Today 05:06 AM
» Replies: 6
» Views: 143
Hello Everyone
Last Post: Maulbane
Today 04:59 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 33
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Maulbane
04-10-2018 02:09 AM
» Replies: 2493
» Views: 98093
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: Aphetoros
02-04-2018 11:03 PM
» Replies: 21
» Views: 80753

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Phobia?
Right, so.. As of recently, I've been coming to terms with a great number of my many Phobias. XD And it's got me wondering.. Do my fellow COTH'ers have Phobias?

If so, if you're comfortable enough to, why not list them here? Maybe discuss a little?

I'll start, of course!

Let's see.. Dark Water.

Yeah, I can't swim in water that is too dark/that I can't see through. If I can't see what's under or around me, I get really freaked out, start hyperventilating, and I think when I was little, a lifeguard had to save me at a lake cause I started locking up/couldn't swim. x_x I don't know if there's a specific name for this phobia, but.. yeah. There ye' go.

Anyone?
Y'know, if I could figure out how to do one of those fancy character list thingies everyone has in their signature, I would.. Soso. So. There! /pout
PM
Centipedes, creepy little bastards.
[Image: Signature.png]
PM
Well, let's see...

I have a fear of throwing up. Bad one too. *nods* Which is why I can't watch scary films. I don't get scared at all, I just feel really nautious, then I start to panic.

I also have a fear of most insects. I don't know what it is about them that creeps me out, but... yeah.

That's all I've got.

EDIT: Walking home alone in the dark! ... There are chavs where I live, go figure.

EDIT2: I also have a slight fear in certain places of terrorist attacks.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
I hate to admit it,

HATE,

But I'm sooo freaking scared of the dark.

Now let me elaborate, It's not so much the dark, as I'm sitting in a large dark room atm, but the things I cannot see because of the dark. It is to the point where I start to F-R-E-A-K If someone ever locks me in a room and turns off the lights or I'm on the bottom floor of my home and have to go upstairs to get to the light :D It's sad I know but still.

Also, Horror movies don't help.
PM
Knowing something awful is going to happen and can't do a single thing to stop it, corruption (And not just the warlock spell!), poisonous creepy-crawlies, not having a place to go.
PM
Wasps / Bees. But I'm allergic, and it hurts like f**k when I get stung, so yeah.
PM
My phobia?

When I first came here I was afraid of getting banned soon. :P

But really, my biggest phobia is silence, when I am alone in a dark alley and there's nobody with me, or I don't have my mp3. Even in my own bedroom I like to play the music real softly like. First thing I do when I come home after dusk is turn on the tv so I hear some voices. Darkness is no problem for me, as long as there is sound.
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
PM
When I was little, I was visiting my grandmother's house. She had a huuuuge pool in her backyard, and me, being four or five at the time, I loved water.
She 'conveniently' forgot to tell me of the deep end; so I went bobbing along, and completely went under. I was pulled out and revived before any long-term damage took hold, but it has since instilled an innate, horrid fear of water. I can't go into it, as anything chest-level or higher will make my body involuntarily tense up, which would make me sink like a rock. That odd, oceanic saltwater smell that you get when you get water into your sinuses; I smell that every time I go to the beach - a completely olfactory reaction, I can't go to the beach without being consistently reminded of my own mortality. I live in one of the most beautiful beach cities there are, but I make a subconscious effort to not be downwind of the scent of the sea.

I have a horrible, inexplicable fear of monkeys as well. There is no reasonable explanation for this; primates of all types terrify me beyond words.

Also, this might not be a fear, but rather a precaution. Even though I know such a thing would never happen; everywhere I go, I idly wonder to myself where the safest spot would be if a zombie invasion were to happen, and I was stranded in that specific place. This happens in supermarkets, department stores, everywhere. I always check for fire exits, holdout spots, and note the overall architectural flow of the premises.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.
MoonlightBlossom Wrote:Also, this might not be a fear, but rather a precaution. Even though I know such a thing would never happen; everywhere I go, I idly wonder to myself where the safest spot would be if a zombie invasion were to happen, and I was stranded in that specific place. This happens in supermarkets, department stores, everywhere. I always check for fire exits, holdout spots, and note the overall architectural flow of the premises.

Ooooh! I do that!
Mabra Dragonbasher- A battle hungry dwarven lady, hirable for personal protection and for larger tasks requiring violence.
PM
Let's see..

Arachnophobia. I think it's decently bad.. When I see a spider(House spider, like a centimeter big or so) I FREAK. Alot of times, I've almost knocked my chair down trying to run and then I can't kill them or pick up the crushed ones or anything. I DID once hit one from across the room. I aimed that shoe real good. >=D But I have a major fear of seeing bigger ones. If I see a spider that's larger than a house spider, I'm afraid that I'll lock up completely and won't be able to do anything.

Insects. Ew. Ewww. Not -that- bad a phobia, but I have trouble killing them. When it comes to bees and stuff, I tend to freak out a little bit if they're flying around. Natural panic reaction. <shrug>

Dark. Now kind of like someone above, I like to sit in a dark room and game, etc. But if I need to like, walk down a hallway or somewhere scary-like, like in horror movies or something, I get really scared and end up literally SPRINTING down my hall, which isn't that long. :P

Oh yeah. Silence. UGH. I can't stand no sound. If there's no sound, I either get really uncomfortable or really irritated and easily angered. I always have music playing. And if it's not and I don't realize at first, after five minutes I get tense and irritated so then I know.

I don't like not being able to see in water either. Hell, in WoW, I'm scared to swim under the water where it goes to the deeper water. v.v

<shudders> Someone hold me. <cries>
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
PM
Piken Wrote:<shudders> Someone hold me. <cries>

Aww.

ANOTHER PHOBIA!

Flying.

I don't exactly freak out and lose it, but for most of the flight I'm completely paranoid it'll crash. Nothing anyone can say can make me feel better either.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
PM
Hawk Wrote:
Piken Wrote:<shudders> Someone hold me. <cries>

Aww.

ANOTHER PHOBIA!

Flying.

I don't exactly freak out and lose it, but for most of the flight I'm completely paranoid it'll crash. Nothing anyone can say can make me feel better either.

Silly Hawk. That's because it will! Secretly, the next flight you go on will-- AHHHHH AHHHHHHHH! AHHHHHHOHMYGODTHERE'SNOPILOT

/runsaboutscreaming

Just kidding, please don't smite me!
Y'know, if I could figure out how to do one of those fancy character list thingies everyone has in their signature, I would.. Soso. So. There! /pout
PM
... Q_Q

Just to stay on topic, lemme think of another phobia...

I'm not sure if this would count as a true phobia, but if I'm talking to girls, I'm always afraid I'll say something stupid. :oops:
PM
I was wondering when a thread like this had been made or when one was gonna.

I'm acrophobic, but only when it's open space, so in other words if I'm in a building I'm fine if I don't stick by windows too long, but I freak out when on a cliff or something.

Until recently I've been needle phobic, and had to go through a 5 week course before getting my TB jab. Been better much recently, as I said.

Seeing people for a social phobia recently too, which I really need to get over before college.

Funnily enough I needed to research what Acrophobia actually was called (wanted to be smart) and discovered these two -

Quote:Arachibutyrophobia- fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.

Tetraphobia — fear of the number 4.
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
PM
Quote:Urophobia- Fear of urine or urinating
PM