11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 427
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2992
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86020
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2561
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Hey CotH... [Pain]
(05-02-2013, 06:27 AM)Zhaei Wrote: Once I stepped on a Lego and didn't weep for hours. Please form an orderly queue for autographs.

My feet are too calloused, from years of working standing up in shops when I was younger. Embarrassing, but extremely useful being that I have three sons.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

[-] The following 1 user Likes Harmonic's post:
  • muhaha8
PM
Physical pain? Please no. ;-; I'm not good with pain. For little things like cuts and scrapes, I'm pretty good about them. At work I tend to get several scrapes/cuts on my arms a day, and then also end up getting concrete mix or saw dust or dirt and disgustingness all over them which causes a good amount of stinging but I just ignore it. I have a bad back though, that when it starts hurting can be pretty damn painful. I try not to complain about it and keep working but still it hurts and I hate it. Tooth pain? Oh my god, please stop. One of the most painful things, mental and physical, I've ever experienced. I have really bad teeth so I've been dealing with it my entire life. Never gets any easier to withstand.

'Mental' pain? Hmm. That's tough, really. I like to think I'm pretty good about handling myself but it depends on what it is, I guess. I can handle bad situations('bad' being subjective), I think. I honestly.. don't know. I guess I'm pretty good at putting on a decently happy face to mask stress but.. all depends on the situation. I'm bad at these! ;-; I know that I rarely have any real 'release' aside from venting to someone. Yelling tends to get my family to tell me to be quiet, which gets me more agitated. Can't put a hole in the wall, though sometimes I'd love to. I guess that causes snapping and agitation. But I usually recover and calm down relatively quick(30 minutes to an hour or two if it's really bad).

Dammit, Piken. Stahp. :|
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
Physically: Anything that is minor will be the utmost annoyance to me, and I tend to 'baby' my wounds in fear of making them worse. However, during sports like football or wrestling, say I get smacked a few times in the head, I won't feel it other the next day. When I have adrenaline pumping through my veins, I can take a lot. Without it? A unsuspecting 'love tap' would cause a yelp from me.

Mentally: I really don't know. I can handle family death so far(indirect family, anyhow) without much remorse, hearing about other tragedies and such doesn't really hurt me. Anything that doesn't effect me directly, I don't really feel for.

Personally, I'm very insecure and prone to snapping at people who speak negatively about me, I always tend to try to defend myself even if it's something minor, make an excuse and such. What really 'hurts' the most is when the fault is something I can't change. But the only 'painful' event recently I can think of is a break up from a relationship, I really haven't felt so broken/sad/depressed until then(and I still feel like I'm still dealing with the aftermath a year later). I also have no ambition or goal set forth in life, so really my way of dealing with stress is just submerging myself into my computer and the internet. That way I can just bottle up and toss away any nagging issues or emotions and just relax, forgetting about them to give me some peace.

The break down in this system is when the internet/computer become a problem, then that's when I can go a little cray. I release my stress then by going on a little rampages in anger, normally during competitive games or whenever my computer breaks. After those fits, it normally ruins my day unless I can calm down enough to ease out the tension. Any other situation, it normally takes a lot for me to actually have an outburst of some kind, but when my 'life-line' so to speak becomes threaten, then McKnub gets angry. You won't like me when I'm angry.

/end mindless ramble
PM
(05-02-2013, 08:22 AM)McKnighter Wrote: Mentally: I really don't know. I can handle family death so far(indirect family, anyhow) without much remorse, hearing about other tragedies and such doesn't really hurt me. Anything that doesn't effect me directly, I don't really feel for.

Personally, I'm very insecure and prone to snapping at people who speak negatively about me, I always tend to try to defend myself even if it's something minor, make an excuse and such. What really 'hurts' the most is when the fault is something I can't change. But the only 'painful' event recently I can think of is a break up from a relationship, I really haven't felt so broken/sad/depressed until then(and I still feel like I'm still dealing with the aftermath a year later). I also have no ambition or goal set forth in life, so really my way of dealing with stress is just submerging myself into my computer and the internet. That way I can just bottle up and toss away any nagging issues or emotions and just relax, forgetting about them to give me some peace.

Pretty much this. Thanks, McKnighter. :P /highfive
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
Physically - I can safely say I'm quite resistent. The only time I actually screamed, whined and made a scene was when I was shot.

Mentally - I'm not so secure. Friends suddenly turning their backs on me drives my mood rock-bottom and if they're particularly close, it takes me quite a while for me to recover from the shock. Losing family or friends is even worse. So, yeah. I'm a strong girl physically, but...always been a tear-eyed one, too, when it's in the head.
Active Characters:
Velennia - Anchorite. Has a strange liking for tea.
Vynthia Blackfire - Magistrix. Craves sightseeing.
Vanessa Briarthorn - Seemingly timid housewife. Enjoys painting.

PM

I echo House's statement, though with a more cheery addition of my own; I've grown used to it, and for the last few years I've been looking at the brighter things; pain doesn't matter. Enjoying the time I have with my family and friends does, though. I've not thought about 'ending it' for several years.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rowgen's post:
  • Kirabo
PM
Physical pain I can handle for quite along amount of time, but I won't do it quietly. I've handled my spinal inflammation for a few long months before I had an episode so bad I ended up going into shock. I used to not handle pain well at all. Nope. But now since I can only take pain killers given to me by my doctor, I've learned how to handle headaches and other minor things better without turning to medication. Slowly I've gotten better about working through the pain.

Emotional? I've taken a lot of emotional pain and trauma over the years. Crippling depression, horrible self image, and a not too supportive family have put me in quite the hole. I've never had any sort of therapy. I tried once and my parents basically told me to "get over it". I've learned how to cope with my issues alone for the entirety of my teenage years. Currently I turn to a close network of friends. I've turned even more to @Technomancer over the past year we've been together. He's been a major support that I've needed for a long time. And I'll support him too :D
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
[-] The following 1 user Likes SachikoMaeda's post:
  • Kirabo
I have a really weird reaction to pain. I always laugh. It could be from being punched by my sister to having my big toenail torn off, I always laugh. Usually with tears, but still laughing.
[-] The following 2 users Like FlyingSquirrel's post:
  • Kirabo, Rowgen
PM
Physically I can take a fair amount, all in all it depends on what's hurting me and where, I know soft spots quite well.
Mentally? It depends on what day it is, I'm a stepford smiler sometimes and a stepford snarker others, I pin up most of my feelings and yes I know that is not very healthy, I'm fairly stoic when in public. All that into account, I am not a pleasant person when angry, I rarely show myself as such since.
Hand me some feedback!
Spoiler:
Quote:I don’t want you to protest,
I don’t want you to riot,
I don’t want you to write to your congressman because I wouldn’t know what to tell you to write.
I don’t know what to do about the depression and
the inflation and the crime in the Streets.
All I know is that first, you’ve got to get mad.

You’ve got to say:
I’m a Human being God damn it !
*MY LIFE HAS VALUE!*
PM
I take preparation to avoid physical pain. I've broken enough bones to know to be careful. Even working in a warehouse, or cleaning -- you don't have to get hurt. Don't get people who get hurt all the time. Play it smart is the way I do things. If its too heavy, have someone help you. Don't mess up your back. It's pretty simple most of the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kull's post:
  • Roxas65
PM
I dun like pain :(
Spoiler:

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
[-] The following 2 users Like Krent's post:
  • JTJP770, Kirabo
PM
(05-02-2013, 06:30 PM)Kull Wrote: I take preparation to avoid physical pain. I've broken enough bones to know to be careful. Even working in a warehouse, or cleaning -- you don't have to get hurt. Don't get people who get hurt all the time. Play it smart is the way I do things. If its too heavy, have someone help you. Don't mess up your back. It's pretty simple most of the time.

I learned the same thing when I worked on the construction site. I was going to lift something heavy and assumed my boss would be impressed with me if I carried it there myself, but instead I got scolded.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Roxas65's post:
  • Kull
PM
It sounds weird, but to an extent, I like physical pain. The satisfaction of shaking it off is very nice to me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nymus's post:
  • Kirabo
I actively try to keep myself out of harm's way and physical pain. It doesn't help me much because I start to fear that pain... which I always end up dealing with well.

Except for when I do something silly like jamming a finger. :(
PM
(05-02-2013, 01:51 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I have a really weird reaction to pain. I always laugh. It could be from being punched by my sister to having my big toenail torn off, I always laugh. Usually with tears, but still laughing.

This is also my reaction. Served to freak out quite a lot of bullies at school when I was younger. :D
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rowgen's post:
  • Kirabo
PM