The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Hey there ^^! (Cat's introduction)
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I'm an 18 year old engineering student! Most people know me as MonocleCat or just Cat! I've been playing RPG's for years now. Aside from PnP's like Dark Heresy , GURPS or Dungeons and Dragons (3.5), I also took to MMORPG roleplaying! SW:TOR , World of Warcraft (For a few months on the Blizzard servers) and some smaller roleplaying games on BYOND. (Such as Eternia, which is an anime-like fantasy world.)

Myself.. as a player? What I do could be summed up in a list:
- Roleplaying! It's wonderful and always enjoyable to meet new people OOCly, and their characters ICly, and develop a story together.
- I'm a fan of soft and hard science fiction (Mostly Isaac Asimov when it comes to hard sci-fi)
- Fantasy! (Mages and the all time classic, the fireball!)
- Playing the piano as well, music is great.
- Doodling in adobe photoshop. (But I'm not the best at it!)
- I like cats! (Again, that's probably stating the obvious.)
- Puzzle games, such as Portal, and co-op games are all-time favorites. So are strategy games, especially realtime ones.
- Warning : The Enrichment Center is required to remind you that the Weighted Companion Cube cannot talk. In the event that it does talk The Enrichment Centre asks you to ignore its advice.
- I'm not a very serious person, but I'll remember to keep sillyness in the Barrens!

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Romania, my brother probably submitted his introduction as well by now. My primary language is English though, as I prefer using it instead of Romanian.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

It all started with the old Warcraft games... (DAMN YOU ARTHAS!!!) Warcraft III, Tides of Darkness and Orcs vs Humans. Then I tried the world of warcraft trial when it came out.. and I played on the blizzard servers for a while to see how the story continues.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

A friend referred me to the server! She was playing SW:TOR with me and was kind enough to tell me about it when I asked if she knew any good fantasy roleplay games which didn't cost a monthly subscription fee!

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

I just enjoy roleplaying as a whole, if that counts. Fantasy/fiction and science fiction roleplay are my favorites though.

Spoiler:
[Image: gandalf_vs_the_balrog_by_yamoshi-d6eq2ke.jpg]

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

My favorite class is the mage, for the sole reason that magic, especially elemental magic, is incredibly fun to use and to roleplay in any game. The ability to create an inferno or fade it away into nothingness. To freeze your foes and to shatter them, or to manipulate pure arcane energies, bending them to your will...

I blame watching lord of the rings as a child for this. Gandalf is amazing.

I also enjoy the paladin, because of the general concept of a protector of the weak, who wields holy magic, alongside demonstrating mastery of arms.. while being a drunken dwarf who can't abstain from taking a swig in the middle of a fight with someone.

Just kidding on the dwarf part.

EDIT: I forgot to mention anything about a favorite race... I don't have any favorite race, really. o_o"

What are your expectations of this server?:

I'm just hoping for a fun community, really. And good roleplay! I'm also curious about the combat system. I know that people take part in pure RP, dice rolling or RP-PvP. Due to coming from tabletops and servers on which PvP was very active in the past, I prefer the latter two.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

In all honesty? The one that appeals to me the most is the rule that elaborates upon humility. I've seen people in the past who want to be in the center of attention and go as far as hijacking or even tearing down other players' roleplay sessions in order to achieve that.

Not fun :(

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes please! I'd actually like to have a mentor who could show me around and detail the world of "Conquest of the Horde!", since I'm not familiar with any of the players on the server yet! ^^

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

(I'll try to keep it short!)

A story..

Many years ago, there was a man. Just like any other. He had no special powers, or anything that was outstanding, aside from his courage. Courage born of fear. Fear of losing everything..

There were those who believed the propaganda, and gladly embarked on that journey. Alongside many others, he'd taken those same steps, entering a train which would lead him forwards, to battle. For his country, for his home, for his family. What was he? Simply a young man, seeking purpose in life, seeking to protect those he loved and cherished. Screeching, the wheels of the vehicle began to move from their spot, smoke puffing out of the locomotive that was leading the wagons down the road.

He'd left a letter for his family, unsure what to expect. Looking out the window, he pondered, leaves brushing across the glass that formed the barrier between himself and the outside world. Shuffling as a result of the wind's breeze and the speed of the train itsself..

Belief.

He believed that he would make it home, that everything would return to normal, that everything would be just fine. He had a job to do, and trusted in his god. What he believed and what would happen though.. those were completely different things, as the latter was unknown.

Eyelids were heavy, and the two azure eyes the young lad beared were shut in moments. Waking up to that same screeching sound, he'd arrived near the front lines, hours later. The doors opened, fresh air rushing into the compartment in which said lad was stationed. He needed no name, for there were many like him. All he needed was a purpose, and the will to push forwards.

With a baggage hanging from his shoulder, he'd yawned, exiting his wagon. There were many others here, men and women alike, although the former were more likely to take part in the fight, while the latter remained behind in order to treat the men who were injured in battle. Blasts could be heard in the distance, alongside the sight of smoke climbing towards the sky. With a solemn expression, our "Hero" would move onwards, facing his destiny, whatever it might have been. He was a simple man, with a family who he loved, and who he'd fight for.

A hero is not defined by physical strength, or intellect. It's defined by standing up when needed. Whether it is lawful or chaotic, "good" can only be defined as selflessness.. Giving from yourself in order to keep others safe.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

1. You may want to listen to this!
2. I like hugs.
3. Beer Orcs.
4. As for the story? Black Hawk Down came to mind.. ^^"
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon MonocleCat has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, MonocleCat! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

This introduction amused me. Here's a hug for you! *hugs!* You'll be assigned a mentor ASAP and they'll contact you upon being assigned. Also, you and your brother may run into trouble making in-game accounts if you do it from the same IP. If you have any problems there, make sure to visit Tech Support or contact Kretol directly. :)

Do you have Skype? If so, you should check out this thread! Feel free to add my Skype (loxmardin) as well, if you want to chat, ask questions or have me add you to the official CotH Skype Group, manually!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under. Also, take a look at this announcement about the .LFRP command! It's totally useful!

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them. Don't forget to "/join Chat" for general chatter, "/join Barrens" for general randomness and more spammy chatter in-game!

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin
:O More Romanians! I'm probably gonna be bonkey by the GMs for this, but.. saluuuuut, bine ai venit pe CotH!

PlsdontbonkmeLox/Rei.

Add Kira13f (Cristian Marcus from Zalau) on Skype and we can talk! :D
Oh my. You play Dark Heresy. Eeeeeeexcelleeeent. And BYOND games? Even better. Have you ever tried Space Station 13 on it?

A, şi, bine ai venit! Dacă dai vre-odată de DaveM, şi el e "de-al nostru".
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
Ooh found your intro.. add me on the forums. If you ever need RP and I'm online then whisper me.. I'll rake something out of my brain. Peace!

PS

If I wasn't newly returned and knew about the Mentor System, I'd so mentor you.. as I led you to this dark and beautiful corner of the interwebs. ^^
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
Cat, hmm?
Bah, worgs are better!