Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Aethon
09-22-2018 09:00 AM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 92
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Stealthscout
09-05-2018 03:04 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 82143
What is glistening
Last Post: Geoni
07-04-2018 01:24 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 552
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3114
Introduction Memphis
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 05:09 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 3919

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

National Novel Writing Month 2014
Saturday!
Saturday!
Saturday!

This Saturday marks November 1st, which also marks the start of National Novel Writing Month for this year. We've had a few threads in the past about it, so another thread for another year sounds like perfectly fine logic to me. Who is going to be writing this year and what genre are you going for? Got an excerpt you want to share? And once it actually is November and you start writing, feel free to use this thread to post woes and ask advice to get you to that 50K mark.

I may write something this year, just to try to get myself out of a writing rut, and November is when my classes stop trying to beat my head in.
[-] The following 3 users Like Mathias's post:
  • ImagenAshyun, Dilly, Jonoth
PM
I probably should. I haven't written anything extensive in a while, so this is finally a reason to do so. Something science-fictioney, probably.

We shall see.
PM
If anyone wants to brainstorm with me, I've always wanted to give this a proper shot. We could motivate each other and keep each other sane, and share ideas and stuff.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scout's post:
  • MstrCorvus
This would be a good opportunity for me to brainvomit "ANAKA", given it's a story started from scratch, at least in comparison to my other works (which have years and sometimes decades worth of concept building).

That is, if life would actually allow me to sit down and write :\
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
It starts tomorrow, so good luck to everyone doing it.
PM
I should use the month to actually finish the novel I've already started XD
I get a headstart, hah! It's already the 1st for me!
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Over a week has past. How go those novels for this month?
PM
My friend pointed me in NaNoWiMo's direction near the end of last month, and it's something I'd probably want to get into >.< Maybe in January when I (hopefully) Ge an uninterrupted month I can write in.
PM
Sadly.....mine hasn't been going too well. Had my final exam block of high school (ever) this past week so I haven't had much writing time. But after I graduate in 2 weeks, I should be able to get stuck in.
“Fairy tales do not tell children that dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children that dragons can be killed.”
— G.K. Chesterton

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_n9hl98KKPd1r4fnslo1_500.gif]

Have a puppy Ruby and a nice day.
Wasn't able to start, as my past week has little free time. With that said, I have had recent freer time to allow me to write.

I might not go with the Anaka story, though. I might work on a simpler story, since that one, I realize, needs a bit more concept building. That, and I'm feeling more for one of my other story settings anyway.

I might post what I write in CotH once enough is written, as two of the character names should be familiar enough for CotH readers to follow and enjoy.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
It's final seasons but I might set up a goal of writing at least 10 or so scenes of my novel I've been working on for ages, in the spirit of what NaNoWriMo is for (which to get yer ass movin' on that thing you've been meaning to write).

Petition to reschedule this for a non semester finals month, like June or something!
[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
(11-10-2014, 10:48 PM)Geoni Wrote: Petition to reschedule this for a non semester finals month, like June or something!

Well, there's Camp NaNoWriMo. ;)
We're approaching the end of the month. How goes those novels?
PM
It ends in about 3 hours for me. How did everyone else do?

I was too busy. Didn't even hit 10K words. Woe is me.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Your Character's Christmas Song [2014] Ural 5 338 12-12-2014, 02:35 PM
Last Post: Esthrunil
  Alt-Fest 2014? Hawk 2 190 05-15-2014, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  2014 is the year of change it seems Roxas65 9 338 05-15-2014, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Hello, Help with Writing Introduction Ogbar 14 386 08-04-2013, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Ogbar
  Creative Writing Mezrin 1 203 03-29-2012, 02:55 PM