The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Krunch's Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Very well. I am what you would call an avid gamer, perhaps to such great extent that I may be called an addict. I enjoy the gameplay of the game over its lore, and its lore over its graphics. I don't really have much experience with roleplaying, I've done it a couple of times over different servers, so I know a bit about the basics, and I've roleplayed on a MoP WoW server recently, but roleplaying with only 2-3 other players on a server is not easy, especially when others are doing all they can to ruin your immersion.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in Romania, romanian being my primary language. That should not matter, however, because I am a fluent english speaker.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
You may think this is odd, but it was so long ago that I can't even remember. I know that I was looking for a good MMORPG, and somehow I found a private server's webpage. This is, so far, the only game I haven't managed to quit. I've quit it a few times, but it doesn't last more than 2-3 months.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
Well I was looking for a dedicated roleplay server, and I came across this. The only reason I went through with making an account on the forums and trying to gain access on the server is because the server is using the same patch as my WoW client. Not having to download another client is a good enough reason as any, I guess.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Adventure, mostly. I do enjoy tavern roleplay, but my favourites by far are custom adventures and dungeon crawls.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I would have to say that I have two favourite races, the orcs and the undead. Orcs because of their deep lore, their story of redemption, and the Horde warchief Thrall, which is probably my favourite character of the lore, along with Tirion Fordring. I also like the undead, albeit for a much shallower reason: I like their casting style. Speaking of casting, I also have two favourite classes, Warlocks and Shamans. Warlock because of the sheer roleplay options, this being a class that's both hated and revered among certain people, and Shaman because of their deep connection with the spirits and the elements.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Not much, I've been disappointed so many times that I've learned to not have any expectations. Still, it would be nice to have: A large enough playerbase that there's always someone to roleplay with, and mechanics that allow you to actually develop a roleplay story or an adventure. On most servers that's REALLY hard to accomplish.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Probably the fact that everyone has to be hand picked to be allowed access to the server. Even though I dislike it a bit for making me go through this time-consuming process to gain access to the server, and ultimately the possibility of being rejected, I still like the fact that it helps reduce griefers. Nobody likes those.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
I guess I could use a Mentor to guide me on the server, it's not easy learning the ropes alone.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
If you insist...
One misty night, at the local underground alchemy centre, a rogue had arrived. Taking off his faceguard he asks the vendor under his breath, almost muttering:
"I need your strongest poison, Talygos. I must kill an extremely illusive figure, and I cannot get nowhere near it. I can hit him with an arrow, but I need to be sure the poison I use will kill him, for I will not have a second chance. Money are not a problem.", he says, as he places a purse full of gold on the trader's table.
"Very well, then. Take a seat, and I shall recite you a tale, friend. Long ago, in a distant land, there was a beast known as Altruis. Created by the gods to serve as the protector of the Eternal Well in the Gleaming Forest, a fountain said to give health back to the ill, life back to the dead, and even immortality to the living.
The beast was linked to the forest's very soul, becoming more than just a protector. It became something resembling a mother, watching out for her children. Whenever a tree fell, the beast would hunt the ones that did it relentlessly, often taking their souls and imbuing them in the fallen trees, bringing them back to life. Whenever a tree was planted, the beast would send animals carrying fruits, plants and even wood from the trees that had fallen naturally to the benefactors. Soon enough, travelers started building homes around the forest. Eventually, a few close homes turned into a village named Haven. People gave to the forest, and the forest would give back. The people themselves had become protectors of the forest.
It all changed when an evil sorecer called Malkriess attempted to subdue the beast. Intent on making him his personal guardian, the sorecer used all his power to corrupt the beast. It was too strong for him, so the sorecer resorted to his very lifeforce in an attempt to tame it. The spell backfired, and his very soul was dragged into the beast, cursing it.
Although resistant to the curse at first, the corruption was starting to take over the beast. Since the beast's soul and the forest's soul were linked together, trees started falling, plants started wilting, and the animals were starting to draw their last breath. The villagers of Haven were not safe either, for their souls, too, became partly linked to the forest. Many were struggling as unspeakable agony was flowing through their veins. Men went to find the beast, but when they arrived there, it was too late. Altruis was drawing its last breaths. In a final act, they tried pushing the beast in the waters of the Eternal Well, hoping to cure it, along with all of the forest. But they did not know, the curse placed upon the beast was corrupting everything it touched.
As soon as Altruis fell in the water, the Eternal Well became the Deathwell, killing the beast. The villagers lasted for a few more minutes before they drew their last breath, and the forest almost turned to ashes, as if it had all burned.".
Talygos turns towards a locked chest on his shelf, out of which he pulls a vial of murky water.
"A drop of this will instantly kill him. Just make sure his body, and the bodies of any who touch him are properly disposed. I'd hate to have to burn up another city to cover my tracks." he says, then he handles the rogue his vial.
"This had better be as potent as you've described it."
"You have my word. I would not jest around with something as dangerous as Deathwell water."
"Thanks friend, you may have just saved me a ton of trouble.". As the rogue leaves the shop, Talygos turns to the chest on his shelf, looking inside it.
"Even corrupted, people just can't keep their hands off that well's water. I guess the water in the fountain isn't the only one reeking of death these days." he mumbles, as he locks the chest once again.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Well, there would be just one question. Will GM's create custom roleplay scenarios from time to time? Like server events or something?
Hello there, Krunch007! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

It happens that the GMs do that, to answer your question. They try to run events on the larger scale, like we're trying to do events out of the Cataclysm storyline and most recently we've had some activity with the Argent Crusade guild and a Defias Brotherhood storyline. Players run their own events, as well. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "custom roleplay scenarios", however!

Also; You'll receive a PM by your assigned Mentor as soon as one has been assigned to you. :) Expect one soon!

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin