The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Feedback fer da Cressy.
Okay! So..

I want real feedback, not that I do not enjoy the whole... 'ur awezum crsy, i luv u,' because I do...I just want something more constructive. :o

Jean, Selena and Widget I have been playing mostly. Yadda yadda yadda.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
It's quite hard to give constructive criticism to somebody who is a better RP'er than me.

So, I'll just say, keep going in the same direction you are. Nothing "bad" seems to be coming out of it.
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
Watching the bar brawl involving Jean yesterday was quite entertaining, and it was also done well.

But I ask, does she need to swear so much? Is that her basic characterization, or an unnecessary emphasis on the fact that she is 'rough around the edges', and hardly overcultured or aristocratic?
Judging from her bio, it tends more towards the latter.
Honestly, Jean is illiterate and has a small vocabulary. She uses the words she knows to emphasize things, so it isn't for the shock factor or because I want to emphasize her brutish behavior, it is actually because she just doesn't know how to present her feelings in any other way.
I like Jean as a character. She's very rough around the edges. I wish I could offer something more constructive but it's all been good so far :? Keep it up!
This may not be criticism, or may not even be constructive, but I'll tell you personally the strengths I have seen in the characters that I have RP'ed with personally (that are you) so far.

Zealaya: So far, I have seen her be pretty strong against the attitude from that troll that Targhen ended up punishing for being a bit.. You know, moronic. Not alot of experience with this character, but I like the persistant attitude and real-feeling personality that Zealaya has.

Jean: Roleplaying with you on Targhen and Ardrek, Jean has absolutely no flaws by my view. She's got a never-changing attitude, and she really has a personality you can believe could actually be real. I like how she is nice and cheering to people she knows and doesn't hate, but has an attitude that is very... Hmm, loss of words right now. XD Anyways, I don't think I could give any constructive criticism for any of those characters, since they are already practically perfect.

Cheers,
Kabluie
Honor isn't something to be meddled with...
[Image: samurai_honor_by_sabby_nub-d39eci5.jpg]
Updated: Jean, Brinah, Itotia and Zealaya.
I think good rp reads like a good story, and most stories have multiple characters. It was very interesting to see Selena go from the suave noble sitting at the grand opening of her tavern in Ratchet, to mentally deranged and involuntarily puking maggots. Same with Jean if was cool to see a solid character progress -realistically- through crazy shit. I mean that's why we're here right?

Your characters are very consistent which makes it easier to build story from. I remember a few times back in the day where my character would break character, your character's IC reaction would show that without missing a beat.

You should make a Death Knight or a Draenei or something.

Most of the negative, I could say about myself as well so it would be hypocritical.

dialogue pauses
general spam
attitude
-------

You know what you're doing. So there really isn't too much negative to say maybe just opinions. I think everyone here just wants to RP with someone who conveys a realistic character and you do that well.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
So here is my problem. I've tried RPing with people for the past few weeks to little or no activity. Now before I get spammed with, 'just engage yourself' or 'just RP with people', believe me, I have tried. I've tried getting in on the RP, starting up my own, asking people in the channels, and twice out of the pleas have I been able to.

What am I asking? Well, why do people not want to RP with me? I've made characters of many races and factions, and no matter what, I cannot get roleplay. Is there something about me, Cressy, that makes RPing with me difficult? Is it my style? My creativity(or lack thereof?)? It is beginning to make me want to be on the server less and less each time I try. Believe me, I have tried.

Sidenote: I know there has been a few (being two at most) where I have left RPs because of the obvious OOC dislike towards me. If this is the reason people do not wish to RP with me, I'd actually prefer to know. It is basically a waste of my time to try and RP with people who won't because they dislike me.

-Cressy
I once tried to answer one of those calls, but I was pretty much ignored. So that's the only criticism I can have.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
Cressy Wrote:So here is my problem. I've tried RPing with people for the past few weeks to little or no activity. Now before I get spammed with, 'just engage yourself' or 'just RP with people', believe me, I have tried. I've tried getting in on the RP, starting up my own, asking people in the channels, and twice out of the pleas have I been able to.

What am I asking? Well, why do people not want to RP with me? I've made characters of many races and factions, and no matter what, I cannot get roleplay. Is there something about me, Cressy, that makes RPing with me difficult? Is it my style? My creativity(or lack thereof?)? It is beginning to make me want to be on the server less and less each time I try. Believe me, I have tried.

Sidenote: I know there has been a few (being two at most) where I have left RPs because of the obvious OOC dislike towards me. If this is the reason people do not wish to RP with me, I'd actually prefer to know. It is basically a waste of my time to try and RP with people who won't because they dislike me.

-Cressy

Alright, I'll bite on the OOC dislike issue. I will honestly admit, from what I have seen of you I dislike you. Why isn't a discussion for here. However, I will not allow that to interfere with RP. I remember sitting in the Ratchet in with another character you wished to RP with. I won't name names. I was told Jean was going to hop by for some RP, and I was intrigued as the previous relationship Jean had with a character sounded like it'd provide some amusement. However, after (I think) filling a ticket you vanished and I was told that you decided that I would be bothered by your presence. You did not bother asking me if I would actually be bothered. I am not one of those people to let OOC dislike (And I OOCly dislike a number of people on here) interfere with RP. Hopefully, the next time you wish to RP with someone you know that is RPing with me, you will be more comfortable.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Never had an issue with you, I just never had a chance to rp with you. Only character of mine I could see getting along with Jean even remotely is August, but I'm seldom on him.

But I always assumed your boat parties on Selena were popular back in the day.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Personally, I am not really the kind of person who would reply to someone asking publicly if they wanted an RP unless I was actually searching hard which, frankly, doesn't happen too often to me anymore. If you were to ask me personally if you wanted an RP I would always be glad to (Unless, of course, I was in an RP or just want to sleep).
Well, since coming back...I figure I can throw my characters up.

Jean, Chaundre, Ophice and occasionally Zealaya. But yeah, cheers.
Cressy Wrote:So here is my problem. I've tried RPing with people for the past few weeks to little or no activity. Now before I get spammed with, 'just engage yourself' or 'just RP with people', believe me, I have tried. I've tried getting in on the RP, starting up my own, asking people in the channels, and twice out of the pleas have I been able to...

I knows its late to respond to this but anyway :- I've been through the same phase(?) where I couldn't get myself involved in any rp no matter how much I tried. Taking a break of some months helped remove the rather non-existent fatigue. Looks like you did the same.
I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong.
Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cappn Feedback 4: Feedback 4Ever CappnRob 1 4,611 08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Last Post: Zenethen