Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36898
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97229
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39995
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31505
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25513

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Other games I can entertain myself with.
League of Legends.

It's fun.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
Age of Mythology.. It is pure win. I don't think they sell it anymore ( not in my country atleast ) but you can find some very good "borrowed" versions online.
"Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god." - Beilby Porteus
PM
I play a lot of Oblivion and Team Fortress 2.

If you're looking for free games, Fortress Forever is nice, assuming you have a Source based game, and Gunbound is cool too!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
PM
Maplestory's pretty horrid -- it's like an inexpensive (free), side-scrolling version of Ragnarok.

...But it sure passes the time. ._.;;
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
A game that's really good to pass the time is the Tropico series. Tropico 3 and it's expansion is on Steam right now and I've been dumping hours into the game. It's essentially Sim City on a Cuban-esque island dictatorship that you can rule in any way you want. Want to be an oppressive military regime that shoots protesters on sight and keeps people slaving away in factories while they sleep in dirt-poor shacks? You can do it! Wanna usher in a golden age of democracy, prosperity, and industrial wealth for your people? You can do that, too. Wanna be a puppet of the US or USSR government and become a key player in the cold war? Yeah. That can happen too.

Tropico 3 is pretty damn good in it's depth and replayability. It's also pretty funny in the way it mocks popular culture and the politics behind the cold war. Like I said though, it's not really for everyone. Not a real action game that'll get your blood boiling. If you're not into city sims you'll hate it.

Other than that, the only game I can highly suggest is....

Mother 3.

the GBA rom with translation patch is pretty easy to find. If you've ever played an SNES RPG called Earthbound, you'll find that Mother 3 is the sequel to that game. If you haven't played Earthbound I'd highly suggest downloading ZSNES and giving it a go. It's a great parody of the traditional JRPG that takes place in a modern day America-like setting, full of witty dialogue and funny moments. Also holds a surprising amount of heart and personality, too.

Mother 3 is much in the same vein. It focuses on telling a pretty heart-rending story that's quirky, fun, and a little sad. The game made me cry. Twice. And it had a whole slew of heart and soul that you can't find in most games these days. The game is by no means perfect and it'll only last you around 30 hours of game play time, but if you want something that'll touch you on a human level, I can't recommend it enough.
Spoiler:
Video/Audio embedding in signatures is disabled. To enter the URL as link, please use the "amoff" MyCode. [amoff]URL[/amoff]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
PM
I tend to play lots of League of Legends, but that's just one of those games you have to like to like.. Wait.. That's all games! Wat.

So much for being constructive. Hey, it's a free game!
Little by little, one travels far.
PM
DarthNader26 Wrote:http://www.taleworlds.com

Free to play until lvl 7 or 30 in-game days.

The most addictive SP RPG you'll ever play.

Ok, maybe I wasn't descriptive enough.

I've played almost every other game mentioned in this thread, and they pale compared to Mount & Blade.

Imagine a historical Oblivion with a non-shitty combat system combined with a huge and complex army building mechanic that allows you to do everything from building your own kingdom to becoming a notorious bandit and everything in between. The combat is fucking awesome, the freedom is incredible, and the number of options for roleplay are through the roof.

Imagine a single player RP. Imagine being third-person in a Total War style battle. Imagine Oblivion where you can own your own castle, name lords, and forge your own kingdom. That's just scratching the surface of M&B.

There's no story, and it's a bit of a shock when you get dropped in the first time, but as soon as you get a hang of the combat system the game will suck you in like a black hole.
Torrek | Troll Rogue/Engineer | Currently Shuffling between Booty Bay and Rachet, looking for work and perfecting his designs |Torrek's Journal
Oroth Kodohorn | Tauren Hunter | Wandering the Plains of Kalimdor | Chieftan of the Kodohorn Tribe
PM
DarthNader26 Wrote:
DarthNader26 Wrote:http://www.taleworlds.com

Free to play until lvl 7 or 30 in-game days.

The most addictive SP RPG you'll ever play.

Ok, maybe I wasn't descriptive enough.

I've played almost every other game mentioned in this thread, and they pale compared to Mount & Blade.

Imagine a historical Oblivion with a non-shitty combat system combined with a huge and complex army building mechanic that allows you to do everything from building your own kingdom to becoming a notorious bandit and everything in between. The combat is fucking awesome, the freedom is incredible, and the number of options for roleplay are through the roof.

Imagine a single player RP. Imagine being third-person in a Total War style battle. Imagine Oblivion where you can own your own castle, name lords, and forge your own kingdom. That's just scratching the surface of M&B.

There's no story, and it's a bit of a shock when you get dropped in the first time, but as soon as you get a hang of the combat system the game will suck you in like a black hole.

I've played Mount & Blade. I wasn't that fond of it. I tend to overanalyze games when I play them and it sometimes hurt's the experience. I admit that the combat system was really entertaining, although I felt it was completely destroyed by the way to stupid AI. The AI had a habit of charging a blow while he was right next to me, back a few steps, swing in mid-air and then repeat the process. Furthermore the archery system was bad. Really bad. The Aim was EXTREMELY OFF. Even when charged up. The clumsiness of the animations and that otehr stuff made me dislike it. I like the idea behind it all but. . . Yeah, well. I'm aware that they have an extremely low budget for that game, but I'm sure they will get noticed after the succes and they'll make a sequel. Then I might try it again.

Also, Krent. The Mother series is nothing but pure love.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
Warband fixes a lot of the problems.

Shitty archery gets better, but remember that using a bow is hard as SHIT in real life.
Animations and sound effects are greatly improved, as are the graphics.
The attacks don't really charge. You can't charge a blow in real life. It's more or less just preparing to swing. If you step into the blows (move in the same direction your blow is swinging (i.e. step right as you slash right, or run forward as you thrust), you can greatly improve your damage.

Also, what setting did you have the AI at, intelligence wise? If it's turned down, they tend to be pretty DERP, but if you crank it up they start using formations and tactics and shit that can really piss in your Cheerios if you aren't careful...
Torrek | Troll Rogue/Engineer | Currently Shuffling between Booty Bay and Rachet, looking for work and perfecting his designs |Torrek's Journal
Oroth Kodohorn | Tauren Hunter | Wandering the Plains of Kalimdor | Chieftan of the Kodohorn Tribe
PM
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/534416 play this. it simply rocks.
or otherwise you could play dawn of wars, if you like strategy that is.
have you tried fable?
emulators? they have awesome games! especially nintendo. Try donkey kongs or super mario's for nostalgia! :)
maybe even something as legendary as final fantasy 7.
maybe some classic point and click type of games to get your brains going? like monkey islands or broken swords?
if you want some tension and action packed... action, then go for left for dead 1 & 2. TAAANK!
Oh also if you want to **** your pants to brown color, try DEAD SPACE *chills*

or you can watch some hilarious online adventures:
http://www.urealms.com/
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... associates
Waaagh!
-----------------------
[Image: portal_337792.gif]
Ho ho hooo, Mon ami, I am a french axe. It's my job to -cut- to the chase.
PM
I've been playing iSketch again. It's Pictionary online. You create an account and then log in to find your friends (who you can add to a friends list). Enter a room, draw the pictures, get points, have fun! There's even a World of Warcraft category, but it was horribly difficult.

Kril, Stranger, and I were playing this afternoon with some friends. We even managed to get Kret into one round. He was good. Really good.

Edit: I'm Cynra on there, so invite me to a game if you want to play! Krilari is Krilari and Stranger was LostStranger. Join join!
DarthNader26 Wrote:Warband fixes a lot of the problems.

Shitty archery gets better, but remember that using a bow is hard as SHIT in real life.
Animations and sound effects are greatly improved, as are the graphics.
The attacks don't really charge. You can't charge a blow in real life. It's more or less just preparing to swing. If you step into the blows (move in the same direction your blow is swinging (i.e. step right as you slash right, or run forward as you thrust), you can greatly improve your damage.

Also, what setting did you have the AI at, intelligence wise? If it's turned down, they tend to be pretty DERP, but if you crank it up they start using formations and tactics and shit that can really piss in your Cheerios if you aren't careful...

I didn't play Warband. And My PC is a high-end system so I always pull everything up to maximum while playing. Including AI.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
PM
I actually think I have some simple mods that increase the AI's intelligence. That may be it x_x

I recommend trying Warband. It's like a great big M&B bugfix.
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas Games? Nymus 7 172 12-08-2013, 08:04 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  The Japanese make some funny games. Roxas65 4 269 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Kage
  Bored of Current games Revan 27 608 06-23-2013, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Nymus
  Books based on Blizzard games Bovel 15 448 06-19-2013, 10:53 PM
Last Post: Bovel
  The state of video games these days SpiralLateralus 18 564 08-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Last Post: dastmo