05-19-2018 03:58 PM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 104
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Aethon
05-14-2018 08:43 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 3090
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98065
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 11:03 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 80736
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 10:57 PM
» Replies: 31
» Views: 38037

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

LARP
Meh, here's a few more LARP clips. 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRuLeZm6 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U5DA2PG ... re=related
PM
*jumped into the topic as soon as I saw the title*

LARP discussion? :3 Is it?

A GTA LARP sure does sound interesting. Not quite what I'd gladly join though due to personal preferences. I'm a Fantasy/Medieval LARPer, so I do prefer such scenarios before things like GTA.

Vampire LARPs are awesome as well.

*scoots*

EDIT: Oh man. I can tell how distand-minded I seem to be today. Please excuse my grammar for today.
PM
I'm an owner of a chapter of a larp called nero. It's a blast let me tell you. Theres nothin like sneakin through the forest and waylaying some poor sap and taking his loot. It's to bad I can't be as evil as I used to be. Anyways. If you have any questions on medieval boffer style larps feel free to shoot me a pm.
PM
TwilightDisciple Wrote:My friends and I are planning a Grand Theft Auto LARP.
We would've done it earlier, but we didn't want to freeze while wearing our wifebeaters and booty shorts.

I can't make this up.

That's actually pretty cool. The only LARP I've heard of are medieval style. How were you planning on doing the whole thing?

Krent Wrote:
nexusphere Wrote:Anyway, after about 15min talking about some silly drug, they started talking about something called LARP (Live-Action Role-Play), and it struck me at how much fun it looks!

Is that the episode where they reported on Salvia? If so....

nexusphere Wrote: some silly drug,

[Image: bebopreaction.jpg]

Yep, that's the one. I thought the name was silly... looks too much like Saliva...

*shivers*

Heroforgotten Wrote:My first and last LARP was going create. Me and my team had just raided some poor sap's castle (There was like ten of us vs eleven of them). We got to the throne room and just as I raised my sword one of the sap's mages hit me in the nuts with a fire ball. Well my pain was IC...but as you can guess it was OOC as well since the idiot used a woode ball instead of a foam one >.<

I read this during class and couldn't stop laughing until about midway through the class... The looks I was getting only made it worse. :mrgreen:

torstonearm Wrote:I'm an owner of a chapter of a larp called nero. It's a blast let me tell you. Theres nothin like sneakin through the forest and waylaying some poor sap and taking his loot. It's to bad I can't be as evil as I used to be. Anyways. If you have any questions on medieval boffer style larps feel free to shoot me a pm.

Is it based anywhere near the Boston, Massachusetts area? :D
PM
My particular chapter is in Detroit, MI. But there is a chapter in Boston. http://www.nerovolta.com/ Dere you go. Look like you just missed the May event but were in the up swing of the larp season so they'll probably have another next month.
PM
I've done unofficial LARP for years (i.e. 5-10 people without any real storyline in the woods), and recently joined a pirate LARP... if you're interested (and in the Boston area), it's in Kingston, right over the border of NH.

http://pirates.larp.com/
[Image: badge.jpg]
I am The Scourge - Play Free Online Games

[Image: badge.jpg]
I am Paladin - Play Free Online Games
PM
Quote:My friends and I are planning a Grand Theft Auto LARP.
We would've done it earlier, but we didn't want to freeze while wearing our wifebeaters and booty shorts

Do I have to bring my own strap? CASH FLOW POSSE SON WHAT
PM
Bishnak Wrote:
Quote:My friends and I are planning a Grand Theft Auto LARP.
We would've done it earlier, but we didn't want to freeze while wearing our wifebeaters and booty shorts

Do I have to bring my own strap? CASH FLOW POSSE SON WHAT

Hernando will be providing some glocks and AK-47s if you cant bring your own for whatever reason.
˜★Sketch Blog
I'd prefer a nine but will settle for the ol' duce duce if that's all your man's packin'.

Siv can RP as Buck, the toothless rockfiend coming by the spot at 9AM with his changejar looking to score.
PM
Oops, howd I miss this?

nexusphere Wrote:That's actually pretty cool. The only LARP I've heard of are medieval style. How were you planning on doing the whole thing?

VERY CAREFULLY.
˜★Sketch Blog
LAERP is best.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
PM
Jeff Wrote:LAERP is best.

Yes.
˜★Sketch Blog
*bump*(I think..)

I dunno if I could bring myself to actually LARP. I have wondered what it was like back in the medieval era but never actually could bare myself to LARP it. Plus, I didn't know about LARP until a buddy of mine threw me a tell on xfire saying something about LARPing and then linked me to a LARP site. I dunno. A part of me thinks its a total waste of time and couldn't take it seriously. But the RP side of me really wants to try it out. I dunno, I'm 14 years old and know of no such thing here around Texas. Other thing is exactly that. I'm 14 and I seriously doubt I could get into anything of the sort just to try it out. Plus, what the hell am I suppposed to tell my dad? "Hey I'm leaving to go LARP with some buddies."
Dad: "Wtf?"
Me: "<__>..Live Action Role Playing..?"

I don't really know what he'll say after that but..still. The gist is, I'd like to try it out but there are some obstacles in the way and above anything else, bringing myself to take it seriously. :\
PM
Larping is fun, I've been to the elf fantasy fair twice now, and some other larp festivals and got to say I had a great time. Whether you go costumed or not, it's still fun to walk around. *uploads pic of his larp outfit* That's me at the bottom Haha. Man, I love that barbarian outfit.

I eventually didn't take part in the epic battle going on, but it still was fun nonetheless. Just dress up in real life and be someone completely different for a day. Hell, you got a excuse to smack people on the head with latex weapons, what more do you want? *Grins widely at big axe in the corner of his room* LOL Shame it isn't more popular in the Netherlands, I'm still looking for a larp organisation.

I'd recommend you guys to take part in a larp event at least once in your life, just to try it out. I did, and man, it's great.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Don't know whether it counted as LARP but at the last gaming convention that was held in a small town near me, local thing not something big like the US guys do - something casual for tournys and whatnot. Anyway, if anyone is familiar with the Reaper's Game from TWEWY.

Yeah, we had a day where we'd get a mission to our mobiles at the start of every hour for 6 hours. Stuff like 'Make your way to the S near GSG', which turned out to a Sainbury's supermarket on Green Street Green or finding an item in the local park. Anyone who didn't make it in time for the next mission had to go back to the convention and there were people trying to misguide us with false (but some true) hints along the way. Was fun!
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Robes are for LARP and - DaveM 4 364 05-23-2010, 07:26 PM
Last Post: teege
  In Elgarin's Seat of Power [A LARP] Bovel 4 244 04-15-2010, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Bovel