08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 380
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2816
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85579
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2360
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3413

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

House of the Arcane Contraption

[Image: hotac2.png]

The what? Back in my day, engineering had oil and phlogiston and--…

Indeed.

This, ladies and gentle-tinkerers, is the House of the Arcane Contraption.

~What is It?~

University

Home

Research Field

Arena

More…

A safe haven from judgmental eyes from either of the traditional fields of the Arcane (or other branches of magic) and Engineering.

Here, Azeroth’s techno-casters can mingle, trade ideas, and perhaps magic bolts across the testing grounds. They can research in peace and (relative) stability.

~A Brief History~

Quote:While some techno mages are solitary, about twenty years ago several banded together to form a small group of like-minded individuals. Their numbers have grown incrementally since then. Preferring neutrality, this group of techno mages built a small fortress in the Barrens, just south of Ashenvale, making it equal access for all races who wish to learn. They call this fortress, and, by extension, their organization, the House of the Arcane Contraption.

Because most techno mages are neutral, or so interested in meeting those of like minds, they welcome any race into their ranks. Techno mages of Alliance or Horde affiliation are not required to cast off their affiliations, but there is a strict code of truce in the House of the Arcane Contraption. Any racial — or other — issues are settled in a small arena in the courtyard, where the techno mages battle using their magical inventions. Some battles can be fierce and bloody, the techno mages actually going for the kill with invented weapons, but others are less heated, usually having the inventions battle each other.

The House of the Arcane Contraption has remained impenetrable since its founders, the Cabal of 5.3, built it 13 years before the Third War. Even the demonic fury that destroyed much of Ashenvale did not touch it. The techno mages defended their fortress with such fury that even the demons left it alone. (Although others say the techno mages put such a strong glamour on the fortress that the demons couldn't see it, and were less concerned with that smell of arcane magic than the power of the World Tree.)

~Accepted Classes~
[Image: Priest_Icon.gif][Image: Mage_Icon.gif][Image: Paladin_Icon.gif][Image: Warlock_Icon.gif]

No Nature Magics?
Unfortunately, engineering and nature are usually at odds. However, if your character is well thought out enough, he or she may fit right in. One never knows.

~Accepted Races~
All!

~Ranks~

Ranks do not exist in the usual sense of a hierarchy, one able to order the other. However, those who join will be organized into an appropriate slot.

Gear of Arcane
Traditional techno-magi. They also can specialize in either pure Arcane, Fire, or Frost.

Gear of Runes
Those skilled in non-Death Knight runic magic fit here.

Gear of Fel
Warlocks specializing destructive magics or demonology go here.

Gear of Light
Yes, the Light and engineering have met. Priests and paladins alike fall under this rank.

Gear of Shadow
The other side of Light’s coin; divine engineers skilled in shadow fit here. Warlocks who specialize in shadow fit here as well.

~Organization~
This guild will be more a collection of people than anything with an active storyline. A collective piece of history shared by a few people. As such, do not expect events, or Annabelle (or me) to be giving you orders. Do not give orders to others in the guild, for again, there are no true ranks. Perhaps if something comes up, we can work together towards a goal. I am open to events! Feel free to work together on projects or venturing out into the wilds to research.

To join, just whisper me or anyone in the guild, as everyone has the ability to invite. There is no real initiation, as again, this is a shared bit of history. An environment to play off of.

Despite these stipulations, I am the OOC leader and will quell misbehavior when it arises. No OOC infighting please, we're all awesome.

~The Fortress~
Lore-wise, the fortress home of the House is on the border of Ashenvale and the Barrens. Here on CotH, we have no such establishment. As such, we will most likely use the Scarlet Monastery RP location, or one of the two towers. Because those are the first things that came to mind.

For now.

Or you may wander about as you wish.

_____

OOC Addendum: As far as I know, I am allowed to make this guild, as I was given an OK by a GM. If I am incorrect in my assumption, apologies. Assurances that Annabelle won't assume any lore-messing authority. Credit to Hiddengecko for the fancy title, Blizzard for the icons, the organization itself, and credit to someone somewhere for the dragon. Link to WoWPedia article on the house here. Do post opinions and musings!
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes c0rzilla's post:
  • Murcielago
PM
Quote:OOC Addendum: As far as I know, I am allowed to make this guild, as I was given an OK by a GM. If I am incorrect in my assumption, apologies. Assurances that Annabelle won't assume any lore-messing authority

You could easily do away with any concern here by claiming the guild as being a chapter of the House, and not representative of the upper echelons at all. This would also make it logical for your specific chapter to meet outside of the lore-place but not in-game represented building, as your chapter could be established in another location for ease of access and the like.

Just my suggestion. I'd love to see this get off the ground!

Edit: As another suggestion, a divided council between the different 'gears' might also be a good way to avoid any issues with authority. Also might be a rather fun dynamic.
PM
I just wanted to delete my Gnome techie because of a lack of rp...Guess I won't...
PM
Thank you for the advice Rigley, but while I want this "guild" to get off the ground, I am not sure I am fit to lead. I.E. events, orders, that sort of thing. I've been quite burnt out in that aspect since the House of Autumn days of yore. I worry too much about pleasing everybody and then...well, you know. Thus, I didn't intend for it to be a specific anything. Just a group of techno-casters that might know each other from the House. The ranks are more for flavor than anything.

Anyway!

Could you clarify on the divided council? Do you mean a "head" for each Gear, or a separate group of figureheads altogether that oversee all sections?
PM
(11-03-2011, 03:03 PM)c0rzilla Wrote: Could you clarify on the divided council? Do you mean a "head" for each Gear, or a separate group of figureheads altogether that oversee all sections?

Actually the council was a way around burnout, where you would be appointing members (however many you see fit) to form an IC council for the group which could determine any kind of events or the like. So five (or more, if you've got enough or there are multiple active and promising members) to form up the leadership in a way. I'll stress particularly that this should be held by those you know are willing to do events or hold meetings and the like, not just people who can RP the leadership role well.

And to clarify, I don't necessarily mean that you should do anything big with that-- I find it rather logical though that there might be some hierarchy in a group from a particular organization which meets in one (or multiple) locations. Think of it as a club, if you want to look at it in more simplistic terms; While odds are they aren't going to do anything massive together they meet for mutual entertainment and conversation, and all that sort of thing. Even in those there are people who make decisions though, such as what the members can work towards and all.

Of course this is still all just a suggestion, depending on exactly where you wish to go with this! As a fellow engineer enthusiast I just wanted to give some thoughts on the matter.
PM
You had me at Rango/Hans Zimmer <3
"My country is the world, my religion is to do good" - Thomas Paine

"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died." - Jorah Mormont

----- Characters -----

Spoiler:
Dulcius Seregon - Mage/addict with a tendency to bore others.
Daedre Seregon - Low-born noble with a cocksure behavior.
Edric Luven - Cautious lowlife Human who will do anything for quick coin.
Sandor Deramore - A former Alliance military commander turned lost Undead soldier.
Ranzbert Spoznotch - Tad-insane Gnome Warlock with a passion for potion making and research.
Elizabeth Drakos - Stern and assertive zealot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Schorse's post:
  • hiddengecko
PM
Well, I'll see how many people join and I'll work from there. Thanks!
PM
I can throw in a lil bit of a technomage gnome, darlin'. :)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
Where'd you get that beautiful art on the top?
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Credit for that is at the bottom! Hiddengecko made it for me.
PM
Yay for our two newest members! Tibby, and Samuel.
PM
Veddy intevesting... veddy intevesting indeed. I might join. I've always seen Techno-Magick as interesting. A whole guild, my, that's just above and beyond awesome.
Delta Wrote: I couldn't help but watch that with a smile. It's comparable to watching a kitten climb onto the sofa and mew excitably, as if it's just achieved something monumental.

[Image: Sasuke-gifs-uchiha-sasuke-22778910-500-220.gif]

Spoiler:
Lithdra -- Blood Elf -- 85
Aitana -- Forsaken -- 85
Kymu -- Draenei -- 85
Anrielle -- Night Elf -- 85
Kravus -- Blood Elf -- 60
Rinkata -- Troll -- 60
Nicci -- Goblin -- 60
PM
The guild has been disbanded OOCly, but is still kicking around ICly! I would humbly ask all potential players of techno-casters to look this over and see if it catches your fancy.

Again, do not consider this a "guild", in the usual sense of scheduled events and provided RP. This is a shared history and facet, which RP can be built from.

Happy tinkering!
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ironbraid Clan [Dwarven Noble House] Jonoth 0 1,423 11-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  House Silversaddle Osvaldas 4 1,022 07-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Osvaldas
  House Greywold PhilGobatto 1 594 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Sorum
  House Ashbridge Rosencrat 19 5,577 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM