidey-hole in the sewers. Then took them to the Shivering Isles and buried them there. Never left. Did not become Sheogorath.

Breton in Skyrim with an unhealthy romantic attraction to Meridia and her statue. Visited once a month to drop off vampire dust and other proofs of undead killing to prove his love. Joined the Dawnguard.

Dunmer in Skyrim that believed he was the reincarnation of Saint Jiub. Dragons were his Cliff Racers.
[-] The following 2 users Like Mathias's post:
  • Memnoch, CappnRob
PM
[Image: 655]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 4 users Like Xigo's post:
  • Rini, Altaine, Memnoch, ThePharaoh
PM
…The Argonian Maid looks so adorable.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
[-] The following 1 user Likes WindZealot's post:
  • WingedReaver
PM
I approve having read all the books in morrowind, which is still my favorite game of the series. Morroblivion is rather fun as well.

As for my favorite character in the series that I have ever made, it would have to be Rust. Whose personality has transcended into a few characters in games beyond it. He was a Nord with a mace and fire red hair. I wore heavy armor and lived my life for years as just a hunter of all things aggressive. I traveled Vardenfel killing anything that attacked me first and did a lot of odd jobs in cities. He had no magic and didn't approve of those that wasted time with such sorcerery. He instead put all his stock into his ability to mace people in the face until they stopped moving. Not the brightest person though. He was basically just your average under appreciated Nordic Barbarian.

He eventually became overpowered though and it wasn't as fun after I found a few really high end Reflect Damage and Reflect Spell armors during my tomb running.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
[-] The following 1 user Likes QuantumLegacy's post:
  • Memnoch
PM
@Nymus. "By Azura, by Azura, by Azura, its the Grand Champion!"
"Leave now, mortal! The likes of you are forbidden in this land. You, who are powerless, are not worthy to set foot here." - Cerberus
[-] The following 2 users Like Cerb57's post:
  • Memnoch, Nymus
PM
Sheogorath in the Shivering Isles. Funniest sunuvabitch in Oblivion.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MstrCorvus's post:
  • Memnoch
[Image: Septimus.png]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E2XDMLLK7E

But of course.
[-] The following 4 users Like Sorum's post:
  • Nymus, Sadron, Rini, Ukarai
PM
(09-07-2013, 05:56 PM)Morhana Wrote: This character later moved on to a game of Skyrim, where she was an Imperial farm girl from just outside the Imperial City.
Eventually, she joined the Thieves Guild of Riften, learning to utilize stealth and other tricks of the trade.
...the most feared and respected (Cause it's my game, deal with it :P) assassin in the lands.

I used to do the same a few years back, transfer characters between games and adapting them to entirely new settings. It actually stopped with CotH when I realized I personally enjoyed creating more, in depth and tailored characters for RP. If Karma was present in Skyrim, would her incarnation in both games have similar karma?

What did she think about the Thieves Guild? Did she become a devout Nightingale? And I assume she became a black sister too? From her point of view, which was her favourite member of the thieves?

Haha, it is indeed your game and this made me laugh. Something in Skyrim that always bothered me was the lack of recognition post-questlines. Having reached leadership and fame/infamy should be reflected more, especially in the council.

(09-07-2013, 08:02 PM)Mathias Wrote: Did have a few I liked, but I could give a short description of one or two from some games.
Dunmer in Morrowind who collected the 36 Lessons of Vivec...
Breton in Oblivion that really feared the Daedra. Then took them to the Shivering Isles...
Dunmer in Skyrim that believed he was the reincarnation of Saint Jiub...

WOOT?! I love them all, sounds like the more strange of my own characters. But I wonder if the dunmer from Morrowind survived the return of the Nerevarine, the Oblivion Crisis, the Red Year and the Accession War - what would he think of the Tribunal when they are revealed as false gods? Mainly considering the moment Vivec disappears from his own city and is never seen again.

Is that breton actually mad and consumed by paranoia or just really clever trying to hide under the nose of a daedric prince? The addition that he actually didn't do the main quest just make me love the concept even more. That's one of the reason I have finished so little of Skyrim, because my characters only do quests they would do.

I'd pay lots of septim to see that last dunmer end up in the Soul Carin and meet the original Jiub. What would they discuss? Could the original actually be convinced he, just as Nerevar, has a reincarnation?

(09-07-2013, 09:19 PM)QuantumLegacy Wrote: He was basically just your average under appreciated Nordic Barbarian.

Generally I like this kind of characters because they become rare. This is quite apparent on CotH and other roleplaying communities. Few choose the generic stereotype and therefore they become rare, almost unique. How much trouble did he get into for not knowing when to stop hitting people or things?

@Xigo - Really? You go for the argonian maid when there's Queen Barenziah?
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
Once I entered the middle of the map and got lost in the Red mountains I spent a few real days just pounding on things because they kept leading me all around the place or I'd see something in the hazy distance and be obligated to go off track and see what it was. He spent a lot of his game time pretty much doing meaningless chasing of cliffracers and guar.

Also I just watched that full video and laughed till I was crying. The other pranks are hilarious as well.
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Elder Scrolls MMO. Arricar 19 715 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Elder Scrolls Online Xigo 57 1,354 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Last Post: doombane
  Greedy Scrolls: Scroogerim! Ebenezer 50 1,012 01-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Ebenezer
  Funny and Favourite 'Catch Phrases' Carver 43 936 11-18-2010, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Hamsic