08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2644
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85239
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2209
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3394

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Interest Check: Starter Area Re-enactments
I was thinking how some of the areas are really empty and haven't been fleshed out yet. Especially the new Cataclysm Areas. There's SO MUCH potential to be done there and so many events can be done.

I remember having quite a lot of fun with server events in CoTH, especially the week-long sieges with day-to-day progression and intermittent camp RP of acting injured or gathering provisions, or the PVE City defenses fighting alongside everyone (And that one paladin at the front lines who always shouts 'FOR THE LIGHT!') We used to run Stromgarde while Orcs harass the farms and stuff. And also the Echo Isles event where we lasted day by day trying to take the islands while poison and plague hounded us at night in the camps. Heck, even the Sin'Sholai was great RP.

So how about a couple of us start of with the basics and do a retelling of the Cataclysm Events? Especially how the Goblins and the Worgen got into the Horde and Alliance? I already have a Goblin. I was thinking how about we roleplay out trying to survive in the Lost Isles before being able to escape and land on Orgrimmar? It'll progress a few days as we pass through the Lost Isles inch by inch, with dangerous NPCs along the way and camp RP in between them. Meanwhile, something similar for the Worgen too, eventually uniting Gilneas again into one ship-shape nation as the Forsaken looms in. What did your Worgen do during their civil war? How about your goblin? How did he end up on the shores of Kalimdor (Assuming you're a Bildgewater?) Heck, I'm pretty sure even humans and dwarves can tag along the Worgen events and Orcs and trolls could have been part of the ships that washed a shore during the naval engagement.

Heh. Really got motivated to RP again for some reason.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
[-] The following 7 users Like Diethe's post:
  • Kira13, Maulbane, Whorak, Valicor, Thoradin, Kage, Vladdy
PM
I remember this was proposed a while ago by a GM with massive support from the players, but it seems to have kind of just puffed into nothing. Hopefully this thread makes it into an actual something!

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
PM
Color me interested in this! Now I can have my worgen who actually fought off a worgen and ran! Sounds like fun!
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
PM
I too would be interested in either Goblin or Worgen.
CappnRob is actually doing this for the human starter area, Northshire. I don't think he's re-enacting each quest to the letter, but he's trying to fend the Blackrock orcs off. An issue you might have is getting people on for that "camp" RP in between the key events. These days, people do events, then disperse.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Nah, there's always possibility of Camp RP; with the sense of the main event of the day being over and everyone is left to their own. But yeah, something like that. Would be fun.
Main Characters:

PM
(09-26-2013, 01:34 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: CappnRob is actually doing this for the human starter area, Northshire. I don't think he's re-enacting each quest to the letter, but he's trying to fend the Blackrock orcs off. An issue you might have is getting people on for that "camp" RP in between the key events. These days, people do events, then disperse.

I can, unfortunately, attest to this.

Tol Barad, though heavy with activity during the events, is a Ghost Town afterwards. Even with -all- of the Peninsula set up with RP, Horde and Alliance, no one really RP's there in between events. Which is a shame because the reason I am even doing the votes is so that people would feel more... I don't know, attached? Maybe like they want to invest in it because they got to choose the location of the events and whatnot? Foolish was I to think that.

But it would still be neat to do the Goblin Starter. The Worgen one would be balls-to-the-wall difficult because of the absolute insane amount of phasing there is in Gilneas. Most of which are broken beyond belief, I believe.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Yeah, I was thinking about having this big idea called "RETELLINGS" which re-enact big events or battles not only just for Cataclysm but also some big battles that occured in the past. Might sound ambitious and yeah I guess we can start off with Cataclysm, but I would imagine having lots of fun there doing lore events with a lot of people.
Main Characters:

PM
Reminds me of something I tried to start a while back. IT was met with not a lot of people liking it though. http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Worgen
PM
This idea could be further extended, even. Re-tell the stories as they're written in lore, enacting them in an event, but have it leave an impact. If something crazy or different happens in the events, then have it impact the lore of CotH. Thoughts of this?
(Yes, I know it's entirely insane and a workload to alter lore, but I still think it's a great idea to have character-impacted history.)
[Image: 4ab673a110e5324a7acf57e330a6c8eb.jpg]
PM
http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Server_Lore

And we'll finally be able to update this! Hah. I'm actually up for updating the wiki. Heck, Tol Barad should be in there. We could have like our own server timeline with events posted in timeline order even if we start with the latest (Tol Barad). The retellings would also be included.
Main Characters:

PM
(09-25-2013, 09:40 PM)Maulbane Wrote: I remember this was proposed a while ago by a GM with massive support from the players, but it seems to have kind of just puffed into nothing. Hopefully this thread makes it into an actual something!

Actually, that was me, and sadly I'm not a GM!

As for the interest check, it was just that: an interest check.

I have full plans to do this, too, but like c0r said I've been busy with Northshire lately, though it's almost completed. We do lack camp RP, but that's because there isn't much camp RP to do in Northshire. Eh.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: Forum/Skype RP Geoni 15 502 01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
Last Post: SoarTheSky
  Sin Sholai 2: The Blood Pact Reborn ( Interest Check ) ThePharaoh 14 487 01-17-2015, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  Interest Check: The Terrific Travelling Troupe Geoni 5 173 12-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Interest Check: Red Glove ImagenAshyun 4 223 03-14-2014, 05:35 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Interest Check: Ranger Guild! Ruibarra 9 272 03-11-2014, 07:58 PM
Last Post: Ruibarra