08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 356
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2615
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85210
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2197
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3392

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Keira Shadowstar (Kaldorei Druid(Slight rewrite)
Player: Maarten777

Character Full Name: Keira Shadowstar

Character In-Game Name: Keira

Nickname(s): None yet

Association(s): Astranaar, Darnassus

Race: Night Elf

Class: Druid

Skills and Abilities: Capable of taking care of herself in most situations and a great cook. As Keira is a druid in training she lacks many of the abilities belonging to the Druid class.

Sex: Female

Hair: Long and green, falling past her shoulders.

Eyes: Silver colored.

Weight: 93kg

Height: 1.90 meter

Scale: 0.94

Usual Garments/Armor: Keira is usually found in a green leather set when training or relaxing just after a training session. Should she not be training or resting from a training session she is found in either a green kilt and green top or in green pants and a different green top. Either way, she’s dressed in green.

Other: She talks in her sleep.

Personality: Despite Keira being a Night Elf, a more strong willed and tough race, she has always been different. She has always been quiet and rather awkward in social enviroments. She often stutters in a conversation and just doesn't know what to say a lot of times. Keira is more a pacifist in nature rather than a warrior, always looking for a peaceful solution. However, should her life or the life of one of her friends be in danger, she can prove herself a fierce warrior. Even when she trusts someone enough and dares to speak up, she remains rather quiet.

History: She was born in a small house near Astranaar twenty years ago, as the daughter to a powerful druid and a sentinel. She lived a simple life for most of the time. Her mother began training her in the use of weapons. She wasn’t skilled with any weapons aside from a staff. Her father was rarely around, being in the Emerald Dream most of the time. The few times he was around they spent a lot of time together.

One of those few times he was around he took Keira to bed. On this particular night, he overheard her talking in her sleep. Her father heard Keira talking about her wanting to become a druid, like her father. The next day her father called Keira towards him and, without anyone else ever learning of it, he began teaching her in some of the simpler Druidic philosophies. This was one of Keira’s happiest moments of her life.

When Keira turned three hundred-and-two, her father and sister were called to the front lines of war, leaving her behind under guidance of her mother. Patrols were forced to increase due to the possible danger and as a result Keira’s mother was away from home more and more. In these troubling times Keira started taking care of herself, getting help from other women in Astranaar. They taught her how to cook and to hunt. She never did like to harm or kill an animal, not even one as small as a mouse.

Shortly after the war, her father returned to her home but her sister never came back, too busy with the war against the Orcs and eventual demise. Learning of how women were now allowed to become druids, Keira decided to follow in her father's footsteps. The lessons her father taught her she kept close to her heart and always in her mind.

After a few years, Keira's father decided she was old enough and took her to enter the Emerald Dream. In the Dream she learned her first shapeshift form, the Cat form. It's still new to her and she is still getting used to it and battling against the more feral side of her new form.

Recently, the world shattered. The destruction was felt by everyone across Azeroth. The mayhem caused by Deathwing has put her more on edge than ever before, the volcano in Ashenvale and the Orcish invasion are not helping the matters.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
PM
Just something to note-

Quote:Personality: A rather shy girl, often stuttering, especially when talking to strangers. She is easily intimidated, even by those smaller than herself, however, should her life or the life of her friends be threatened she can easily prove herself a fierce warrior. When she trusts someone enough she will speak up a bit but otherwise remains rather quiet.

Any particular reason why Keira's this shy? In Kal'dorei society, night elven women are raised to be strong willed and tough. Even night elven men, who are more domestic and soft spoken, are not very "shy" culturally as they're expected to be wise and insightful.

This isn't to say Keira -can't- be shy, but given the conservative and traditional nature of Night Elf society we would like an explanation as to why she's come out this way in an environment that would not raise her that way.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CappnRob's post:
  • Rini
Updated the personalities section to hopefully be good now. (Also changed color cause green is better)
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
PM
Alrighty. There's a few changes that need to be made - I'm aware that the character has been RPed like this in the past, but pre-approved does not mean re-approved.

Quote:Age: 20

Eyes: Amber colored.

No, sorry. Amber eyes are either found in newborns that have great destinies or power ahead of them - Illidan, for example - or accomplished and powerful druids, neither of which Keira is.

Quote:Personality: Despite Keira being a Night Elf, a more strong willed and tough race, she has always been different. She has always been shy and rather awkward in social enviroments. She often stutters in a conversation and just doesn't know what to say a lot of times. Keira is rather easily intimidated, both by those bigger and those smallr than herself. However, should her life or the life of one of her friends be in danger, she can prove herself a fierce warrior. Even when she trusts someone enough and dares to speak up, she remains hesitant and rather quiet.

While it's not wrong to be different, there's a certain extent one can go to when differing from the racial norm - in the case of night elves, this is particularly stringent. Being quiet is fine, and stuttering occasionally is allowed, but being intimidated by others breaks a facet of the kaldorei that is simply too intrinsic to their psyche; one of the core themes of the race is their nobility and strength in the face of danger, big or small.

To clarify, I'm not saying night elves don't show fear - they do. What I'm saying is that there simply isn't a possibility of a night elf that finds a lot of things scary and shies away from them - the same way a tauren can't find nature icky, or a draenei can't find the Light frivolous.

Quote:Age: 20

Class: Druid

Planting the hefty tome in front of his son's lap, the venerable draenei paladin took a seat. Opening the holy book, he focused his gaze on his child and began to read, physical manifestations of his faith rising from the pages.

"It is today you learn the sanctified rites of the Holy Light, my child. You must understand the intricacies of compassion and altruism, master the concepts of vengeance and retribution, and comprehend what is it to be blessed of the Naaru."

"Dada!" the baby cried, drinking from his milk and squealing at the light show.

See how silly that is? Teaching a ~ten year old the ancient and sacred art of druidism is pretty much the same. This is the same power that was granted to the elves by Ysera to protect the very fabric of the world against the Burning Legion. Night Elves barely consider you adult at 300 - they wouldn't teach it to a ten year old, no matter how much a father wanted his daughter to be happy.

I suggest altering the age - it's silly to kill the whole concept by removing the class. Make her a few years above 300, and have her father teach her when she's around that age. That's still breaking social norms, but to a point we can allow.
[-] The following 5 users Like Zhaei's post:
  • Loxmardin, flammos200, Rini, Delta, CappnRob
PM
Keira has been approved before almost the exact way she was written above. Approved with amber eyes, her father teaching her the ways of druidism (minor things such as simple healing and minor root manipulation) and the shy personality. I have already rewritten the personality to be a bit more NElfy. The only difference in this profile compared to her old one is her surname and her father not being dead.

http://wiki.conquestofthehorde.com/Keira

Welcome to the pride!
PM
Remember that pre-approved does not automatically mean re-approved. We have a different set of forum helpers than we did when this was approved, so they're noticing different things. Putting it up for re-approval means getting it scrutinized again, just as any other profile would be.
[-] The following 4 users Like JVNemesis's post:
  • Zhaei, Loxmardin, Rini, CappnRob
PM
Updated personality and history.

Edit, forgot to add scale. My template is still outdated.

Welcome to the pride!
PM
Approved!

Wikified!
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Shyllisyr Voidstriker [Kaldorei Warrior][Red Dragonsworn] Absurdkoala 5 230 01-20-2015, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Geoni
  Ursilvar Frostthorn (Kaldorei Totemic Druid) Jhorend 3 211 01-06-2015, 10:04 AM
  Nyra Ten'Shelar [Kaldorei Techslayer] MstrCorvus 2 202 11-01-2014, 01:09 PM
  Sorley [Worgen][Druid] Reigen 4 205 10-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Miya (Draenei Shaman (Rewrite)) Maarten 8 431 09-16-2014, 06:21 PM