The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Outnumber.
It seems that there is trend here, all the new porfiles I´ve seen is either a a warlock, Dark Iron or some gnome. I mean everyone can play (almost) anything they like, but it´s getting a little tiresome with only evil, would be evil or crazy gnomes/dwarves being added. There has been a few other kinds of characters but they seem to be abandoned shortly after the profile is up, if there even is any profile.

I´m a big fan of diversity so that´s why I react against this, though it´s not really much one could do to prevent people from rolling what they want. But I would like to ask/beg people to look through the wiki and profile and see if there is any need for yet another evil warlock. If there isn´t one can allways wait awhile and roll something different, maybe something really original!?

I now I´m not perfect my-self, Alistus, Akuba and my soon to be characters Slorne Blackfur and Raef [to tired to write sur-name] are not very original. They don´t add much diversity to the server (except maybe the fact that Alistus and Raef is undead, which is something there is huge lack of in my opinion. Quickly roll undead!) and maybe this post was completly vain and just a dead mans rant. But I hope that at least some of the new people and maybe one or two older ones will wait with adding any new Dark Irons and crazy engineering gnomes. Not that there´s anything wrong with them of-course ;)

This post is -not- directed against anyone specific, it´s just an impulsive reaction against what to me is a somewhat annoying trend.

PS; Excuse my spelling and grammar, I wrote this in a hurry will correct whenever I get time.

PPS; Love to the Server!
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

I understand completely what you mean! It doesn't bother me... that much. Though, I could do without tons of gnomes running around. (Keep in mind that I have nothing against those that play gnomes, seriously! :D )) Hehe, the Dark Iron... I haven't seen that many profiles posted about them. Maybe one or two, and well... Kel is kinda overwhelmed during battles (this is gonna get off topic for me, so let me stop talking about that now! :) ))

Overall, I think I agree with you, we kind of 'need' a bit more diversity on the server. It'd add for more advances in RP etc.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
I can add here that I don´t have anything against any player, though I do "dislike" the gnomes as an in-game race ( this is something one can notice with all my characters too, no-one knows why but all of them dislikes/hates gnomes).

The thing I see most of, no matter what I look at though, is Hero's. I'm sure we have a lot of "bad guys" on the server, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Being a good guy gets very boring if you have no reason to be good, other than the mindless Scourge or the numerous Legion.

However, if the mods felt otherwise, I'm sure they'd put a freeze on the number of badguys on the server.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Whoever said that warlocks had to be evil?

Actually, I've seen lots of warriors and paladins. Which is great! Spell slingers need meatshields.
Simon - Ancient Vindicator
Sorel - I'm a spice trader. No, really, that's what I am! Ignore the Voidwalker behind the curtain...
Irasis - Mute undead warrior-priest
Alphawolf1986 Wrote:The thing I see most of, no matter what I look at though, is Hero's. I'm sure we have a lot of "bad guys" on the server, but I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Being a good guy gets very boring if you have no reason to be good, other than the mindless Scourge or the numerous Legion.

However, if the mods felt otherwise, I'm sure they'd put a freeze on the number of badguys on the server.

Never thought of it that way.
Thane Gwydd: Mountain King Gwyddy
Warlord Kron: Horde Warlord
Battlecruiser Captain: Who called in the fleet?
Sir Baldwin: Knight of Stormwind
My Guide to Roleplaying Warfare!
I'll give a more full answer to this when I'm not running off to class, but I agree with the cry for diversity. Clicking on any name in the Character Profiles and scrolling to the bottom lets you see what race and class they are, and clicking on those brings you to a page that notes HOW MANY ENTRIES there are (keep in mind these numbers include dead and MIA characters). When I get back, I'll do up one of my little server statistics things.

That said, it's difficult to "put a freeze" on any type of character, but we do try to discourage certain types.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Exactly, which is why they have the approving and dissaproving process.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

I can definatly see Alphawolf1986´s point, but after all isn´t it somewhat inevitable that we will have heroes and villains? Though I addmit that it´s lame if we only have the extrem versions. I mean, sure there are some "neutral" guys and girls but seeing as most of the population has been killed off by demons, undead and disease we can probably assume that those left are filled to the brim with a lust for revenge, or have joined forces with the evils. I don´t mean that everyone is like this and I don´t have time to say anything more right now ´cuz I need to catch a buss for a par-teh. I´ll come back on the topic tomorrow, ii´m still alive that is.

You could assume that those left would be burning for revenge. But I think it's more likely that those remaining would be scared and desperate. I'm talking about the average populance, not PC's. PC's should be heroes, as was mentioned earlier, and heroes tend to be above the common folk.

It's a matter of focus, I think. People, even heroes, need something they can believe in. Something they can rally around. Wether it be a person, an organization, or (hopefully) an ideal.
Sorel - I'm a spice trader. No, really, that's what I am! Ignore the Voidwalker behind the curtain...
Ahem. The latest CoTH census statistics!

First letter of name (as listed in the active characters wiki):
A-8, B-5, C-3, D-6, E-1, F-3, G-9, H-4, I-2, J-5, K-10, L-3, M-7, N-0, O-0, P-1, Q-2, R-5, S-10, T-3, U-1, V-2, W-2, X-4, Y-0, Z-2

So! What does all that mean? It means we have K and S as our most popular initial letter, with G a close second. (If your name starts with any of those three letters, don't be surprised if I mistake you for someone else!) No approved profiles (that are still active) have names that start with N, O, or Y. Remember, this is only as accurate as you make it. I suspect some of those characters are no longer being played.

On to races! Keep in mind these stats are for ALL the characters in the wiki, not just the active one (it includes dead and MIA).

Alliance
Human- 54
Dwarf- 9
Night Elf- 21
Draenei- 4
Gnome- 12

Winner by a long shot: Human. Second place: Night Elf.

Horde
Orc- 20
Forsaken- 11
Troll- 20
Tauren- 8
Blood Elf- 35

Winner: Blood elf. Tied for second place: Orc and Troll.

Once again, a LOT of these characters are MIA, so the numbers are skewed. Regardless... start a revolution, roll a Tauren or Draenei.

And now, classes!

Warlock- 14
Druid- 8
Priest- 16
Warrior- 44
Hunter- 19
Shaman- 14
Mage- 19
Paladin- 22
Rogue- 32

Winner is Warrior, with Rogue as a fairly close second, and Druid being left in the dust.

Tauren druid named Yama, anyone?

So! May I point you to the Character Profiles wiki page and the CoTH Census? Let's get this beast somewhat accurate!

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
I'd like to put in my own little worry in the back of the mind. Iv worryed for awhile that we could end up with too many people siding with the evil factions, leaving the good guys with no chance. But thats just my little worry, and if that dose happen, thats how it happend. *Shrug*
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
I actually agree with Sersay. It can be fun to sit and cackle, but it gets old after a while. I predict a lot of people are going to get bored with their "super evil" or "super crazy" characters quickly.

I try not to play characters that are written in black and white. I think characters should begin with the capacity to show both cruelty and compassion, and let their interactions shape them. If a character is shown kindness, can they react in kind, or will they stab that person in the back every time? Think about how this limits your roleplay.

The same goes with the relative sanity of a character. Just stating that your character is ZOMG CRAZY does not make them so. Most of the time, it's not even a really good descriptor of personality. Crazy can mean lots of things in such a fluid language. Are they outspoken and active? Withdrawn and anitsocial? Expressive? Do they simply defy social norms? Are they just not very clever? Too clever? Or are they actually mentally ill? And if they are mentally ill, do you actually understand their mental state, or are you just using it so you can play a character that can act like a Saturday morning cartoon? So... yeah, there's my pet peeve.

~Kurt Vonnegut
You don't see Darth Vader or Sauron with many friends.

From my experience, evil can be very fun if well done. Problem is, in a presistant world like CotH, it's hard to do it well. That's why evil, for the most part, is best left in the hands of the GM's. Better to be good, or at leaset neutral, than to try and become some dark and sinister thing. That's certainly an option, but it's a very lonely one.

Now fighting the fall to evil...and the result of one does fall...now that is intriuging.
Quote:I try not to play characters that are written in black and white. I think characters should begin with the capacity to show both cruelty and compassion, and let their interactions shape them.

I wholeheartedly agree, I don't like it when people tend to only make use of only two categorys: Good, and evil. What's evil to one man can be natural to another, I think it's a matter of relativity. My orc isn't evil in the sense that he'd kick a puppy first chance he gets just for the heck of it, his ways are natural to him as it is the kind of man(-orc) he's evolved into through his upbringing and experiences. However it all comes with a price as he can't exactly roll up at the tavern and order himself a drink. Hence why I made Jonathan who, while a cynic that doesn't really care, is able to co-exist with people.

I try to draw parallels with real life, where I believe everyone are born equally-minded and then get shaped into a person through experiences in their lives.