08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2652
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85255
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2218
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Ognor the Mountain [Orc] (Reboot)
When it comes to the Om'riggor it i a one time ass or fail deal (I've never heard of an orc retaking it at least) If you pass, shaman/grunt you go. Fail, peon is your new home. Course once you pass the Om'riggor your able to fail without being demoted to peon (less you fail hard, and even then that normally leads to death).
PM
That's not what they were asking, Kage. You're right about the peon/Om'riggor stuff, but they are asking about being a grunt. There is no way to fail becoming a grunt. Grunt is an attainable rank, sort of like a military status. If you go through the motions to become one, and "fail", you just stay as a non-grunt. You can still try to become one over time, and eventually you probably will.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
(09-06-2013, 08:07 AM)Rensin Wrote: That's not what they were asking, Kage. You're right about the peon/Om'riggor stuff, but they are asking about being a grunt. There is no way to fail becoming a grunt. Grunt is an attainable rank, sort of like a military status. If you go through the motions to become one, and "fail", you just stay as a non-grunt. You can still try to become one over time, and eventually you probably will.

Thats what I was answering. You can fail to become a grunt. Its call the Om'riggor. You fail that, you're not allowed to become a grunt.
PM
Okay. So.

Wait. Now I'm confused the more I read things here. I've always, always always always thought that the Om'Riggor was the test to become more than a peon. Becoming a Grunt, however, to me was something that was completely separate. Grunt always seemed like to me, something you could chose to do, or chose not to, without being forced to become a peon if you fail doing so.

However, -if- you fail your om'riggor, well. There you have it.

Grakor Wrote:You're correct that, yes, the om'riggor is a trial all orcs go through. That this then transitions to their position in the Horde is more assumption than explicit fact, so I suppose you could say it's fanon. However, failing a task to be a grunt doesn't make one a peon either: you just fail to move up.

This is the part I'm talking about, Kage.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

PM
I'm not saying that Grunt is a "Your a warrior hurr attack everything". Grunt is just the social standing that you are not a peon, and can fight if you have to.
PM
Please refrain from posting further if you are not a Current GM/Helper/Admin. I appreciate you posting or wanting to post but it just clutters the thread as it wasn't actually meant to have to go under so many revisions. Thanks for understanding as this has already hit a second page.

On a serious note: Unless I am mistaken I am ready for another review?
Wow. Sometimes I forget the past.
PM
A hoy-hoy. Everything looks good and solid, so I'm just going to run you through a few grammatical clean-ups and we'll be good to go.

Quote: Weight: 425 pounds. Well toned.

Nix the 'Well toned' here. Only the weight is required.

Quote:Tattered Brown Canvas Shirt, Worn Cloth pants, and he doesn't wear shoes.

Except for that first T, get rid of all the capitalization in this part.

Quote:an lighter Olive Drab.

'An' should be 'A', and remove the capitalization here.

Quote:honor, loyalty, respect. Though he spent most of his young life in the internment camps

Change the full stop here to a comma.

Quote:of Brawling has sharpened him both in Mind and Body

No capitalization needed here.

Quote:Blood lust, showing it less and less in normal day life. And yet drawing on it's power

Uncapitalize that B, change that full stop to a comma, and change that it's to its!

Quote:Born -5 of the WoW time line

I'd recommend replacing this with something like "Ognor was born in year -5" as mentioning the WoW timeline starts you off on an OOC note, rather than an IC one.

Quote:e sight of them instilled fear and hope within him, it was a magical feelin

Change that comma to a semi-colon.

Quote:to become a grunt. Which would

Full stop --> comma.

Quote:humans poured in. Ransacking

Same again.

Quote:peered out of the tent, there were Orcs

Comma ---> full stop.

Quote:finally come, he was to

Comma --> semi-colon.

Quote:barely to young

To should be too.

Quote:while living there. Orcs named

Full stop --> comma.

Quote:he threw the beasts head down

Beasts should be beast's.

Quote:laziness of fishing. Though it took a stern

Full stop --> comma.

That's all! The only other thing is Ognor seems to have taken two om'riggors - one where he fails and another where he succeeds. Is this supposed to happen? I'm not sure orcs can take two, let alone why they would.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
One is Om'riggor. The other is his failed attempt to become a grunt. I will clean up the issues you have outlined when I return from work.
PM
I have updated it once more and outlined my most recent changes to actual text beyond your suggest revisions. Probably making a ton more. ;)
PM
Super duper. Approved!

Wikified!
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tarin Broadhill [Dwarf Mountain King/Thane] FlyingSquirrel 19 358 01-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Bior [Dwarf Mountain King] Demigod204 17 366 08-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Rini
  Haiko Modanson [Dwarven Mountain King] Jonoth 3 219 04-17-2013, 09:45 AM
Last Post: Reigen
  Balstan Gloamingdaith [Dwarf Mountain King] Zarquon 9 397 08-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Murin Thunderbeard [Dwarf Mountain King] Kira13 7 349 12-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dotsy