08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 356
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2615
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85211
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2197
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3392

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Evil Guild (Read more Inside!)
So, CotH. I couldn't help but notice that there is a constant lack around of....well, evil groups! Evil people play a vital role in any situation, and that's conflict. So I've got an idea. I know not if this idea will work, nor if it will attract attention; thus is why I bring it to you folks in the public eye!

I've had this idea for a subgroup of the Burning Legion. A militaristic-like guild, composed of fel users and possibly DKs that wanna be evil. The group can assemble, and be assigned to a location of Azeroth to 'invade', where they will launch their forces and basically do evil things, subtly destroying what is good and wholesome. (This may include, but is not limited to: House burning, murdering, stealing, kidnapping/torturing locals).

First off, I ask my handy staff of FHs and GMs if this idea would fly in the first place. Would the Burning Legion even be the type to have these small subgroups?

Second off, I ask all of CotH public; is this what you want? Even if this idea isn't possible, do you want an evil guild? The chance to roll that cackling villain, or that erratically murderous psychopath? For those of you practically screaming 'YES!', tell me. Does this Legion idea interest you? This is a general interest check.

Thanks!
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Valicor's post:
  • Rini, Franksta96
PM
I only offer this piece of advice for your evil shenanigans. Keep this quote in mind:

[Image: r6JffPJ.jpg.jpg]

And yes, the Legion would do this. The Legion's entire purpose is to screw worlds over. These folk might not be high ranking under whatever demon they serve, if they serve any demon. But this is still a logical tactic.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 7 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • Valicor, CappnRob, Delta, flammos200, Edgar, muhaha8, Scout
PM
Quote:First off, I ask my handy staff of FHs and GMs if this idea would fly in the first place. Would the Burning Legion even be the type to have these small subgroups?

Yes, it works. It was done (before your time, I think) by Rosencrat --> Psycho/Fortwit with the Hand of Sargeras, and it created some great RP in its prime. This sort of loose thing is what CotH needs right now, if you pull it off.

Edit: WoW is easily pants on head enough to play an 'evil for the sake of it', by the way.
[-] The following 3 users Like Zhaei's post:
  • JVNemesis, CappnRob, Rini
PM
[Image: no-good-or-evil.jpg]
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 4 users Like Xigo's post:
  • c0rzilla, JVNemesis, CappnRob, Edgar
PM
I like the idea... Do I get to be evil?
PM
Oh, boy, oh, boy.

This'll be good.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
PM
Food for thought.

c0rzilla Wrote:If you want something to fight against, I offer my (tiny) guild, Thornsong Coven. And buddies.

Roux's been doing good in Duskwood and recently overcame one threat.

When you've done more thinking, send me some questions and ideas.

Consider the Coven. Add the joining forces of sparse paladins/priests, possibly the Argent Crusade, and even such a long reach as maybe making some Demon Hunters active.

Just food for thought. Chances are I'll be developing this idea fully, butttttt;

More people, give me feedback. I want to hear from all corners of the community (GMs, this means you too! Having this kind of group could require lots of demon NPCs and DMs by your GMly powers. What do you think?)
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
I could roll a felsworn for this.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:

i am sea-bass
PM
I think this idea is great! I tried to roll an evil character but it was hard to be a lone warrior for evil.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj3YaVcOr2nEYN1oNvBdz...g8q7_cYGbw]
"I'm looking for a very hard man to find." "Wa'do?"
- A conversation between Sul'Ji and the cut throat Kairam
PM
(11-07-2013, 03:25 PM)Zhaei Wrote:
Quote:First off, I ask my handy staff of FHs and GMs if this idea would fly in the first place. Would the Burning Legion even be the type to have these small subgroups?

Yes, it works. It was done (before your time, I think) by Rosencrat --> Psycho/Fortwit with the Hand of Sargeras, and it created some great RP in its prime. This sort of loose thing is what CotH needs right now, if you pull it off.

Edit: WoW is easily pants on head enough to play an 'evil for the sake of it', by the way.

rip in pieces sangreala you crazy biddy

Also don't forget the Argus Wake, which was the predecessor of Hand of Sargeras and likely the most successful (probably TOO successful given how it created a black hole for all good/neutral guilds to gang up against) villain guild CotH ever had in my experience.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I, being the oldie I am, will wave an evil flag for the Heretic Circus and Sagi Nightwhisper. Oh ye, that got me into my heroics.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like c0rzilla's post:
  • FlyingSquirrel, Delta, flammos200, Esthrunil
PM
Also remember, you don't have to go for world domination. Sometimes small goals are good too!
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Cressy's post:
  • JVNemesis, Xigo
PM
I am supportive of an evil guild. I've seen plenty, participated in a few, and led one, but often times finding RP for pure evil without hero players stomping on them before they get far can be very frustrating. Otherwise, though, villainy is fantastic to RP out.

As for the Legion idea, I'll get back to you on that.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ImagenAshyun's post:
  • muhaha8
I got an evil character for you. Perhaps you know him? The man behind Bump in the Night. He forces people through there darkest nightmares in order to 'better' them. In his mind, he's a savior. But to his victims? Ask them.
PM
(11-07-2013, 03:50 PM)Valicor Wrote: Food for thought.

c0rzilla Wrote:If you want something to fight against, I offer my (tiny) guild, Thornsong Coven. And buddies.

Roux's been doing good in Duskwood and recently overcame one threat.

When you've done more thinking, send me some questions and ideas.

Consider the Coven. Add the joining forces of sparse paladins/priests, possibly the Argent Crusade, and even such a long reach as maybe making some Demon Hunters active.

Just food for thought. Chances are I'll be developing this idea fully, butttttt;

More people, give me feedback. I want to hear from all corners of the community (GMs, this means you too! Having this kind of group could require lots of demon NPCs and DMs by your GMly powers. What do you think?)
That moment when I have an approved Demon Hunter, waiting for some love.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:

i am sea-bass
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 502 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 486 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra