11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 605
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 3880
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 87733
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3240
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3478

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Narm Felfury [Orc]
Player: Binkleheimer

Character Full Name: Narm Felfury

Character In-Game Name: Narm

Nickname(s): Old Coot, Geezer, etc.

Association(s): Horde (Nominally)

Race: Orc

Class: Warlock

Skills and Abilities: None out of the ordinary. He focuses heavily on demonology than anything else. He has also started to pick up on inscribing and enchanting, working on imbuing items with fel energies.

Sex: Male

Hair: Grayed, left loose and balding. He also has a grayed braided beard too.

Eyes: Brown

Weight: 260 Pounds

Height: 6’8

Usual Garments/Armor: He usually wears old robes from his time as a warlock in the Old Horde; sometimes with a cloak, sometimes not. He’s partial to green.

Other: He’s one of the warlocks from the First War.

Alignment: Throw a dart at the chart. That’ll probably be his alignment on any given day.

Personality: Narm Felfury is what one would imagine a geezer being as an old. He’s rather ornery at times and can be rather grumpy towards people, especially members of the Horde that weren't around for the first two wars. However, he holds great respect for most of the old ways and the elder shamans, mostly since he was one at one point. He doesn't actually favor either faction much anymore, seeing them both just as contemptible. He values strength and the honor of victory over anything else might seeing as honorable, due to the idea that the winner writes the history. The orc also views his demons more like tools than sentient beings, mostly out of spite for what they are and represent. However, he finds them far more loyal than anyone he's ever worked with, even if he had to break their wills in the process. Over all, he remains a little bit bitter and angry about everything, often hiding it with raunchiness or horrible jokes.

History: Narm Felfury was originally known as Narm Skyfury, a shaman of the Bleeding Hollow Clan. Like most other orcs, he was corrupted by the presence of his chieftain, who drank of the blood and become one of the corrupted green skins. The battle at Shattrath was the real turning point for the shaman. They had recieved word that the draenei had been planning an attack against the orcish race for some time. Spurred on by that news and the bloodlust, Narm and the other orcs proceeded to descend upon the city like a wave of green death. Blood flowed freely from the bite of his blade and from the call of thunder. All around him was chaos and destruction. He beckoned the spirits to aid him, calling down the sky's lighting and fire to burn. Upon seizing the city, the orc his clan's banner high, yelling praises to his ancestors. They were not pleased. After the slaughter of the draenei, the spirits no longer answered him. As a result, he turned to the Fel, seeing it as a different elemental to call upon. Unlike most that started to wield the fel energies, he didn’t focus on the destructive or afflicting paths, but that of summoning and controlling the demons. His surname was promptly changed from Skyfury to that of Felfury, one of the first warlocks of the Horde.

He was an active participant in the First and Second War. He was there for almost their victories and defeats. Narm fought both times at Stormwind and even oversaw some of the occupation of Khaz Modan. The most critical part for him was during the closing of the Second War when they were beaten back. The Bleeding Hollow forces retreated back through the Portal and to Draenor.

Shortly after, they tried to open the portals out of Draenor and began to tear the world asunder. Unlike most of his brethren, he did not escape the land of Draenor to Azeroth. He was trapped in Nagrand, the most uncorrupted of Draenor. Now all alone and his kind hated by the mag'har orcs, Narm went into seclusion with only his demons to keep him company,avoiding all contacted with his diseased but uncorrupted brethren. There, he lived a hermit’s life for a bit more than twenty years. Only after the reopening of the Dark Portal was he able to cross into Azeroth once more and see what had become of the Horde.

He was not pleased with what he saw. Blood elves joining the Horde, the fact the Amani aren’t there anymore and even added that the New Horde seems to be focused more on peace. Narm was also not too pleased with how the younger generation was at all. All of them angsty from the internment camps. He didn’t see real orcs. After a while, he started to wander around, largely exploring what he could and avoiding dealing with the conflicts of the new land.
PM
First off, he seems -really- heavy for an aged (and withered, I assume) warlock, regardless of rank.

Second,

Quote:There, he lived a hermit’s life for well over twenty five years

This time-jump is after the Dark Portal's closing in Year 7, yes? I suggest using this timeline for regards to that slot in the time-jump.

Third, this actually seems like a really cool concept. We need a good First War warlock or two! Best of luck gettin' this guy approved :D

EDIT: Derp, after not prior
PM
Blah. Thought for some reason the year was at 32.

Also, changed the weight down a bit.
PM
Initial approval!
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @CappnRob): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
I'm not sure what his weight was before but for an orc that is above the average height (6',6") he's 30 pounds underweight. I am not all that sure if being aged really would make him that much lighter.
Quote:He was an active participant in the First and Second War. He was there for all their victories and defeats. Narm fought both times at Stormwind and even over saw some of the occupation of Khaz Modan. The most critical part for him was during the closing of the Second War when they were beaten back. The Bleeding Hollow forces retreated back through the Portal and to Draenor.

Oversaw.

Apart from this, spotless! Please expand a bit on his personality, though. :D

( I LOVE ME SOME OLD GRUMPY ORC! )
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
PM
Expanded a bit on the personality.

He's also 30 pounds underweight more for being a hermit for 30 years.
And the fact that as a spellcaster, he would have much less mass than the average orc warrior or peon.
PM
/cough
PM
You may want to add the class in the brackets too.

The history is brief but looks okay to me. Maybe one thing.. he won't be able to get the demons through the portal because of obvious reasons.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
PM
(12-08-2012, 01:37 AM)Sorum Wrote: You may want to add the class in the brackets too.

The history is brief but looks okay to me. Maybe one thing.. he won't be able to get the demons through the portal because of obvious reasons.

That's why warlocks summon them.
PM
Apologies for the delay. Well, then! Not "most" Orcs drank blood. In fact, they were corrupted by being close to their corrupted chieftains - like Blood Elves were. There were cases of Orcs being forced to drink, however, if they didn't yield to the corruption alone.

As for the rest of the profile... I'd say it's good to go. I'd like to hear more of his war experiences, but that's just me being a fanboy. Carry on!
PM
Editted.
Also, the brown orcs didn't drink.
PM
The Mag'har didn't become corrupted because they were afflicted by the Red Pox, causing them to be quarantined. Because of this, they weren't affected by the Blood Curse - whether this was due to the quarantine or the disease has never been specified.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
I know. Was referring to Rowgen's statement. Being that mag'har didn't drink for one reason or another, it would be incorrect to say, "Like all orcs, he drank."
PM
Yep, that's why I meant that unless Narm was a chieftain or of some high position, he wouldn't have drunk. Should've specified. :P
PM