Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Geoni
12-11-2017 06:36 AM
» Replies: 28
» Views: 37055
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97256
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 40056
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31556
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25568

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Movies to watch while the server is down... ^_^
... Well, I had written a nice long paragraph, but since people commented before I posted, but after I started writing, and I clicked another link after pressing the "Submit" button because I thought it would post, not bring up the "Do you still want to post this?" or whatever page, it didn't post... Sigh... In short, I love the Princess Bride, Get Smart might be a good one to go see, and Hayao Miyazaki rocks. Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, Kiki's Delivery Service, Totoro, Castle in the Sky, Howl's Moving Castle, Spirited Away, etc... All good movies, especially Howl's Moving Castle. Totoro is a good movie to watch when you're sick. ~_~' Sorry, that would have had more energy and all that jazz, but I just didn't feel like writing it the same way again.
PM
Oh lawd, I love Miyazaki movies! Within the past month I have watched spirited away like seven times on my ipod.
PM
Equilibrium.

This movie is pretty good, though not very popular for reasons I can't quite figure out (in my area, in any case). It's a movie set in the not-too-distant future, where the last surviving humans have eliminated the source of man's inhumanity to man-His emotion. They take drugs to suppress all emotion, and all things that cause it have been outlawed (music, paintings, etc.). A new group inforces these laws, the Clerics of the Tetragrammaton. One of these, John Preston, is the main character of the movie.

Nifty gunplay, good story, stars Christian Bale and some other folks. PG-13, if memory serves.
PM
There are a lot of good movie suggestions in this thread. Time for me to flaunt my pretentious indie colors and throw out some movies barely anyone has ever seen, ever.

Forbidden Zone - You kids like the Nightmare Before Christmas and all of the Tim Burton stuff, right? Well, the dood that does all the music for it (Danny Elfman) made his own movie! Fact is, it stars the MYSTIC KNIGHTS OF OINGO BOINGO, and is a complete psychedelic romp through absolute black and white insanity. It's strange, it's deranged, it's musical, and it'll make you go "WTF" many a times. Mature audiences only - this stuff is loaded with all sorts of bad, bad things that will probably haunt you. Some people might even find it offensive...but that's only if they make the mistake of taking the movie seriously.

Clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP_xIJFZaoY

Throw Away Your Books and Rally In The Streets - Probably the best Japanese film I've ever seen to date. It's a surrealist punk film that manages to capture the beautiful side of complete youthful rebellion. The film is so powerful in the fact that it is completely anti-everything that many perceive Japan to be. It has a strong anti-globalization and traditional message, divulges into philosophical monologues, and utilizes some of the best cinematography ever. Though it also manages to be one of the most disturbing films I've seen yet, with some real gut-wrenching scenes that just leaves ya feeling violated in a way. MAJOR warning on this one. Lots of naked asians, acts of crazy anarchy, portrayals of deranged sexuality, and drug-inspired camera divulges that will shatter the mentality of anyone under the age of 18. Hell, it'll probably be a total mind-job to anyone above that age.

The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou - A very funny Bill Murray movie that I find gets overlooked a lot. It has a real dry style of humor and tells a very good plot. If you like the doods that made The Royal Tenebaums and just enjoy a very slick, modernist approach to humor...check this one out. Also has some very beautiful moments that just make ya go "Dawwww...."

Repo Man - One of the best, if not THE best, American Punk film I've ever seen EVER. It captures the total spirit of the 80's punk movement, making strong strides against consumerist culture and just generally flipping the bird to everything about our society. It follows the story of a young American good-for-nothing white suburban punk on a crazy journey that involves all sorts of extremely weird things. Aliens, Government conspiracies, asshole friends, dudes with guns, and of course....you're friendly neighborhood Repo Men. All to one of the most bangin' classic punk sound track ever put together.Minor warning: lots of profanity, but not much else.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=554AX4l1tmw

Cannibal! The Musical - Like South Park? This was the first movie that the guys who created it (Trey Parker and Matt Stone) made. This was the film that allowed them to get their break into media production. Brought by the leet dudes of Troma (Toxic Avenger, Class of Nuke 'em High, Tromeo and Juliet), this is an ultra-gorey musical film that has some great divulges of humor. Must see for any fan of South Park. If you like this one, I'd suggest checking out Orgasmo and Baseketball too. Warning for lots of gore and major profanity. It's a Troma film, folks.

Clip: Snowman song! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ1ZOFNBL68

Fear of a Black Hat - A movie that follows the same formula of This Is Spinal Tap, only instead of rock music it chronicles the endeavors of the gangster rap group N.W.H (same as N.W.A....but with Hats!) in their rise in the 90's. It's somewhat like CB4 but packs a much stronger punch and in my opinion was a lot funnier. Great parody of the whole 1990's gangster rap scene. Warning. Blah blah profanity blah blah nudity blah blah really crazily weird. Mature audiences only.

Those should keep anyone good for a nice long while. Happy viewin'!
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
PM
Uhhh.

The Highschool Musical Collection!
Hairspray"You cant stop my happiness 'cause i like the way i am and you just can't stop my knife and fork when i see a Christmas ham!"
The Full Metal Alchemist Movie
American Beauty
The Castle (Australian Film. Woot.)
The Sex and the City Movie

My taste in movies is the same as a 16 year-old teen girl.. Oh well.
[Image: Untitled-332.png]
PM
I love Anchorman!

I swear down i've seen it like 20 times alone while i've been Afghanistan.
I LOVE IT!

Though high school musical does get me to sing along.
I love singing.
But love to me is. When we are parted, we each feel the lack of the other half of ourselves. We are incomplete like a book in two volumes of which the first has been lost. That is what I think, to me, love is: incompleteness in absence.
:// I love her
PM
Shaun of the dead

Whats not to love!
PM
Rakkezai Wrote:The Lion King- I love this movie. I can't quite explain it, but it's allure has held me for years. Not that I'm some sort of obsessive, or anything. *nervous chuckle*. Sort of a kid's version of Hamlet, I suppose, without everyone dying at the end.

...And without random outbursts involving being, not being, and nunneries.

But yeah. Lion King... So awesome. Movies I'd recommend? Hrm... Any Tim Burton. Man's a genius. Add in Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter and... <3 AMAZING. Sweeny Todd was absolutely wonderful. Not really a child's movie, though. *coughCANNIBALISMcough*
...Except for the recent Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie. MILES behind the original.
PM
For my two cents I Love Shawshank Redemption
Oh so I have been on a movie binge since...I have no where to RP...And my soaps have been kind of dry...

!!!

Full Metal Jacket- I love this movie. Not recommended for small children...:]

Donnie Darko-Come on. Frank the Bunny is amazing. That entire movie is amazing.

The Jacket - Man...This one is like Donnie Darko and Fight Club where it makes you go..."Wait a second!" at the very end. I love this movie.

Hedwig And the Angry Inch - All I have to say is....Fabulous. :]

BASEketball - Seriously, the makers of South Park made this movie, and every single time I watch it I swear it gets funnier. :]

Tenacious D and the Pick of Destiny - ...This movie just makes me smile. :] Its a movie musical for rockers..!

Those are the ones I watched.. >> If I watch more I will post more..

All amazing movies. :]
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
PM
First of All I would suggest From Dusk Till Dawn the only Vampire Flick I ever liked. And Second I'd like to say Donnie Darko? That movie was so confusing to watch for me. At the end of that movie I had like no response or emotion other than "Woa... What Just Happened?" Though Frank the Bunny was pretty funny...
PM
Krent, for even mentioning the Life Aquatic, you're my new best fwiend.

Klaus, you're on A-team now!
PM
Rakkezai Wrote:Equilibrium.

This movie is pretty good, though not very popular for reasons I can't quite figure out (in my area, in any case). It's a movie set in the not-too-distant future, where the last surviving humans have eliminated the source of man's inhumanity to man-His emotion. They take drugs to suppress all emotion, and all things that cause it have been outlawed (music, paintings, etc.). A new group inforces these laws, the Clerics of the Tetragrammaton. One of these, John Preston, is the main character of the movie.

Nifty gunplay, good story, stars Christian Bale and some other folks. PG-13, if memory serves.

Reminded me of the Matrix. At first I thought it was a cheap rip-off of it and refused to watch it. Then one day I was lazing about bored and decided to pop it in. The first 30 minutes or so of watching, I thought: "They ripped off the Matrix, big whoop."
Then, further into it, I realized what was going on. It's a far more intellectual movie than the Matrix and is less into the Robot Anarchy thing. It's a R movie though, I had to check my DVD copy.
ಠ_ಠ : Like Fo Fi Cops.
PM
I went and watched Repo man, the ending blew my mind.

Intense.

Saw Fight Club too, great movie, had to watch it twice.

Oh, Equilibrium is a great movie, I actually prefer to watch that than Matrix, at least the second and third movies, never really found those very good.
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

PM
1. Lord of the rings (All three of them)
2.Shaun of the dead.
3. Dawn of the dead. (2007 version)
4. 300
Who Loves Orange Soda?
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Animated Movies. Nostra 20 673 08-21-2012, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Echo
  Just Watch The Drummer Skaar 9 299 06-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Last Post: PiesOfNub
  Watch These and Forever Feel Different About Star Wars Mortiphobia 16 424 06-19-2010, 03:05 PM
Last Post: SpiralLateralus
  Another reason not to watch Twilight. Tales23 16 554 12-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Last Post: Dilly
  Must Watch Video. ElvenMistress 12 250 08-22-2009, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ElvenMistress