11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 606
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3903
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87806
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3258
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3480

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

I got my promotion last night.
I really freaking happy I got promoted to Major in the Marines.
About my spelling, If you say anything about it im gonna hunt your nerdy english aniel retentive arrrssse down and beat the elcrapo right out of you!!!!
I came to this planet to chew bubblegum and kick ass! And I am all out of gum!
Congratulations! I don't know a lot about the order of ranks in the military but that sounds pretty high up!
[Image: signature.jpg]
PM
Thank you, That really means alot to me. :)
About my spelling, If you say anything about it im gonna hunt your nerdy english aniel retentive arrrssse down and beat the elcrapo right out of you!!!!
Woah, Major?! Congratulations!!! ^^
I like your Picture on your signature. Thank you. :mrgreen:
Marines? No kidding! I'm proud of you mate. Really am. Thanks for everything.

/salute

How's being a Marine treating ya?
PM
Uuuuh, congratulations?

Yes, definitely.
Little by little, one travels far.
PM
Well, I'll be truthful. It sucks from time to time. I was in Iraq for Awhile, Then Afghanistan. But right now I'm at home for atleast a year :)> . UNLESS ALL HELL BREAKS LOSE! -_- Which happens alot now days.
I tired posting a Picture of me in Afghanistan on the "Real Life" Image gallery section. But, its been a few days and I still dont see it. Should I try posting again?
WOW, Speak of the Devil. Its in there now! Haha! Thanks guys for your support. And This is In honor of a few Quotes,sayings, and stories ...

# "Boots are new recruits into the United States Marine Corps. During the Vietnam War period these young men were a mixture of volunteers and some draftees. None were senator's or congressmen's sons. Very few were from the upper echelons of American society. Most were from hard working, well founded, families that believed in something called the "United States of America". These young men had been schooled in a system that started the day with the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag and the Lords Prayer. Many believed in America and all it promised. Most were patriots.

Marines are the United States elite military force. There are many specialty forces within the U.S. Military. Navy Seals, Army Green Berets, Army Airborne and other specialty units comprise the elite forces of U.S. Military. Only the United States Marine Corps stands out as an elite force in and of itself. MARINE is a word of respect. Whenever this word is used it evokes images of Spartans, exemplary examples of American excellence. The elite of the elite.

Marines have a history. They have fought in every major and minor engagement in which the United States of America has ever been involved. Marines are the Presidents guard. Marines are the best we have to offer as a nation. Marines have a tradition. Marines do not surrender. Marines do not leave their dead on the battle field. Marines have an honor. Marines die for that honor. Marines are Americans in the highest sense. Marines guard the very gates of Heaven.

From the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli
We will fight our country's battles in the air, on land and sea
First to fight for right and freedom
And to keep our honor clean
We are proud to claim the title of United States Marines

If the Army and the Navy ever look on Heaven's scenes
They will find the gates are guarded by United States Marines"

--SGT Bill M. Brower (USMC Oct. 1969 - Oct. 1972)

# "Marines are about the most peculiar breed of human beings I have ever witnessed. They treat their service as if it were some kind of cult, plastering their emblem on almost everything they own, making themselves up to look like insane fanatics with haircuts to ungentlemanly lengths, worshipping their Commandant almost as if he were a god, and making weird animal noises like a band of savages. They'll fight like rabid dogs at the drop of a hat just for the sake of a little action, and are the cockiest sons of bitches I have ever known. Most have the foulest mouths and drink well beyond man's normal limits, but their high spirits and sense of brotherhood set them apart and, generally speaking, the United States Marines I've come in contact with are the most professional soldiers and the finest men I have ever had the pleasure to meet."
--An Anonymous Canadian Citizen

# "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
--President Ronald Reagan, 1985

# "When the new recruit is standing in front of his D.I., he knows what he had to do, what his D.I. wants him to do, his Mama, his Daddy, his leader says to do. But what our whole recruit training program is heading towards is that Marine doing what he has been trained for when his leader, or any other "senior" is not there looking over him. Those moments when he is alone in combat, and he has to rely on one person, himself!"
Chesty Puller's Rules of Success!

# "Uncommon valor was a common virtue."
--The words of Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz in tribute to the Marines who were at Iwo Jima.

# "When in doubt, empty the magazine."
---???

# "To ERR is human, to FORGIVE divine. HOWEVER, neither is Marine Corps Policy.
--???

# "Marines never die! They just go to hell and regroup."
--???

# "Do you want to live forever?"
--Sergeant Major Dan Daly, USMC

# "God made Warrant Officers to give the junior enlisted Marine someone to worship, the senior enlisted Marine someone to envy, the junior officer someone to tolerate, and the senior officer someone to respect."
--Fiction and Fact From Dunk's Almanac

# "It seemed from the conversation that this fellow, despite his appearance, had flunked his physical examination and the officer was giving him the bad news. The blonde guy pleaded for an exception that would allow him to become a Marine. The captain listened quietly, staring straight ahead, thought for a moment, then said, "An exception could be made only if you have some special skills or training that the Corps needs. In that case, we might consider a waiver in order to take advantage of those skills."
"Tell me, young man, what is your profession?"
"Teach history, Sir."
The captain stared into the blonde man's eyes, spoke slowly and deliverately. "Son, we don't teach history, we make it!"
--Stories From the Pacific

# "Marines about to go into battle. Some were standing watch, some readied equipment, some slept or rested, but all were quiet. No nervous jabbering, no false bravado, no whining, no melodramatics... they were professionals."
--2nd Lieutenant "Vic" Taylor, on "the Magnificent Bastards"

# "My strategy is one against ten, my tactic ten against one."
--Mao Tse-tung, quoted in Bloodworth, The Chinese Machiavelli, 1976

# "To ensure victory, the troops must have confidence in themselves as well as in their commanders."
--Niccolo Machiavelli: Discorsi, xxxiii, 1531

# "Being ready is not what matters. What matters is winning after you get there."
--Lieutenant General V.H. Krulak, USMC: To a Marine unit leaving for Vietnam, April 1965

# "Peace is the daughter of war."
--French Proverb

# "Peace is produced by war."
--Latin Proverb

# "I will never surrender of my own free will. If in command I will never surrender my men while they still have the means to resist."
--Article II of the Code of Conduct

# "Private First Class Melvin E. Newlin was manning a key machine gun post with four other Marines in July 1967 when a savage enemy attack nearly overran their position. Criticall wounded, his comrades kinned, Private Newlin propped himself against his machine gun and twice repelled the enemy attempts to overrun his position. During a third assault, he was knocked unconscious by a grenade, and the enemy, believing him dead, bypassed him and continued their attack on the main force. When he regained consciousness, he crawled back to his weapon and brought it to bear on the enemy rear, inflicting heavy casualties and causing the enemy to stop their assault on the main positions and again attack his machine gun post. Repelling two more enemy assaults, Private Newlin was awarded the Medal of Honor for his courageous refusal to surrender his position or to cease fighting because of his wounds." -- Thanks for all your support, HOORAH!
The big O-4, huh? Congratulations! I'm sure you deserved it. Keep doing your country proud! Even though I'm not from it, I get to say that. PARADOX

... I'd be tempted to say "oorah", but you'd probably track me down and beat the crap out of me with your mad MCMAP skillz. Don't hurt me, mister Marine, sir! /cower
PM
Sweet man, love the quotes :D And as for the siggy, I made it with photoshop a couple of months back, haha, glad you like it xD
Sol Wrote:The big O-4, huh? Congratulations! I'm sure you deserved it. Keep doing your country proud! Even though I'm not from it, I get to say that. PARADOX

... I'd be tempted to say "oorah", but you'd probably track me down and beat the crap out of me with your mad MCMAP skillz. Don't hurt me, mister Marine, sir! /cower

XD! I will not hurt you, That would break the law. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday Night Comedy Night! Carver 4 258 03-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Carver