08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2650
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85255
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2218
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Favourite character in the Elder Scrolls?
I do a similar thing when playing Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. I write up my own personal storylines on how each situation went from my characters perspective. I so it in CotH too so I can better display my characters thoughts during an RP
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
@Bovel

She's not the important one in the image.

[Image: Crassius%20Curio.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Xigo's post:
  • CappnRob, Rigley
PM
My favorite character would be Serana, she was different and a very enjoyable character from all the others and made it as my permanent companion. But in general within Skyrim. I found none of the characters that interesting. Most of them were meaningless and bland to me. Skyrim feels like work sometimes and then I just decide to ignore the main quest, install mods and roleplay what I wanna roleplay within the confines of my mind.

My characters are usually male with the nickname Stone. Something that had stuck to most my characters in all RPG games. I usually go for brute force of direct combat. No stealth, magic, nothing. The only time I resorted to range is within fallout because guns. While Skyrim and other similar games, I pick the your generic two handed sword and go to adventure. I really do not have the patience to chase around stealthily or play with magic. I guess I'm just that kind of guy.

I prefer pommeling things with brute force and standing in the way of everything, durp.
I also seem to have an issue with being evil but I love destroying things. Doomed to be a paragon.
PM
(09-08-2013, 12:19 AM)Bovel Wrote: WOOT?! I love them all, sounds like the more strange of my own characters. But I wonder if the dunmer from Morrowind survived the return of the Nerevarine, the Oblivion Crisis, the Red Year and the Accession War - what would he think of the Tribunal when they are revealed as false gods? Mainly considering the moment Vivec disappears from his own city and is never seen again.

Is that breton actually mad and consumed by paranoia or just really clever trying to hide under the nose of a daedric prince? The addition that he actually didn't do the main quest just make me love the concept even more. That's one of the reason I have finished so little of Skyrim, because my characters only do quests they would do.

I'd pay lots of septim to see that last dunmer end up in the Soul Carin and meet the original Jiub. What would they discuss? Could the original actually be convinced he, just as Nerevar, has a reincarnation?
The Morrowind Dunmer was the Nerevarine, he just took the back route for the Main Quest, which involves
Spoiler:
Killing Vivec and using a Wraithguard that hurts you. Inspired by that one story from 4chan, I decided that the damaged Wraithguard turned him from a Dunmer to just a living suit of armor.

The Breton? Mad and just trying to hide under the nose of a Daedric Prince. He didn't survive long.

The Skyrim Dunmer did meet Jiub, because it was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. Since I was playing the Saint Jiub reincarnation as the Dragonborn, I went with the assumption that he was trying to find Saint Jiub's legendary weapon that can kill cliff racers and wanted to ask his former self where he left it because "Those Greybeards don't know a thing about cliff racers". I'm going with that he is successfully 'walking the path' to actually becoming Saint Jiub's reincarnation, just like how the Nerevarine was not Nerevar reincarnated until he 'walked the path' and picked up the ring.

Nobody loves the Meridia-obsessed Breton.
PM
I generally go with a generic type of character and twist it a little bit. Even my characters on CotH are that way, to a degree, but I like doing that, because it's much easier to roleplay, which means I can focus more on the RP, and less on "Would <character> say this? Would they do that?".

As far as Elder Scrolls characters...I generally make a hugely wide variety of people. Right now, my favourite is...
Spoiler:
Marcus Valius, an imperial who grew up on the streets of the Imperial City in Cyrodiil. He never had any money, and always thirsted for more, more, more, being that he never had any, really. This thirst became his basic defining attribute, because as he was growing up, he was seen as filth by most people. The people in the Imperial Army would have been especially bad about it, because in his mind, they should have been the ones who helped him the most. He always wished he could become more powerful so he could wreak havoc among those he deemed had wronged him.

Growing tired of the Imperial City, he saved up every last septim he could, and finally bought a crappy, dirt-cheap bow from A Fighting Chance when he was still a teenager. He practiced with this bow every day, and eventually left the City every now and again to go hunt, and after a few years, became quite efficient at it. He began to sell the hides to people, earning more gold this way than begging ever had, and always had enough food now to fill his belly. He still wanted more, though, believing that if he could get this far, he could go further.

One day, he was traveling among the northern reaches of Cyrodill, near Bruma, when he was attacked. By whom or what, he couldn't say, but it left him for dead a long ways more north from where he had been when the attacker struck. He actually woke up, and for a whole day, tended to his wounds, which where numerous, and concentrated near his throat (see where this is going?). He began to wander on the second day, trying to find his way back to town, but inadvertently stumbled over the border, and waltzed right into a party of Imperials from the army, who had just captured some rebels.

And thus did his life in Skyrim begin. He's a sneaky type, but doesn't bother with swords a lot, unless he has to, as he much prefers bows. Unless the heavy hint dropped in the above story wasn't good enough, he was attacked by a vampire (or vampires) and left near Skyrim's border, possibly because the creature didn't think he'd survive, or would be found. He is not, in any way, displeased with becoming a vampire, and is trying to make himself as powerful as possible through this route.

https://www.youtube.com/v/H-8kG-KzUEI?start=93&end=95

I've got some mods that make this playthrough much more interesting, including iHUD (which removes the UI when it's not needed, and I had it set to where it removes the crosshairs, so yeah, I'm shooting bows "freehand", and it's wayyy more satisfying), SkyRe (T3ndo's Skyrime Redone, a massive perk overhaul with modules to increase the deadly nature of combat, making it much more punishing), Deadly Dragons (self-explainitory), and Belua Sanguinare Revisited (A HUGE overhaul on vampires that makes them actually feel like vampire, not blood mages or gods. People can and do carry garlic, and you can't use many of your powers on these people; Shrines of the Nine blind and hurt you if you get too near; trespassing hurts you as if you were in the sunlight, which can kill you quite quickly if you're getting really powerful; and way, way more.).

That's the kind of thought I put into MY toons anyway. Also, two-hander/heavy armor barbarian nords ftw!!
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
PM
Pfft.

[Image: 67.jpg]

Dragon: GRRRRRRR --

Cyrus: What's this?
  • door locks
Dragon: A little privacy.
  • breathes fire
Dragon: A little candlelight.

Dragon: And the pleasantries begin. My name is Nafaalilargus.

Cyrus: So you're Richton's pet, then?

Dragon: You wound me. Richton's pet is that dark little thing with the poisoned splinters.

Dragon: I am Tiber Septim's proud soldier, loyal vassal, a jewel of the crown. It's not my fault I have to keep company with the governor.

Cyrus: You have something I need, dragon.

Dragon: I shan't lie to you, good stranger, my Imperial loyalty is indeed well paid for. We aren't very different, I would venture.

Dragon: You seem the mercenary sort, too. So you'll understand --

Dragon: -- if I do not readily agree to part with my latest reward.
  • lights brazier on fire
  • Cyrus unsheathes his cutlass
Cyrus: Maybe we can bargain for it.

Dragon: I so do love mortal fantasy. I'll play along: what will you give me for the soul of Prince A'tor?

Cyrus: I'll spell your name right on your tombstone.
  • dragon attacks

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Maulbane's post:
  • Memnoch
PM
[Image: Oblivion2010-02-2608-29-56-34.jpg]

This guy, right here.

Ruined-Tail is from the Oblivion storyline mod, Ruined-Tail's Tale, and it stuck with me as something special ever since I first played it. He was the first companion mod I downloaded, and the fact he had a unique storyline just entranced me. He had custom voice acting (at first anyway, future updates removed voice acting to save space), and would evolve based on how your character spoke with him. He could become your best friend, a romantic interest... it was extremely in depth.

Several years later, his whole mod got a re-do with an even more in depth storyline, totally re-written lines, and much more cinematic experiences as opposed to the original mod's time-based random discussions. He questioned your ethics, your morals, your fame and infamy, and it was all excellent.

I won't spoil the story for anyone here, because I highly suggest anyone who plays Oblivion to download this mod, because Ruined-Tail is hands down the best companion mod I've ever seen.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lwl7poPBS61qanss7o1_500.png]
PM
(09-08-2013, 01:24 PM)CappnRob Wrote: This guy, right here.

Several years later, his whole mod got a re-do with an even more in depth storyline, totally re-written lines, and much more cinematic experiences as opposed to the original mod's time-based random discussions.

It's redone?! Then I totally need to do a replay of Oblivion soon. Gotta see what happens to my thalmor scholar during the Crisis. I began the mod and was sad that it had no voice-acting and that put me off somewhat but the story and his reactions still entertained me greatly. I just wish there was a female variant because my argonian didn't swing that way.

(09-08-2013, 02:54 AM)MstrCorvus Wrote: I do a similar thing when playing Skyrim, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, etc. I write up my own personal storylines on how each situation went from my characters perspective.

Why don't you go ahead a share a story about one of the characters from Skyrim?

(09-08-2013, 05:46 AM)Xigo Wrote: She's not the important one in the image.

*facepalms* Of course! Maximum fail on my part there...

(09-08-2013, 06:07 AM)Mathias Wrote: Inspired by that one story from 4chan...

Nobody loves the Meridia-obsessed Breton.

What story...? Is it a meme? I mean.... 4Chan.

I just say I did! The characters taps into a concept, or rather a paradox in the Elder Scrolls that I like. An "evil god" that stands against "evil". But of course his connection to the Lady of Infinite Energies stretch much farther. What would you say about him making a cameo in my RPG?

Right now, the character that I'm most inspired towards is a female bosmer. She is born early in the fourth era just before the Thalmor rises to power. Her family are rebels and she is caught in the middle of a lot of bloodshed. Through stories she becomes convinced that Valenwood needs a wild hunt and she dedicates herself to uncovering the secrets of how to start one. During her search she finds love in a imperialized bosmer living at Gottlefont Priory, she becomes a werebear and sees Riften burn. While crossing the border between Skyrim and Cyrodiil she is apprehended by agents of the Emperor and is misstaken for being her own mother. And her story follows the same path as the Man in the Iron Mask.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
Aye, Ruined-Tail's tale was redone some time ago. Now instead of meeting him at the arena, you meet him at a custom inn near the west entrance of the Imperial City, with a little mini-storyline involving stuff being set on fire and what not. The loss of voice acting is a shame, but the re-written lines make up for it.

And just cuz you can't swing for Ruin doesn't mean you can't still be buddies :P
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(09-09-2013, 11:23 AM)Bovel Wrote: What story...? Is it a meme? I mean.... 4Chan.

I just say I did! The characters taps into a concept, or rather a paradox in the Elder Scrolls that I like. An "evil god" that stands against "evil". But of course his connection to the Lady of Infinite Energies stretch much farther. What would you say about him making a cameo in my RPG?

Not a meme, but a story about a Morrowind character. They took the backdoor route to the Main Quest like my Nerevarine/CHIM Dunmer, but the backdoor route Wraithguard will permanently take away your HP if you put it on, and you gotta put it on for the main quest. What the guy did was use a lot of fortify health enchantments on his armor to get around this. What this meant is that when he put on Wraithguard, his 'character' died, in a sense. He only lived because of the enchantments. Remove the armor, and he's dead.

Just a random appearance at a tavern or something? Go ahead. If you want him to do a little more (like talk about Meridia at one of her shrines or such), just throw me a message over Skype. I can give away most of his personality there.
PM

Always been partial to Cicero.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
(09-09-2013, 12:59 PM)CappnRob Wrote: And just cuz you can't swing for Ruin doesn't mean you can't still be buddies :P

Yes, of course. But I wan't to explore the entire mod and I'm unlikely to make a female argonina just to date Ruin.

(09-09-2013, 12:59 PM)Mathias Wrote: What this meant is that when he put on Wraithguard, his 'character' died, in a sense. He only lived because of the enchantments. Remove the armor, and he's dead.

Just a random appearance at a tavern or something?

Wow, that is an excellent usage of in-game mechanics for a story. Dang it! This inspires me to add something similar to my RPG...

And I was thinking less random, but not as extreme as the main quest. They have gotten into a bit of a run-in with undead I thought he could cameo in. As an advisor sort of.

(09-09-2013, 03:37 PM)Harmonic Wrote: Always been partial to Cicero.

He is whimsically insane! I wish he was tied to the insanity with the traitor from Oblivion though.

Apart from Misriel and Aedh, another character that gets a lot of my attention is a young breton boy the adventurers found outside Corinthe. There he was trying to be a highwayman with some friends and this ended in disaster, anything to survive. But he has always dreamt about the knights he heard existed in his races' homeland. And new he grows as a person while he is drawn between the good imperial scout and devotee of Stendarr, and the thieving and skull-bashing nord that wants to avoid the boy becoming a "milk-drinker".
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Elder Scrolls MMO. Arricar 19 715 10-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Elder Scrolls Online Xigo 57 1,354 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Last Post: doombane