08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 356
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2615
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85210
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2196
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3391

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Coldridge Valley Survival Event
If your character acts against common sense, then yes they can die :P
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Quote:Feel free to make any suggestions or concerns here as well.

I'm going to go ahead and make the suggestion that you should do this when many people are on break, if you want a good attendance. Of course, in the end, it's when you're available to host the events. But still, that's the concern...that I bring up because I'm very interested but very busy...and others might be too!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
I second Geoni's idea, and waiting until that part of the year could prove to give you PLENTY of time to figure out a story line, have some interesting things happen, and do exactly what you want to do. What stumps me is, I can't figure out how you're ICly gonna' have a reason for 20+, maybe 30+ people gathering in Coldridge Valley.

Story line sounds like it could be deviously amazing if crafted just right. Actually, I'd get in touch with a couple GMs, and maybe see if they have any ideas, and you can work things out together. Once again, I'd love for this to actually take place.
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
(08-29-2013, 02:36 AM)Valicor Wrote: What stumps me is, I can't figure out how you're ICly gonna' have a reason for 20+, maybe 30+ people gathering in Coldridge Valley.

If people were to create new characters specifically for this event, like @CappnRob suggested, I myself would take up his other suggestion of making them "civilian"-like toons who were already living in/around the valley. They are, after all, evacuated to Anvilmar and kept there, so just living nearby and around is good enough :D

Also, I second @DoctorDaveMD's statement. I've been wanting to make a non-stereotypical dorf for a while, and this seems perfect. Maybe a stonemason....
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
PM
That's the idea, yes: since so few people have dwarf or gnome characters, I'd encourage you to roll new alts which will represent the currently existing Anvilmar population as they're locked in the valley.

But that will be elaborated on when the event planning is underway.
Quote:That's the idea, yes: since so few people have dwarf or gnome characters, I'd encourage you to roll new alts which will represent the currently existing Anvilmar population as they're locked in the valley.

But that will be elaborated on when the event planning is underway.

This doesn't count for the Regiment, yes? I mean, you could say the people in Coldridge sent word for the Regiment's aid (Since the Regiment WERE made for the cause of protecting the Dwarven Lands) so it'd make sense that those with premade chars in the Regiment could join in. Under your jurisdiction of course Rob ^^
PM
Given there is a military presence in Anvilmar, Regiment characters would be allowed.

Really, this isn't in planning yet, so I don't have any "rules" exactly, but the basic idea I'm trying to convey is I don't want this potential event to be populated by nothing but super-badass Thanes and big damn heroes. A lot of the drama will stem from the characters being ordinary folks in a dire situation, but we'll see how it all goes down whenever this actually happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CappnRob's post:
  • Dae
Aye, I understand that. Tbh, there'll definitely be no "Badass Thane". Noillin will be one of the only sort of Military Dwarfs with some sense of Command (Due to being able to lead the Second Battalion to places) but he doesn't go around going "YOU DO THIS YOU DO THAT". He only gives orders to his men and that is it really.

But yeah, just send word ICly prior to the event if it goes up, so then I can ICly speak with the faction and so on.
PM
I have two characters for this: my humble blacksmith bearded lady dwarf, Lola, whom I always wanted to keep in a lowly position while she makes weapons for heroes. I think this alone makes her fit right in.

I also have Sgt. Pulline, whom I've last used in Operation: Gnomeregan. I can assume she has been reassigned here, since she also has loyalty to Ironforge. I'm not sure.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ImagenAshyun's post:
  • CappnRob
Given the recent interest in starter area RP I'm gonna give this a bump! It still isn't in official planning yet, but once Northshire completes, this will very likely be my next project.

Dorfs: The Event

Coming Soon™.
[-] The following 2 users Like CappnRob's post:
  • Maulbane, Diethe
The server definitely need a revival of dwarf love.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
PM
Sounds amazing! If I have made it back to the internet and CotH when this happens, I'll be there.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bovel's post:
  • CappnRob
PM
Its happening.

Event planning officially in the works! I'll keep you posted as things develop!

Estimated event time is somewhere in November but I make no promises!
Alright, so it's December now and still no event.

School has -swamped- me unexpectedly in the last months, so I wanna get all that done and settled before there's any serious dorfing around! Once the dust settles I can start really planning things out for this.

I won't give an ETA, because they always lie, but do know that this will still happen!
[-] The following 1 user Likes CappnRob's post:
  • Franksta96
Awesome! Hopefully I can get around my pretty terrible internet and begin doing my event chain, to get some more active Dwarfs so I can encourage others to participate in Coldridge ^^
Noillin Dawnhammer [Alive] - "We ride ta' battle together, not alone..."

'Gray' [Alive] - "I will not let my sacrifices go in vain... Never..."

Dragor Bloodfury [Alive] - "The cries of our comrades will not go unheard!"
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 502 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 486 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra