08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2656
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85264
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2224
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Evil Guild (Read more Inside!)
That moment when I attempt to make a villainous guild to give all of CotH's characters some love.

Everybody-- EVERYBODY has wanted to be evil at one point or another, but it's just not easy. Here I am, preparing to solve that problem. <3
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Valicor's post:
  • c0rzilla
PM
Have an Evil Kitten, Valicor.

[Image: h555964D0]
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
I shall take this kitten and the support of my evil brethren and ride to the red dawn horizon of VICTORY.

Oh yes, this is going to happen. When and where I am unsure....
But it shall happen!

*EDIT-

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
Ooh, I can be evil! I can be hacky-slashy-giggly-laughy evil!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
That's my job.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_m00qfdoBWr1qd87hlo1_500.gif]

i am sea-bass
PM
And I could be the guy that fights evil, then is convinced evil actually has the right intentions and then fights FOR evil!
PM
I tried an evil character once and it was terrible :|
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(11-07-2013, 09:54 PM)CappnRob Wrote: I tried an evil character once and it was terrible :|

Don't worry, with all of your heroic types, there will be plenty for these folks to predate on.

c:<
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
Shush Geoni you only play karmic buttmonkey victims specifically to ire us herosparkle dumbasses :C
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I'm definitely interested in this. I can supply Alariel to the guild.

PM
There are many types of evil one can go for.

Most expect the artless. The unrefined. The mercenary. The brute. That which is evil through sheer force and hatred, through overt evil deeds, in plain sight that scream 'BEHOLD!'. But I believe this can be done quite well, with another approach. A more subversive and insidious evil. An evil that knows it is evil, and can argue its way back and forth and justify itself in full. Certainly, villains who believe they are doing the right thing are a feat in their own right, but...

What if you could have a villain who knows they are evil, and do it regardless. Not for some petty reason like vengeance or jealousy. But for a loftier goal. Perhaps they see their place in the universe to be the villain? Perhaps they wish to enlighten a world of Azeroth, ever so full of heroes and black-and-white morality, of the legitimacy of a darker path? Perhaps they are merely the mouthpiece of an ineffable abomination from beyond the stars.

Either way, intelligent evil is the way you want to go, I'd think, if you wish to rival the legendary Heretic Circus of yore, that which effectively took over the entire RP on the server in such a short span of time, ending up with multiple raids of RPers all active at the same time. It was nothing short of glorious. But I am not so drunk on nostalgia that I would believe such heights cannot be reached again.

Say one of your head Villains meets one of the Heroes on some neutral town's turf, where obviously they cannot fight. You'll want to be able to hold an outstanding Good vs Evil chat. Or discuss the philosophy behind your ideology. Convince others why darkness is in the right, and you will have more support than you would believe possible.

Of course, these are all suggestions - but unlike the brutish and artless, they are ones that have managed to touch the entirety of the server, not just select groups, guilds or factions.

Either way, I hope you succeed.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
[-] The following 4 users Like flammos200's post:
  • Roxas65, c0rzilla, Vladdy, Geoni
PM
I wonder if a DH could fall from his path. Have some what of a 'Sargeras moment' where he comes to believe that he can't beat evil and so he decides that if he can't beat em, join em.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRj3YaVcOr2nEYN1oNvBdz...g8q7_cYGbw]
"I'm looking for a very hard man to find." "Wa'do?"
- A conversation between Sul'Ji and the cut throat Kairam
PM
Or pull an Arthas and go 'well I'm convinced. Let's be evil!"
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
(11-07-2013, 05:42 PM)Cressy Wrote: Also remember, you don't have to go for world domination. Sometimes small goals are good too!

I disagree with this. If you're evil and powerful, the best thing to do would be to conquer the world. Aren't I right, Bison?
Spoiler:

In all seriousness, though. During the time I was active I saw a number of evil guilds and I, much like Flammos does, fondly remember the Heretic Circus. Not only was it a kick ass name for an evil guild, it had some good players to back it up. But what made the Heretic Circus so great was its presence. Whenever something was going on, there was always a member of the Heretic Circus there to make the day even worse and few characters hadn't heard the whispers about the Heretic Circus in the taverns of Azeroth. I even remember an RP session that turned into outright rumor mongering about some of the more prominent members of the guild.

We're talking about a guild that was so great, so deliciously evil and with such presence that just about every. single. goddamn. hero at one point raided the Heretic Circus headquarters all at once.

Where am I going with this nostalgic rant? Evil guilds have -MASSIVE- potential and if they're done right it's something that roleplayers remember for years.

People just love to be evil.
Spoiler:
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
(11-07-2013, 03:25 PM)Zhaei Wrote: pants on head

Spoiler:
[Image: 2zyx2ck.png]

yes
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 503 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 488 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra