11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 605
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3880
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87733
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3241
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3478

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Guys, Gals, Caed Needs HELP
Okay, for those of you who don't know me, I am Caed, our resident obsessive compulsive Ageless Faceless Gender Neutral Culturally Ambiguous Adventure Person (AFGNCAAP) believed to be a Clownfish.

I'm an XBOX.

My Significant Other's parents are absolutely insane. I have been fired from several jobs because of things that happen to them which I repeatedly bail them out of. Now, I love my SO, but I hate their parents because I again have shafted myself out of another job because I don't feel like dealing with them.

Now, recently there was a proposal. We have to prepare. My SO's parents didn't pay the bill for their car and it got towed, my SO cannot pay for gas for my vehicle as well as tuition. I understand this.

But my SO's parents are a pain in the ass. I was planning on helping my friend who agreed to jump me ahead of the queue at her shop in exchange for me helping her move.

I had to cancel because my SO's mother would have had a b***h fit if I didn't take her to get her nails done like she does every Saturday.

Help me... please.
Alakintra Blood Knight
Caediath Ebon Blade, Third War Survivor
PM
Okay, Caed. I am going to say this from my experience and my sister's experience.

When you are with your significant other, you are with their parents. No matter how much you hope it will get better, it really won't.

I have been with my hubby for five years now, and I have had to deal with his mother constant hate for me because I am..A) Asian, B) Five years younger than him and C) Agnostic. Not only this, but she has decided to run our lives through my son.

My sister's case is more like your's. She was married to a man for six years, and during that time the mother would force her to do things like your's does, causing her to lose her job. It got to the point that she couldn't stand it anymore and they divorced.

All in all, it won't stop, most likely it will get worse.

Unless you tell her to eff off.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
I'd move, somewhere were you would have a good reason why you can't go to X place to do Y thing. They can still call and send hate mail but that can be ignored.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
I'll have to agree with Cressy here. Honestly, if you're having to deny jobs you have EVERY right to speak that way to her. She obviously doesn't care about your feelings, so why should you do anything polite for her? Stop doing things for her and when she complains, tell her off.
PM
I'm so not getting married.

And on that bombshell, we say goodnight!

((TOP GEAR REFERENCE. <3))
Who is evil, who is blind?
In the name of who you'll find
You're not supposed to question faith
But how do you accept this fate?
PM
Mate. You have to be firm. If you don't want to do something, tell them a simple no. If they ask why, tell them you want some time to yourself. If they complain, tell them to f off. You gave them two chances. Your SO should understand since they've lived with them before. The key thing is being firm.
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I miss you guys! Lunaxy 14 339 07-03-2013, 07:48 AM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Rensin's Indy Game Guide, How to Love the Little Guys Harmonic 16 746 03-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Because you guys deserve it. FlyingSquirrel 31 1,080 05-28-2011, 07:00 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  *sigh* C'mon Guys... Ghardiak 6 305 08-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Last Post: Cressy
  Hi Guys maybe you can help ") 3 189 07-04-2010, 08:50 PM
Last Post: simianthief