08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2656
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85264
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2224
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Ladastilla [Night Elf]
(09-11-2013, 12:20 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: They're regular frost runes. Nothing special about them. She has them on her sword and gauntlets incase she per say, looses her sword in combat.

Runeforging only works on weapons, unfortunately!
PM
Oh, alright then. I'll just get rid of it.
[Image: OTnr9.png]
PM
(09-11-2013, 12:31 PM)Rini Wrote:
(09-11-2013, 12:20 PM)FlootsyGaz Wrote: They're regular frost runes. Nothing special about them. She has them on her sword and gauntlets incase she per say, looses her sword in combat.

Runeforging only works on weapons, unfortunately!

Actually, there was a bit of confusion on my part as well as a few others'!

Runeforging is allowed on armour, sorry about that!
PM
Rini!:( I'll edit in those details back.
PM
Howdy doodle. I have just a few quibbles to be unquibbled. To work!

Quote:Stelly, Lyeria

I'm having a hard time believing someone fitting Ladastilla's personality description would tolerate being called Stelly. Could you add some clarification to this one, please? Lyeria is also mentioned here but not anywhere else - as it's not a bastardization of her full name, could you do the same for this?

Quote:Age: 377 (at death) / 382 (Current)

Death Knights have to have died 3 years ago; they died at the start of Wrath of the Lich King, not in the Third War like the Forsaken and much of the Scourge. This mistake is also present in the History: simply change it to say she spent a few more years fighting in Lordaeron, then died and was raised.

Quote:constantly wanting attention from her parents and crying out when she felt neglected

This won't fly, I'm afraid. Night elves are not the type to cry out for attention -- even when they do want something, they would never cry for it; they're a noble, stoic people who, even as children, care a lot about their outward appearances. Similarly, they're also rather solitary, and wanting company so much isn't really something a night elf would feel.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
(09-12-2013, 09:26 AM)Zhaei Wrote:
Quote:constantly wanting attention from her parents and crying out when she felt neglected

This won't fly, I'm afraid. Night elves are not the type to cry out for attention -- even when they do want something, they would never cry for it; they're a noble, stoic people who, even as children, care a lot about their outward appearances. Similarly, they're also rather solitary, and wanting company so much isn't really something a night elf would feel.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this seems like an incredible generalization. Ladastilla, at the time, is a baby. Babies, no matter what race they are, cry out for attention. It doesn't matter if they're stoic, or if they're cowards, or what. It's the natural way to get attention and attention is something all baby's desire. Furthermore, at the age when one is physically a baby, they do not have the ability to ask for attention in any other way. Especially with the slower mental growth of Night Elves, it would be incredible for a Night Elf to be able to talk before the age of 5. No matter how 'stoic' or 'noble' a race is, the babies are going to cry. That's only natural.
PM
... Managed to miss that she was a baby at that point. I thought she was a child. My bad! Either way, the subsequent part about her attitude not changing when she grew up a bit still applies.
PM
Is it alright if I just get rid of Lyeria? It wasn't a nickname, but more of fake name she used. She doesn't use it anymore, nor does anyone call her Stelly anymore either.
PM
Yep, that's perfectly fine.
PM
Alright, edited the first paragraph:

Quote:Ladastilla was born as Syslia Wildflower near Mount Hyjal to a priestess mother, and a father who was a fletcher for the Sentinels. Even as a baby she proved to be a handful, constantly wanting attention from her parents and crying out when she felt neglected. Growing up still her attitude didn't cool down. If she wanted to do something she did it, being stubborn and headstrong. It bit her eventually, spending several hours stuck in a tree until a Sentinel came looking for her after Syslia’s father went around asking where his daughter has gone. After the incident she cooled down, forcing herself to be patient.

Quote:The next few years she spent rebuilding her home, and fighting the Horde with the Alliance. But it never felt right, she distrusted the new races her people were now allied with, and the torments of the Hyjal battle still lingered in her memories. Though she pressed on, fighting in Lordaeron for a few more years with her sisters.

How's that?
PM
One last thing, for clarification purposes!

Quote:Permanumbness: Because of her death she suffers from a lightly numbness from all her senses from when she was a corpse in the snow.

Quote:After several weeks of fighting against the advancing Scourge, it was brutal ambush that wiped out her group.
Quote:Awaking in the Ebon Hold, she had no memory of who she was.
Quote:After the battle of Light's Hope, Ladastilla was now free of Arthas’ grasp, and horrified of what she done.

At what time was she a corpse in the snow? Where did she die, exactly? Please mention this in your profile and you should be good to go!
PM
Whoops. I'll omit the snow part, that's a remnant of an earlier retconned history when I was working on her profile.

added this too

Quote:It wasn't until the return of plagued grain, and the undead did she realize what she wanted to do. Hearing of the Argent Dawn from the stationed Human garrison, she left the Sentinels on good terms with her sisters. Her years as a Sentinel drew the eyes of the recruiters and they accepted her. Now working closely with the other races of Azeroth, she slowly began to lose her racist demeanor. After several weeks of fighting against the advancing Scourge, it was brutal ambush that wiped out her group while they were patrolling in the Western Plaguelands.
PM
Approved [Pending Gruntship]!
PM
Wikified!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM