The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

New Xbox reveal.
Oh. Huh. That musta been recent. My bad!
PS4 Master Race.

Spoiler:
[Image: glorious-playstation-master-race_fb_1546801.jpg]
[Image: bhMVAqQ.gif]
I really can't even justify buying a consul at all. I hardly use the one I got, so why shell out 300-500 dollars for something I'll hardly use over a new PC that I know I'll get my use out of? I mean, I like using a controller, no lie there, but there are hardly any games that come out on a consul that I'm interested in. I don't like FPS, I don't like war games and everything else that seems to pop out is just...meh.

On the other hand, I'm still interested in a lot of the MMOs I used to play, but can't since my windows laptop died.
And now the endless "Xbox ONE-EIGHTY" jokes will come pouring in.

Give it two weeks and it'll be up there with "Arrow in the knee XD" and "The cake is a lie! XD" jokes.

Yay.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
I'm curious though. Does this mean they've reversed their position on the Xbot Spybox with Kinect, and all the other crazy potential features they may or can implement in the future? Or just the DRM?

Either way, I still feel my current Avatar and Signature is relevant.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
(06-20-2013, 10:49 AM)Krent Wrote: And now the endless "Xbox ONE-EIGHTY" jokes will come pouring in.

Give it two weeks and it'll be up there with "Arrow in the knee XD" and "The cake is a lie! XD" jokes.

Yay.

You mean I'm not original?

Damn.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(06-20-2013, 10:42 AM)Reigen Wrote: I mean, I like using a controller, no lie there, but there are hardly any games that come out on a consul that I'm interested in.

You can use a controller for PC games! I bought (irony forgiving) a wired 360 controller for that purpose. I prefer mouse and keyboard for first-person shooters, but for games like Prototype and Darksiders, it's ideal.
(06-20-2013, 10:42 AM)Reigen Wrote: I really can't even justify buying a consul at all. I hardly use the one I got, so why shell out 300-500 dollars for something I'll hardly use over a new PC that I know I'll get my use out of? I mean, I like using a controller, no lie there, but there are hardly any games that come out on a consul that I'm interested in. I don't like FPS, I don't like war games and everything else that seems to pop out is just...meh.

On the other hand, I'm still interested in a lot of the MMOs I used to play, but can't since my windows laptop died.

I realize that a lot of people feel this way and it is the more logical thing to do, but I didn't have a gaming PC until 2009. I had eleven years prior to that with nothing but console gaming and consoles just feel more like "gaming" to me. I know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
See, Roxas, every since I was about six we've had a PC with games on it--- ones like Doom and Paperboy, Catacomb Abyss, stuff like that.

And actually, I had that before I had a nintendo. I've always felt that PC's were good for gaming, as were consoles.

Plus herp derp, emulators. I KNOW, I KNOW. But I love playing me some old games without selling a limb to buy an old system and games.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Microsoft took back all the DRM things on the Xbox One and listened to their customers? Doubt it.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
(06-20-2013, 02:05 PM)WindZealot Wrote: Microsoft took back all the DRM things on the Xbox One and listened to their customers? Doubt it.

Doubt away.

Whether they are going to or not, that's what they are saying they are going to do.

Edit: That's their official website with the update.

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

(06-20-2013, 10:42 AM)Reigen Wrote: I really can't even justify buying a consul at all.
(06-20-2013, 10:42 AM)Reigen Wrote: I mean, I like using a controller, no lie there, but there are hardly any games that come out on a consul

[Image: My_Inner_Grammar_Nazi_Cried_by_ZeKarmiSama.jpg]

Sorry, I just... BLARHEUTAUHGHUAGA
I'm more of a PC/Playstation guy, but that's because I don't have any interest in Xbox exclusives.
[Image: 14l32iv.jpg]
(06-20-2013, 02:59 PM)Rensin Wrote:
(06-20-2013, 02:05 PM)WindZealot Wrote: Microsoft took back all the DRM things on the Xbox One and listened to their customers? Doubt it.

Doubt away.

Whether they are going to or not, that's what they are saying they are going to do.

Edit: That's their official website with the update.

I'm waiting to see. Odds are I'll still go PS4 this generation, if I bother at all. The Piston ( http://youtu.be/NmlvB25EnK0 ) is how I might go if the price drops a bit, but I'm still a Nintendo fangirl at heart.

The PS4 and the XBone have their merits, spec-wise, but they're still going to be playing catch-up as far as outright mechanical specs go. They still have a lot they can do games-wise though. There's just something about a console's gameplay that works.

The Wii U isn't really "next gen" hardware-wise, but they make up for it in innovation, which is what they should be doing. All the consoles should really be doing that. It's the only way they can really compete, and Nintendo knows that. That's their whole strategy, and yes it's a risk but to call it "just a gimmick" is to completely lack appreciation for what they're trying. It's a bold move and it's working for them.

Sony, if anything, is the closest this generation has to Nintendo in terms of innovation. Vita support for their games, plus their online platform I've forgotten the name of at the moment, whereas the XBone just... It's pretty much a slight software change and an attempt to be the "one stop multimedia platform" that won't work that well given the limitations they have to implement to try something like that. Compounded with the fact that I don't think I'll ever be comfortable with the required kinect always-on or certain patents Microsoft owns... I think even reversing their DRM policy won't save them this gen. They shot themselves in the foot right out of the gate.

Edit: Formatted it a little better.
As someone wise once said, the important thing is never to be fearless or confident. Most people have more than enough trouble with both. The trick is to fake it, because if you learn to fake it properly, it's the same thing as actually having confidence.
Spoiler:
[Image: c4i6Zq5.png]
Time to laugh more at the Xbone. During ComiCon, the consoles Microsoft had out on the floor were constantly crashing and replaced. It was also revealed that the consoles had been doing the same at E3. Several one-on-one demonstrations at E3 had to be aborted because the demonstration console would keep crashing. With other words, Microsoft is once again showing how great they are at making stable hardware, so get ready for "RRoD 2: There Will Be Red LEDs.

Meanwhile, demonstrations of the PS4 at ComiCon showed that the console runs a lot cooler than the PS3 does and analysts claim that the design of the console pretty much completely prevents the console from overheating. I guess Sony wins this one too, huh.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  XBOX Gamertags and PSN profiles. Roxas65 5 689 08-28-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Aethon