08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2648
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85254
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2217
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Ladastilla [Night Elf]
Player: FlootsyGaz

Character Full Name: Ladastilla

Character In-Game Name: Ladastilla

Nickname(s): Lada

Association(s): Ebon Blade, Alliance, Former: Gilnean Liberation Front, Grey Militia, Outcasts, Scourge, Darnassus

Race: Night Elf

Class: Death Knight

Skills and Abilities:
Death Knight training: Due to her training by the Scourge she has a higher tolerance for pain.

Permanumbness: Because of her death she suffers from a lightly numbness from all her senses.

Alchemist: She knows how to brew basic healing potions, and perfumes. They smell nice, the perfumes that is.

Sex: Female

Hair: Bluish-white

Eyes: Death Knight Blue

Weight: 110 kg

Height: 2.05 Meters/6’9” feet

Usual Garments/Armor: She has two sets of armor. One is a dark blue/purple set of heavy Saronite armor adorned with skulls. The second a lighter set of blue-ish black plate. Both sets have runes etched into their gauntlets. They serve as typical Frost Death Knight runes meant to be used in case Ladastilla loses her weapon in combat.

Other: Two semi-circular scars on her abdomen, one above her left breast forming a line. A large faded bite mark on her left leg.

Alignment: Neutral Good

Personality: Keeping to herself, when entering a tavern she always chooses an isolated table and is never the one to initiate conversation unless the subject truly interests her. Her speech is blunt, too the point, and times crass. Though she does not pick up on this, making it awkward to talk to her at times. Her hatred and rage she directs mostly to herself. At times she fantasizes cutting ties, and isolate herself only to watch time go by from her private alcove believing at points that it isn’t worth it. Though she never does so. The only time her rage and anger comes it if someone jests at her expense, or current state of undeath. Though get to know her, and she becomes fiercely protective.

History: Ladastilla was born as Syslia Wildflower near Mount Hyjal to a priestess mother, and a father who was a fletcher for the Sentinels. Even as a baby she proved to be a handful, constantly wanting attention from her parents and crying out when she felt neglected. Growing up still her attitude didn't cool down. If she wanted to do something she did it, being stubborn and headstrong. It bit her eventually, spending several hours stuck in a tree until a Sentinel came looking for her after Syslia’s father went around asking where his daughter has gone. After the incident she cooled down, forcing herself to be patient.

After learning of the Sentinel’s legacy from her father she soon began asking to bring her with him every time he delivered arrows to them. Eventually she became such a regular visitor with her father that the Sentinels allowed her to spectate the training drills. Watching them, she soon decided that she wanted to be one.

Coming of age into a fine woman she joined the Sentinels as she wished, her parents proudly watching as she left to start training. It proved to be strenuous and demanding, but she refused to quit. The discipline, and the sense of sisterhood quelled her stubbornness, rather channeling her energy into her combat training. Graduating from her training, she fell in with the archer regiments and was soon patrolling the forests of her homeland.

For the next 250 years she guarded the forests, keeping balance against any threat against her peoples, though the times were peaceful and she let herself become complacent. Firing her bow was done during marksmen drills, and anything urgent was quickly resolved with no major issues. Then the orcs came.

The skirmishes between the two races proved to be trivial as the Legion came forth to attack. Riding alongside the humans and orcs she fought savagely against the the demons. Late in the battle a fel hound near bit off her leg, and she was found with it’s head still clamped around her left leg and her glaive covered with the hound’s blood. Awaking several hours after Archimonde’s death, she found her home was devastated, and her immortality gone.

The next few years she spent rebuilding her home, and fighting the Horde with the Alliance. But it never felt right, she distrusted the new races her people were now allied with, and the torments of the Hyjal battle still lingered in her memories. Though she pressed on, fighting in Lordaeron for a few more years with her sisters.

It wasn't until the return of plagued grain, and the undead did she realize what she wanted to do. Hearing of the Argent Dawn from the stationed Human garrison, she left the Sentinels on good terms with her sisters. Her years as a Sentinel drew the eyes of the recruiters and they accepted her. Now working closely with the other races of Azeroth, she slowly began to lose her racist demeanor. After several weeks of fighting against the advancing Scourge, it was brutal ambush that wiped out her group while they were patrolling in the Western Plaguelands.

Awaking in the Ebon Hold, she had no memory of who she was. All ties to her history culture gone, either wiped away or repressed. Instead now was the whispers and suggestions of her King. Taking up the name Ladastilla, and raising arms in the Lich King’s name she slaughtered and killed anything that stood in her path with her brothers-in-death.

After the battle of Light's Hope, Ladastilla was now free of Arthas’ grasp, and horrified of what she done. The slaughter and conversion of innocents into her and other’s ghouls for her bidding racked her with guilt. Not being able to face herself she submitted to the Ebon Blade, and soon disappeared.

Spending her time in Dalaran’s sewers she fought in the arena down below to distract her mind from her guilt, and to win coin. In an effort to feel more normal she started to eat food, and sleeping though both proved unfulfilling. Her time dead rotted her body enough that her senses were numbed. Food tasted bland, and sleep never felt rejuvenating. Using the coin she won in her fights she payed a local mage to teach her alchemy. For a year she learned the art of healing potions, trying them on herself to possibly return her to the side of the living. Incredibly desperate near the end of her tutelage she began mixing random herbs and weeds into potions in a vain and futile attempt to try and “live.”

Devastated by her failure she soon left, a mix of rage and depression welling and festering inside of her. Now wandering from tavern to tavern she soon joined mercenary companies, especially those that targeting the Scourge or Forsaken.

After the Cataclysm and the introduction of the Worgen into the alliance she made her way to Gilneas. Getting her wish, she fought fiercely against the undead along side the Worgen slowly learning to respect them. Eventually though her contract expired, packing up her things she took the boat back to Stormwind and went on her way again.
[Image: OTnr9.png]
PM
FlootsyGaz Wrote:Nickname(s): Lada, Stelly, Lyerla
Think you meant Lyeria here instead of Lyerla.

FlootsyGaz Wrote:Age: 377 (at death) / 342 (Current)
Think you meant: Age: 342 (at death) / 377 (Current)
DKs are the 'youngest' class I think, only 10 years old at max so you may wanna say either "Age:342 (at death) / 352 (or similar)(current)" or just "Age: 377"

Also correct me if I am wrong but I think all playable DKs were freed at Light's Hope Chapel.
I will not be forgotten. This is my time to shine. I've got the scars to prove it. Only the strong survive. I'm not afraid of dying. Everyone has their time. Life never favored weakness.

Welcome to the pride!
PM
I have bad eyesight and bad at math, wooo. Fixed.

I cannot edit posts on my phone. Okay then...
PM
Hey there, @FlootsyGaz! I saw in the OOC zone you mentioned your character had memory loss that caused her to forget her native tongue. Is this still in place?
PM
If it's a problem then I'll just retcon it.
PM
I would consider it something that should be retconned, yes. I would say it's impossible for her to have forgotten her native tongue she had spoken for hundred of years; she could have, however, forgotten Common! Amnesia is a funny thing: the cause is oftentimes similar to the cause of Dissociative Identity Disorder (split personalities), that cause generally being stress, trauma, or damage to the brain. What people forget when afflicted with amnesia is their name (which to them, they don't see as a problem one bit), their memories, and generally any secondary languages they had learned (however, these languages have been shown to bleed through be it in dreams, spontaneous conversation, or from a trigger). Their motor skills, literacy, and first language remains untouched 99% of the time, I'd say from what I learned.

If you have any questions concerning amnesia, don't be afraid to toss me a PM! I've had a family member who had a severe case of amnesia after a car accident and I ended up taking two years of psychology as a result. Grin2

Also, for future reference, please be certain to add points such as forgetting one's native tongue in future profles! It's rather important, I'd say!
PM
I took college level psyche for a year, and got the second best score in the state exams. I can't remember anything from it. My brain is great! I'll edit in fixes soon.
PM
Alrighty! (And I know that feeling, everything I had learned in years of math classes just went in one ear and out the other. Yeesh! xD)
PM
Quote:Awaking in the Ebon Hold, she had no memory of who she was. All ties to her history culture gone, either wiped away or repressed. Instead now was the whispers and suggestions of her King. Taking up the name Ladastilla, and raising arms in the Lich King’s name she slaughtered and killed anything that stood in her path with her brothers-in-death.

After the fall of Ice Crown, Ladastilla was now free of Arthas’ grasp, and horrified of what she done. The slaughter and conversion of innocents into her and other’s ghouls for her bidding racked her with guilt. Not being able to face herself she submitted to the Ebon Blade, and soon disappeared.

Has become

Quote:Awaking in the Ebon Hold, she had no memory of who she was. All ties to her history and culture gone, either wiped away or repressed. The only thing left was her native tongue, her ability to understand common gone. Instead now was the whispers and suggestions of her King. Regardless of the language he spoke, she knew exactly what he wanted and was only happy to serve. Donning the name Ladastilla, she took up arms against the Scourge’s foes, happily killing all those that stood before her.

After the fall of Ice Crown, Ladastilla was now free of Arthas’ grasp, and horrified of what she done. The slaughter and conversion of innocents into her and other’s ghouls for her bidding racked her with guilt. Her lack of identity, and direction only helping to fuel her confusion, and misery. Unable to overcome her guilts she submitted to the Ebon Blade, and soon disappeared.

Also I expanded the ending.

Quote:Devastated by her failure she soon left, a mix of rage and depression welling and festering inside of her. Now wandering from tavern to tavern she soon joined mercenary companies, especially those that targeting the Scourge or Forsaken.
PM
It looks like a good fix, and from what I read, the history's good! It was a fun read. However, I'd like to ask that you expand a tiny bit on how she found out about the Argent Crusade (be it word of mouth or via a traveling recruiter, what ever you have in mind!) and briefly touch up on her involvement with the Gilnean Liberation Front you have in her associations. Also, if you want her to have remembered Common, that's perfectly fine if you find it much easier for you to roleplay or to your preference! I hadn't meant to make it sound like you were forced to forget Common, so I hope you don't feel that way!
PM
Quote:It wasn’t until the return of plagued grain, and the horde of undead did she realize what she wanted to do. Hearing of the Argent Dawn, she left the Sentinels on good terms with her sisters. Her years as a Sentinel drew the eyes of the recruiters and they accepted her. Now working with the other races of Azeroth, she slowly began to lose her racist demeanor. After several weeks of fighting against the advancing Scourge, it was brutal ambush that wiped out her group.

To

Quote:It wasn't until the return of plagued grain, and the return of he undead did she realize what she wanted to do. Hearing of the Argent Dawn from the stationed Human garrison, she left the Sentinels on good terms with her sisters. Her years as a Sentinel drew the eyes of the recruiters and they accepted her. Now working with the other races of Azeroth, she slowly began to lose her racist demeanor. After several weeks of fighting against the advancing Scourge, it was brutal ambush that wiped out her group.

added

Quote:After the Cataclysm and the introduction of the Worgen into the alliance she made her way to Gilneas. Getting her wish, she fought fiercely against the undead along side the Worgen. Slowly learning to respect them. Eventually though her contract expired, packing up her things she took the boat back to Stormwind and went on her way again.
PM
Alright! Everything looks good, but what's left to be done is a few fixes with sentences and the like. The early history's great, major kudos to you.

Here's a few structural changes I'd like to see!

Spoiler:
Quote:Usual Garments/Armor:
Dark blue/purple saronite armor adorned with skulls

Other:
Two semi-circle scars on her abdomen, and above her left breast.
A large faded bite mark on her left leg.

Should be like:

Quote:Usual Garments/Armor: She wears dark blue/purple saronite armor adorned with skulls.

Other: Two semi-circle scars are on her abdomen, and one is above her left breast. A large faded bite mark is located on her left leg.

I also added a few words in to make them complete sentences. The length itself is perfectly fine, though!

These two sentences should be combined:

Quote:Getting her wish, she fought fiercely against the undead along side the Worgen. Slowly learning to respect them.

After these fixes are up, it's all good to go!

EDIT: One last thing!

Quote:After the fall of Ice Crown, Ladastilla was now free of Arthas’ grasp, and horrified of what she done.

Death Knights were freed from Arthas's grasp at the Battle of Light's Hope Chapel.
PM
Alright. I made the changes you recommended. I also added some details to the armor/garments section.
PM
Quote:Usual Garments/Armor: She has two sets of armor. One is a dark blue/purple set of heavy Saronite armor adorned with skulls. The second a lighter set of blue-ish black plate. Both sets of armor have runes etched on the gauntlets.

Do these runes serve any purpose? If so, would you mind briefly explaining what they do? :D
PM
They're regular frost runes. Nothing special about them. She has them on her sword and gauntlets incase she per say, looses her sword in combat.
PM