The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hello!
Hi.

So I've done my introduction, and I have a few more questions after looking around. I decided to post here in general, rather than tacking it onto my Introduction post.

1) Resurrection
How exactly does this work? I saw one place that says if you die more than twice, it's game over. But what exactly counts towards this?

Does it simply mean that if you die more then twice during an RP situation, you can't be resurrected, or does it count anywhere in the game? I mean like, if I'm by myself, traveling and doing some quests, if I die, does it count towards that limit? Or can I release like normal, and run back to my body?

I couldn't really find anything regarding this, and it concerned me. I'm all for dying in RP and not coming back, that's good for RP, but to die from mechanics or a misstep when you are alone, and then have no hope to come back, that just seems harsh to me.

2) I've heard talk about rolling, but wasn't sure exactly what was meant. I know back in old school pen and paper you rolled a die to determine stuff, but was wondering if that's how stuff was done here, and if so, how do you determine what a DC for your action should be. I'm not ashamed to admit that this part feels like it'd be over my head. I just don't know enough about things to be able to give out a viable DC for something to be fair, and it worries me.

3) I saw one thread talking about Prestige Titles. It looks almost like prestige classes, and some of the requirements had stuff like you had to have levels in a class to get the title. It seems a lot like multiclassing, and I was just curious as to how all that works.

4) So I've got my introduction post. Do I have to wait for it to be approved before I'm allowed to create a server account?
Mistress Sylea Moonwhisper - Human - Azeroth Trade Syndicate
Baroness Ariannah Timaeus - Human - The Scourgebane Trinitus
Valishna- Draenei - Unaffiliated
Quote:1) Resurrection
How exactly does this work? I saw one place that says if you die more than twice, it's game over. But what exactly counts towards this?

Does it simply mean that if you die more then twice during an RP situation, you can't be resurrected, or does it count anywhere in the game? I mean like, if I'm by myself, traveling and doing some quests, if I die, does it count towards that limit? Or can I release like normal, and run back to my body?

I couldn't really find anything regarding this, and it concerned me. I'm all for dying in RP and not coming back, that's good for RP, but to die from mechanics or a misstep when you are alone, and then have no hope to come back, that just seems harsh to me.

That's completely based on RP. If you die in character (EG: While fighting another group of players during RP), then you were limited to two deaths. This rule was changed a while ago, and now as long as it's not ridiculous, you can be resurrected more than twice.

Quote:2) I've heard talk about rolling, but wasn't sure exactly what was meant. I know back in old school pen and paper you rolled a die to determine stuff, but was wondering if that's how stuff was done here, and if so, how do you determine what a DC for your action should be. I'm not ashamed to admit that this part feels like it'd be over my head. I just don't know enough about things to be able to give out a viable DC for something to be fair, and it worries me.

Rolling means to fight using the /roll command.

Like:

Bob rushes forward, swinging his sword at an angle towards Jane's leg.
[Bob] /roll
[Jane] /roll

Then each will generate a number, at a default of 1-100. The number that appears is their "roll". The Equivalent of rolling dice.

If Jane rolls higher, Bob's swing didn't hit, and was blocked or parried or just missed.
If Bob's roll comes out higher, the swing hits, and depending on the way the battle is being handled, Jane might lose a point of health.

Quote:3) I saw one thread talking about Prestige Titles. It looks almost like prestige classes, and some of the requirements had stuff like you had to have levels in a class to get the title. It seems a lot like multiclassing, and I was just curious as to how all that works.

A Prestige title is a prestige class, more or less. I'm not really the best one to explain that.

Quote:4) So I've got my introduction post. Do I have to wait for it to be approved before I'm allowed to create a server account?

No, they changed the system a while ago. You can make your account now.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Quote:1) Resurrection

Acually, that has been removed. You must now make Rezz-posts. The GM's here reserve the right to approve/deny the ressurection, based on the death, and the ressurection. Try not to act too cocky just because you get ressed, it might lead to perma-death.

For more information, look at the Ressurection Thread and the More Ressurection - Server News

Quote:2) I've heard talk about rolling, but wasn't sure exactly what was meant. I know back in old school pen and paper you rolled a die to determine stuff, but was wondering if that's how stuff was done here, and if so, how do you determine what a DC for your action should be. I'm not ashamed to admit that this part feels like it'd be over my head. I just don't know enough about things to be able to give out a viable DC for something to be fair, and it worries me.

It's rather hard to explain, kindof. Take a look at the Rolling Guide for in-depth information.

Quote:3) I saw one thread talking about Prestige Titles. It looks almost like prestige classes, and some of the requirements had stuff like you had to have levels in a class to get the title. It seems a lot like multiclassing, and I was just curious as to how all that works.

You don't have to worry about that yet, it's a Grunt and above thing. But basically. You do some writing to become a Prestige Class. You must have the right motives and whatnot for it though.

Quote:4) So I've got my introduction post. Do I have to wait for it to be approved before I'm allowed to create a server account?

Absolutely not, feel free to make your game account now. Just make sure that all the information matches with your forum-account. To avoid problems. Get the right realmlist, and the right patch. 3.2.0 or 3.2.0a will work fine.

Hope that helps! As before, feel free to PM me personally with anymore questions.

If not, take a look at THIS guide. It is one of the most helpful ones out there.

Enjoy!
So wait...

Spirit Healers are removed?
I'm a bit confused by your answers.

The death and resurrection posts only applies to In-Character deaths? Or does it apply to a death that's just from other reasons, ie a marauding imp in Teldrassil.
An OOC or Out-of-character death is not an IC death. Therefor, it isn't IC. Just ress at a healer, or your body. NPC's can't kill you fully unless IC.
garrett Wrote:So wait...

Spirit Healers are removed?
I'm a bit confused by your answers.

The death and resurrection posts only applies to In-Character deaths? Or does it apply to a death that's just from other reasons, ie a marauding imp in Teldrassil.

Spirit Healers are still there. If you're killed by, say, a random mob, or a fall-death that wasn't roleplaying, then that's perfectly fine and you just rezz like normal. Same applies if you're questing or farming.

If you're roleplaying, and someone kills you who is also roleplaying at the time, that's character death, and requires a resurrection post.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Ok, guys. Thanks for your help. I've got a couple new questions now.

1) Guilds
Can guilds be cross faction? Meaning can I have Horde or Alliance characters belonging to a guild?

2) Reputation
How far can we go on reputation gains?
Is it restricted to the standard setup, where Alliance characters will always be hated by Horde NPCs, or is there a gray area you can achieve?

3) Accounts
Can I have a second account with which to play characters? Do I need to ask the staff for this and get their permission? I don't want to be seen as greedy, just more that I love playing different characters, and sometimes it may come about that I retire a character for a brief period, to start using another, but I don't wanna lose the character. Even at this, I doubt I'd ever go over two accounts, but I just like to play a variety of classes and races.

This final question is partially about my first character, and the guild I plan to use with her.

I've been away for about 5 months, so I'm lacking in the mechanics and whatnot. So I want a character that doesn't really have any earth-shattering goals at the start. I want something really simple and somewhat neutral in terms of alliance and hatreds.

I've been going over it in my mind, and a merchant organization seems like the best use of this. Nothing fancy, just some merchants joining together to make their goods available on a more official basis. Some will go on the AH, others will be listed at a price with flyers. Some of my questions here were about this setup, to see how far I could go with things in planning.

The rough goal is this:
A trading group, led by my character and possibly an alternate or two at first. When I get to know others well enough that I can trust them, I'll expand the business. Professions will be there for artisans to sell their crafts, as well as gathering materials to sell. All for a profit, of course. But I want to be neutral to Alliance and Horde, so that I can more better RP a neutral merchant, without the base prejudice of race or faction. Basically I'll sell to anyone as long as they can pay.

Naturally it's a simple plan. But it provides a rather stable base for me to branch out, once I'm in the swing of things, so to speak. I could ultimately alter the guild to be more like a mafia group, with extortion, black market goods, all that good stuff. Or instead of an "evil" route, I was thinking it could also be more of a "good" organization, with spying on various factions, to make things better for all, head off wars, etc. In a neutral aspect, it could stick with merchant roles, buying and selling items.

Any tips on the idea would be welcome, of course.
Just bumping this a little, since it's been 24 hours and I didn't get an answer to my previous post.

I also had another question or so.

How many people on the server use Gryphonheart Items or Reputation?

In pondering a guild, I was thinking the Items part could be rather nice for having items to spread amongst the guild for various purposes. And the reputations thing would be great to have other members and their status with the guild.
GHI and GHR are fairly well-used on this server. It's a good idea to get them.

As for the rest of your questions, you could find the answers by checking out the wiki, but hey. Guilds can be cross-faction, as can grouping and chatter; reputation is still the same as it was by retail game mechanics. Alliance hates Horde and Horde hates Alliance, though you can play neutral characters. And if you want a second account for any reason, just PM an admin about it.

As for your merchant organization, I /think/ there's something out there for it already. Don't quote me on it, though. The Cartel could be a good choice for your needs if you want to be associated wtih the gobbos.
[Image: lichkingfell.png]
Thank's for the reply, Moose.

That's all the questions I've had so far. :)

If I come up with any more, I'll try and check around, or post about it.
Well, I've got myself patched, got an account, and I logged in this afternoon to get my addons all setup and functional. :D

I hope to get in later tonight to play my first character, Sylea, and perhaps RP a bit while she explores some.