11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 425
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2985
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85994
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2557
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Gendvia (Blood Elf)
Player: SourPuddle

Character Full Name: Gendvia

Character In-Game Name: Gendvia

Nickname(s): Gen, Genny

Association(s): -

Race: Blood Elf

Class: Mage

Skills and Abilities:

Fire in the Hole!: Gendvia’s imbalance in magical knowledge leans towards the art of pyromancy. While she is very capable of high level fire spells she is lacking in terms of mid-ranged ice, lightning and other element-based spells. She may be able to do them but they are not as effective and are more work intensive in comparison to the average Mage of her skill.

Sex: Female

Hair: Black

Eyes: Bright Green

Weight: 100 lbs

Height: 5’9”

Usual Garments/Armor: Scraps, rags and worn-out clothing

Other:

Personality: Gendvia is an unstable individual, constantly on the move to renew her addiction to any source of power she can. She is not below any means to get her fix and will often go to lengths to sate her need. She is often racist to foreigners and rude to everyone (unless of course they have what she wants) and often changes moods and attitudes rather sharply given a circumstance. She is not entirely unpredictable; she could very easily be seen as some manipulative junkie who bends to the will of the powerful but it is no secret that she is intelligent in her own right, ruthless and determined.

History: Gendvia was one of two bastard children born twins on a murky, rainy day in Murder Row. Her mother, hardly able to support one child, gave Gendvia up to adoption. Leaving only a note with a first name, the orphanage took her in with reluctance. Through her infancy she had a wet nurse but never enough attention. But through the tough and the thick, she slowly made her way through scholastic learning; and like all orphans, grew a hefty archive of streetwise knowledge. She was unnaturally rife with vengeance, like she had something to prove. This sort of attitude is what got her into using magic; it all started with reading books from the library (mostly stealing them, of course). Her ‘innate propensity’ to learn about magic was ignored by her peers and role models alike. And once she got too old for adoption, she hit the street to make a name for herself like her colleagues.

In lots of youth, especially in the case of Murder Row, the young attempted to reach the stars, maybe marry into the clean life or get a job in a better part of town. Others, less noble, fell to drugs and decay; and the means to get this money often meant scary, dishonorable jobs. With this in mind, Gendvia spent her years growing into a young woman as a bunter of sorts, but was able to pillow talk her way into a position in a low-rate college for ‘aspiring’ mages. Always having difficulty juggling her street life with her school life, she was able to hold up her stance in both through a rough and undying determination.

Gendvia’s most difficult circumstance was how she was literally without a last name. With no family, even of miniscule value, she never found herself with very many meaningful relationships; and the ones she could’ve earned by herself were often derelict in the storms of poverty and deceit. It was all very complicated, especially since they were High elves (highly engaged, often dramatic social lives) and in the end never really mattered. The second war popped by and many of the degenerates were coerced into the ranks; Gendvia fought the war, finding practical experience for her training. She began to specialize in the field of pyromancy and for a while she out-practiced her peers in the art.

With the war over she was offered an opportunity to partake in the invasion of Dreanor; she followed along but after helping take out Blackrock she ceded back to Silvermoon. She brought some foreign substances which helped her financially float for a while. Years later, though, the Scourge attacked and the whole game changed. Other than the fact that everyone was in the state of emergency, fighting the undead and protecting the city, looting was rampant and ridiculous. The world was ending in a sense; everyone became unstable, and pretty soon, everyone literally became unstable.

With the Sunwell breached, everyone began scattering in light of magic withdrawal. Kael’thas offered a good deal, and Gendvia joined the group who traveled to Outland in search for a solution. After much work, she was able to score a position under a magister who resided in Rommath’s control. Once they found the ability to siphon from sources of fel magic, those magisters were sent back to Silvermoon and so was Gendvia. It wasn’t too long until the totalitarian attitude of the elite began to threaten her way of life; she split from her apprenticeship and joined another college to further her studies in pyromancy.

Her studies growing a bore, Gendvia began to study new methods of power consumption. Years have passed since the invasion and she began spending unnatural amounts of time siphoning fel energy. It wasn’t long until she started looking for other avenues of harnessing powers. With her studies complete, she began taking trips to the Outland in hopes of finding a new source to enhance her already growing addiction. This path led her to the world of Warlocks, where she eventually was introduced to much more concentrated versions of fel consumption.

It wasn’t long until she started taking trips (with others) to Outland for the sole reason of draining demonic blood. In a constant state of experimentation, using her body as a guinea pig, she has continued a life path leading to instability, insanity and beyond.
[Image: Calvin_and_Hobbes_hug_by_Humongous_E.png]
PM
[Image: KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS.jpg]

I kid. Welcome back!
[-] The following 5 users Like McKnighter's post:
  • muhaha8, Sourpuddle, Rowgen, Holynexus, Aethon
PM
Just to make it perfectly clear; is this just a warlock, or is it a felsworn? The key difference being that a felsworn consumes demonic blood, often as a reward for service to a powerful demon. I felt I had to ask, given the phrasing of the last paragraph.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM
Quote: It was all very complicated, especially since they were blood elves

Also, High Elves. They were only Blood Elves after they'd started nomming on Fel.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
(03-19-2013, 03:25 PM)flammos200 Wrote:

Also, High Elves. They were only Blood Elves after they'd started nomming on Fel.

Just a sleight of hand, thanks.

(03-19-2013, 10:06 AM)Rowgen Wrote: Just to make it perfectly clear; is this just a warlock, or is it a felsworn? The key difference being that a felsworn consumes demonic blood, often as a reward for service to a powerful demon. I felt I had to ask, given the phrasing of the last paragraph.

She's a Mage that consumes felblood, or smokes felweed or does a variety of other experiments to absorb it inter her body. She isn't a Felsworn because that would indicate an allegiance to the Burning Legion, but if you meant 'Felblood' than not really, because Felblood's gorged on much more potent (pitlord?) fel blood for an extended amount of time. She might be on her way to becoming a felblood but I would say that she's consuming much more inferior blood in much less quantity than the Felblood's who breathe it (for lack of better words) in Outland.

To make it clear, she's not aligned with Kael (EDIT: mind is still heavily entrenched in pre-WotLK. . .pretty sure Kael is dead by now, wow is like the Sunwell restored? How long have I been gone!) or any demon.
PM

Actually, Kael'thas renamed his people the Blood Elves soon after the destruction of Silvermoon, for the fel consumption didn't come until a few years later :P But, minor semantics all the same.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(03-19-2013, 03:51 PM)Sourpuddle Wrote:

Just a sleight of hand, thanks.

(03-19-2013, 10:06 AM)Rowgen Wrote: Just to make it perfectly clear; is this just a warlock, or is it a felsworn? The key difference being that a felsworn consumes demonic blood, often as a reward for service to a powerful demon. I felt I had to ask, given the phrasing of the last paragraph.

She's a Mage that consumes felblood, or smokes felweed or does a variety of other experiments to absorb it inter her body. She isn't a Felsworn because that would indicate an allegiance to the Burning Legion, but if you meant 'Felblood' than not really, because Felblood's gorged on much more potent (pitlord?) fel blood for an extended amount of time. She might be on her way to becoming a felblood but I would say that she's consuming much more inferior blood in much less quantity than the Felblood's who breathe it (for lack of better words) in Outland.

To make it clear, she's not aligned with Kael (EDIT: mind is still heavily entrenched in pre-WotLK. . .pretty sure Kael is dead by now, wow is like the Sunwell restored? How long have I been gone!) or any demon.

It boils down to this: Are there any permanent physical manifestations(I.E. changes to her body) or drastically changed skills/abilities due to Fel-consumption? If there are, then it's a Fel-sworn, regardless of allegiance. If not, then it isn't, unless it serves a member of the Burning Legion.

Also, the Sunwell -is- restored, and the Lich King is dead. We're done with everything during WOTLK and prior. Only Cata remains.

Quote:Actually, Kael'thas renamed his people the Blood Elves soon after the destruction of Silvermoon, for the fel consumption didn't come until a few years later But, minor semantics all the same.
Not years. Not by a long shot. Kael went on a search for a new source of magic pretty much immediately upon his return, having found his people ailing from a lack thereof. He found it with Illidan, during the events immediately following the Third War(in other words during Frozen Throne). Hence Rommath being sent back to Silvermoon to teach the newly-christened Blood Elves how to siphon Fel. But yeah, minor semantics.

That said, I've no problem with a mage occasionally draining some Fel to throw around a Felfire ball or two. It could use a mention of Skills/Abilities as to her aptitude for pyromancy, perhaps, but that's about it.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
PM
Sourpuddle Wrote:Class: Mage
Is it a Mage or a Warlock?>.>
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
PM
(03-21-2013, 04:13 AM)Aethon Wrote:
Sourpuddle Wrote:Class: Mage
Is it a Mage or a Warlock?>.>

Mage, there's nothing in the profile that indicates training in demonology nor curses and Warlocks don't have their fel-infused pyromantic powers because they drink fel blood. But I'm pretty sure she'd be associating among Warlocks and in not-in-game terms others might call her a Warlock by association, so there's an extent.

(03-21-2013, 03:18 AM)flammos200 Wrote: It boils down to this: Are there any permanent physical manifestations(I.E. changes to her body) or drastically changed skills/abilities due to Fel-consumption? If there are, then it's a Fel-sworn, regardless of allegiance. If not, then it isn't, unless it serves a member of the Burning Legion.

Also, the Sunwell -is- restored, and the Lich King is dead. We're done with everything during WOTLK and prior. Only Cata remains.

Nothing beyond 'glowing skin' and 'brighter eyes' both of which are not really necessary and are more ornamental (if you don't like it she doesn't have it). She doesn't have any wings or horns that I know of. That'd be pretty wicked sweet in the future, though, of course after much paperwork is done before-hand.

(03-21-2013, 03:18 AM)flammos200 Wrote: Hence Rommath being sent back to Silvermoon to teach the newly-christened Blood Elves how to siphon Fel.

You know, Gendvia was sent back to help teach those newly christened Blood Elves how to siphon Fel. Just want to, you know, add some relevance to the subject at hand!

(03-21-2013, 03:18 AM)flammos200 Wrote: That said, I've no problem with a mage occasionally draining some Fel to throw around a Felfire ball or two. It could use a mention of Skills/Abilities as to her aptitude for pyromancy, perhaps, but that's about it.

Alright, I'll add some flavor there and make sure it's balanced.
PM
Just as a note, we don't allow mutations without CMCs anymore. If you've made the changes you stated you would, then you can go ahead and make a post, and I'll look it over. If there's no issue then . . . Then there's an approval on its way.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM
You can drink demon blood without being a felsworn. You're felsworn once you swear yourself to the Legion in trade for something, get demon blood for power, and work for the Legion.

Mages use arcane to fuel their magics and warlocks use fel. Their spellbooks are also quite different. Plus I've got a fel addicted and fel mongering Mage and a felblood selling nonsworn.

Me an my former FH self thinks this profile's nifty.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
As long as she uses arcane to power her spells and not the fel, limiting her fel use to stating addictions, I think this profile checks out! I'll initial it.

Initial approval!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Quote: limiting her fel use to sating addictions,

This. We aren't allowing any mutations for anyone that's not profiled as a felsworn, no matter how minor. Therefore these

Quote:'glowing skin' and 'brighter eyes'

Are going to have to go, unfortunately!

Quote:You can drink demon blood without being a felsworn. You're felsworn once you swear yourself to the Legion in trade for something, get demon blood for power, and work for the Legion.
You can drink demon blood without being felsworn, yes, but once any mutations show up, the line is crossed. You can be profiled as a 'felsworn' without actually being Legion-loyal, weird as it sounds.

I can't actually find the references in the profile to the aforementioned mutations, but there hasn't been a post from the OP since that ruling was made here, so if you'd just like to make a post of acknowledgement here, Sourpuddle, we'll be all set for an approval.
PM
Radiating skin and brighter eyes are out, which is fine because it was just ornamental.

(03-27-2013, 05:52 AM)JVNemesis Wrote: I can't actually find the references in the profile to the aforementioned mutations, but there hasn't been a post from the OP since that ruling was made here, so if you'd just like to make a post of acknowledgement here, Sourpuddle, we'll be all set for an approval.

Alright, cool.
PM
Approved!
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Kaeleth Emeircenth - Blood Elf Blood Mage - Noble] Lux 15 388 01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Ashilynn Senn'raethi [Blood Elf Blood Mage; Noble] Scout 3 311 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Faedea Bloodscry [Blood Elf Blood Mage] Krilari 8 198 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM
  Sain Arclight [Blood Elf - Blood mage, Magister, Diplomat] Sorum 6 253 10-26-2014, 01:06 PM
  Validar Dawnstrider (Blood Elf Blood Mage) Whorak 9 271 08-28-2013, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Rini