08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 361
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2666
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85298
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2241
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3399

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Harun Sunsong (Blood Elf Spellbreaker)
Why are so many of my BEs specials holy crap.

Player: CappnRob

Character Full Name: Harun Sunsong

Character In-Game Name: Harun

Nickname(s): Redwall, Scarlet Shield, Rose Knight

Association(s): The Spellbreakers, Silvermoon Guard, House Sunsong

Race: Blood Elf

Class: [[Warrior|Spell Breaker]]

Skills and Abilities: Harun is a Spell Breaker, a soldier skilled at battling magic. As such, his abilities slightly differ from the typical protection warrior:

Control Magic: Harun can alter the flows of magic to grant him a variety of benefits, such as redirecting harmful spells onto his enemies, stealing helpful spells for himself, or even taking control over magic spells that bind summoned creatures such as Elementals for a short period of time.

Spell Resistence: Harun's armor and shield are enchanted to resist the effects of harmful magic.

Feedback Glaive: Harun's weapon combusts the mana of spellcasters when they strike for extra damage.

Sex: Male

Hair: Medium length and black.

Eyes: Fel Green

Scale: 1.07

Appearance: Harun is the pinnacle of physical health and physique. He is tall and slightly dark skinned with a handsomely strong face and a well-built body of muscle. He dresses in fine red and black silk vests and leather boots, always looking his best to impress even when not in armor.

Other: Harun's distinguished deeds of valor in defense of Quel'thalas has granted him the rank of Captain among the Silvermoon army; however he was retired from active service for a more homely job in the city guard.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Harun is a man's man: strong and boisterous; a lover of wine, women and song. He's as boastful as he is jovial, always open for a good dare or challenge to take upon himself. He's the life of the party, the man others envy and women desire... or so he thinks and acts, anyway. He is prone to arrogance and impudence as well, possessing a violent temper against those who transgress against him and showing little sympathy. Beyond his showy antics and arrogant displays though Harun is a loyal friend and protector of the people who serves them with pride. He will stick up for those who are taken advantage of in Silvermoon's streets and protect the Sin'dorei from their enemies.

History: Harun was born the second son of Aryeon and Lynda Sunsong. Despite being raised the child of a high priest and a Farstrider, Harun was not raised with exceptional fortune or privilege. His youth was a simple, humble one in the forests of Eversong where he was free to mingle and play with other children as he liked, so long as he behaved.

He was... mostly behaved. As a child Harun was fond of tall tales and feats of fancy, taking on dares to climb trees and what have you. As he came into adulthood these childish delights were abandoned in favor of more mature ventures such as womanizing and partying. Such irresponsible thrill seeking was evocative of his father's own youth, which brought concern to both Aryeon and Lynda. Feeling a strict course of action was needed to prevent the young man from falling into the Sunsong's long-lost habits, he was enlisted in the Silvermoon guard much to his frustration.

This proved beneficial for Harun, though. In the military, he found an outlet to express himself. Redirecting his physical abilities to protecting the people of elven society and making use of his family's naturally strong affinity for the arcane, Harun was trained as one of the spell-breakers, elite foot soldiers who were especially adept at policing the rogue use of magic. He proved to be a popular fellow among his peers, as the disciplines of the military refined his boisterous persona into a charismatic leader who wasn't afraid to get mixed up in trouble to help people.

As the years went by, Harun stayed a stalwart protector of elven society. A bona fide warrior, he used his skills and training in the capture of rogue magicians and the slaying of savage troll mystics. His fame and rank rose with his feats of bravery, until he was a captain in the Silvermoon army. When the Second War rolled around and the Horde set fire to Eversong's forests, Harun was among the most eager to work with the Alliance armies to avenge his homeland. After the war ended, Harun took back to protecting the populace from rogue forest troll attacks.

When the Third War occurred, Harun was less prepared. The Scourge were unlike any foe he ever faced before, and though he became quite adept at hunting necromancers, Quel'thalas fell to the undead. As magic withdrawal kicked in, he became even more ruthless in his hunts as he siphoned the arcane from rogue spellcasters dry to satiate his needs. He did not follow the prince into Outland, though. Harun felt his duty was at home, where he dealt with routine raids from the Scourge and the Wretched. He resigned from the active military to perform as a domestic guard instead.

In the years following, Harun has kept to his homeland to protect it from dangers. He still proved a charismatic and outgoing individual, though the constant tragedies that have effected his homeland has jaded him somewhat, hiding it behind a strong face and a crooked grin. The departure from the Alliance hurt him some, though he was never terribly friendly with humans or dwarfs. However, the alliance with the Horde has pressured him to remain in Quel'thalas primarily, wanting nothing to do with orcs and especially nothing to do with the trolls. They're savages and brutes, and whenever one finds them self in Silvermoon he makes a known effort to keep a close watch over them.

With the recent revitalization of his father's noble house, Harun is finding himself a new world of opportunity after the Cataclysm threatened to destroy everything. Though he's unsure if he's capable or wanting of the responsibilities of a nobleman, he's fully willing to support his family cause and, placing trust in his father's wisdom for the future of the Sin'dorei.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Heyo, Rob.

Quote: Control Magic: Harun can temporarily take control of magic constructs for himself, such as water elementals.

Elementals aren't constructs, though, so this isn't going to quite work. I'm fine with him influencing/interfering with things sikilar to Silvermoon's arcane constructs, though, as long as the effect is short and difficult to maintain.

Other than that, all I'd really like to see is an expansion on the personality; it's a little barebones, at the moment. I'm sure you know the drill and all but, for example, you say he was very eager to join the Alliance during the Second War and avenge his homeland. What's he think about the Belves being Horde-aligned now? The usual shebang.
PM
but thats what the spell does in warcraft three waaaah i blame blizzard for being vague on that though

I'll need to stew on this to come to a good compromise; maybe just combine it and Spellsteal into one generic purpose "screw with people's magic" ability, idk. At any rate, yes, the effect is only temporary. Perhaps it is just the wording that needs work, as Control Magic applies to thing such as summon totems/wards and other magic guardians/summons.

As for the personality, I'll get right on expanding that!
Righto, post again when you've got something picked out. The generic "screw with people's magic" doesn't sound bad, though.

Yeah, I was picturing Control Magic going "you are miiiiiine," and just stealing a giant Silvermoon guardian with your brain and no visible effort. Just clarifying. :P
PM
To be fair, he -IS- a guard captain; he could just boss the Guaridan around to arrest criminal scum if he wanted :D not that I would do that
That's something that should be more clear/in the title, as a future note. I missed it the first time around, heh. Perhaps even just toss up "Captain of" in the assocations bit with the Silvermoon Guard. Just so it's readily visible!

And I hope you know that isn't what I meant, in regards to the commanding the guardian bit. I wasn't aiming at the authority bit, but moreso at the subversion of a pretty big/powerful construct easily. Just so we're clear!
PM
Being a guard captain honestly might be a little much, considering that would mean he has authority over other guards. Players being guards I'm fine with. Players being a higher rank than the guards I am not very alright with.
PM
Honestly, the rank was a bit of a throw-in because I figured if the character needs a Special Profile to even role play the class, I may as well try to get the most out of it, so I don't mind removing it.

That said, I was under the impression we could special profile for ranks over "sergeant"? Thoradin has a Colonel, and Dalikan is a Commander respectively.
We can, but military ranks carry a different sort of weight than a guard commander. You're right, though, we can apply for them.

I think you should remove the rank, though, if you're only doing it just because you're here already.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JVNemesis's post:
  • Reigen
PM
I'll weigh my options when I get to editing the profile! (Been slow to do so because life's been buuuuusy :C)
Make a new post here when you're done!
PM
It's been a couple weeks, any update on this, @CappnRob?
PM
Sorry, my mind's been elsewhere lately. I'll drop a buzz when I get back to this.
Fiiiiinally updated!

Expanded his personality, fixed up his control magic ability and combined it with spellsteal, and expanded his history relating to joining the Horde!

SORRY I WAS SO SLOW :C
Did you think about the guard captain bit? It's still mentioned under the history as his actions in war granting him military captaincy, which is fine, but then you say under Other that his deeds warranted a position as a guard captain, which is a completely different field than the military. You don't become a sheriff automatically because you were a good sergeant in a war, y'know? It doesn't quite work like that.

Any thoughts?
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Kaeleth Emeircenth - Blood Elf Blood Mage - Noble] Lux 15 387 01-15-2015, 12:51 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Ashilynn Senn'raethi [Blood Elf Blood Mage; Noble] Scout 3 310 12-11-2014, 05:28 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Faedea Bloodscry [Blood Elf Blood Mage] Krilari 8 197 12-02-2014, 05:17 PM
  Sain Arclight [Blood Elf - Blood mage, Magister, Diplomat] Sorum 6 253 10-26-2014, 01:06 PM
  Faelara Sunsong (Blood Elf Noble) [Rewrite/ update] Erynn 5 149 11-13-2013, 11:56 AM