Poll: Which guild ideas do you want to see?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Idea One
28.13%
9 28.13%
Idea Two
28.13%
9 28.13%
Idea Three
43.75%
14 43.75%
Total 32 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

[-]
Main Menu
Portal
Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Tales23
11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 434
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3003
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86058
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2578
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

My return and Cata guilds.
So, I've plotted the most likely date for my return: April 27th, a week from today. I've got ideas in mind for things to do when I get back (namely guilds and such) and I have so many ideas floating around in my head it's hard to decide what to do and what not to do. So, I've narrowed down what I want to three ideas, which I will present to you all. I'm adding in a poll, and would like everyone to vote for two ideas on the list. If interest for any two is significantly higher than the third, and in the same range, I'll do what I can to present both as working guilds in Cata. Should there be just one, then only one will be seen in Cata. Without further ado... The guilds!

Idea One: A Worgen pack centered on the Old Faith, but with a more aggressive standpoint. They seek to cleanse their homeland of the Forsaken and the taint they perceive to be on it, by whatever means necessary. They also seek to eliminate any Forsaken presence in the lands of Gilneas, in an attempt to revert it back to their glorious kingdom that it once was. Led by some of the more aggressive Gilnean Druids, the group has a focus on attack and cleansing, in something I feel to be a nice mix between the two "types" of Druids. However, the guild -will- be open to pretty much anyone Worgen who wants to join, so long as they have the guild's goals in mind.

Idea Two: A Transhumanist organization in the style of Warhammer 40k's Cult Mechanicus, believing that tech race is best race. They augment themselves in all sorts of fashion with any tech they feel will improve their condition in the world. The guild would have an emphasis on creation and evolution, with a sidefocus on combating those who would destroy them (such as the Techslayer types out there) and educating others as to the glories of their ways. They would, as well, seek to dive into the ancient past and draw forth ideas of cultures long-since dormant (such as exploring Titan ruins in an effort to recollect past technologies that could be used to improve upon life in general). The guild would be multiracial and multifactional, but it would not preclude factional violence within the group, nor would it be without its enemies; no happy-go-lucky cross-faction here!

Idea Three: The last idea I have is probably the most dear to my heart at the moment. It stems from a character who is the current progression of a long, long history of my roleplaying career. However, that's for another day. The guild is a group of Alliance, Church-sanctioned Light-users who focus on hunting down Twilights in all their forms, in all corners of the world. They will have to deal with intra-faction intrigue as they attempt to finesse their way into working within the borders of other Alliance races, as well as deal with the aggression of the Horde against them. Their tools will be archaic in nature (the character I am making for this uses techniques styled after medieval demon-fighting and exorcism, for example), and their wills strong. As I said, as they fight the Twilights, they will have to deal with Horde trying to kill them due to outright war, and with even friendly Alliance organizations attempting to stop them via whatever means possible.

That's that, I suppose! I'll go ahead and open the thread, and the polls. Let the voting begin!

EDIT: The poll is set to allow people to vote for as many as they please; I'll ask, however, that you all keep it to two votes at the most, as it makes it easier on me!

EDIT EDIT: I have to vote in order to see results easily, apparently. So disregard one vote for each tally, please!
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
[-] The following 1 user Likes muhaha8's post:
  • SachikoMaeda
PM
The third option sounds nice. And very similar to the Witch Hunt.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
... I never knew that existed, Bovel! Huh, cool.
Spoiler:
PM
Personally, I'm more into idea 1 or 3 than number 2. I like the medieval fantasy aspects of WoW far better than "Steampunk" which just makes me cry on the inside. (Just personal preference. Haha)

Idea three would probably be the easiest to find people for. I imagine with idea 1, you'll keep running into the problem that many Nelf rpers do. I always got the impression that fairly regular Nelf rp/guilds were hard to find on a regular basis. Maybe I am wrong, however! Just some thoughts. ;P
[Image: Lirshar_zpscaa814f0.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like ChampionMouse's post:
  • muhaha8, Holynexus, Dilly
PM
Muhaha made me do this.

:(

I like #3 best, I think. My general indifference towards the other two aside - personal preference, mostly; I fail to see the attraction of worgen druids (even though I'll probably end up playing one at some point, hehe) and, well, worgen in general, and am in the same boat as Mouse in the sense that I don't enjoy the tech aspects of Warcraft very much - I, personally, really like the idea of a witch hunt. And besides, it should be interesting to see something that combines heavy politics with this go-out-there-and-be-violent side of things, since most groups or guilds I've seen tend to lean strongly towards one or the other (though I may be wrong here) - it's something I tried to accomplish with the Emerald Hand way back when (unsuccessfully, sadly).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dilly's post:
  • muhaha8
Bumping this! It's worthy noting that names are not set in stone as of right now. However, given the votes thus far, Idea Three is likely to be my primary endeavor. Depending upon what happens to the other two before this coming weekend, I may or may not pick a second; do keep in mind, though, that Idea Three will be the primary focus of my time!

tl;dr: Bump for more votes and info.
Spoiler:
PM
With idea three... It sounds like my own guild the Dawn's Reach, only focused on the light, and alliance only :<

BUT, I voted for one. I think a worgen guild would be great.

Edit:

Here's the link to my version of that option three.
http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-Dawn-s-Reach
PM
Although I'm quite unfamiliar with Warhammer 40k's 'Cult Mechanicus', I find the idea of a transhumanist guild both original and intriguing. You have me sold with not only trying to improve technology and evolve, but drawing ideas from the dead as well. I've never experienced RP with techslayers and would certainly like to.

I actually like that WoW has both medieval settings in some places, and steampunk in others. Though not a traditional sense of steampunk. An amalgamated world fosters more originality.

I would vote for one, but I've already seen two proposed guilds that are in the 'Worgen pack' territory.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Geoni's post:
  • flammos200
PM
So I just learned from Zhaei (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU, ZHAEI) that he wants to give me back the Earthen Ring. I feel like accepting this. Which means... I may or may not do a second guild from this list! It just depends upon the outcome of the next week for the voting. But... Yeah. Idea Three, and Earthen Ring, woo!

I'll work on cobbling together a name sometime after I go to dinner for Idea Three, so that I can stop calling it that silly moniker.
Spoiler:
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blood Knights in Cata McKnighter 1 176 04-21-2013, 07:40 PM
Last Post: Kage