11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 428
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2995
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86028
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2564
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Pokemon fusion RP (Open only for cameos now)
X kids from the (human settlement) of Y have set out on the beginning of their pokemon adventure. Soon procuring their partners, they are too inexperienced to know of the oddities before them: pokemon fusions- an unnatural combination of the Kanto fauna whose origins lie in the human lust for power.

~~~
Okay, so, I'm hoping to start up some light-hearted, arbitrary RP, and Pokemon seems like a cool place to start, so yeah.
But before we begin, let me explain a few things:

-Our little RP group is going to go through more or less the events from the first game, with an emphasis on Team Rocket hijinx and downplaying the gym leader challenge, making it an optional thing that battle-oriented characters can choose to pursue. That being said, I'm giving yall the option to voice your preference for a starting town other than Pallet. Because not everyone comes from Pallet.

-Pokemon knowledge is limited in this version of the pokemon world. Like the NPCs in RBY who are shocked by their graveler evolving upon being traded, your character's not going to know much outside of what they see in the adjacent routes and what they see in the media. (Think Ash from the first season of the pokemon animes) Meeting, say, a hitmonchan for the first time would be like seeing a tiger in person for the first time for you IRL.

-And yes, the fusion pokemon. This element's purpose is twofold: First, it brings something new, unique and silly for you to play off of, and it would further involve our characters in Team Rocket plot stuff.
Basically, you're going to take a combo you get from here, (prefrably letting random chance choose for you) and start with the pokemons' most base state for your pokemon. You can switch the base and modifying pokemon as you like. These pokemon will likely wind up evolving more than twice, and do so in whatever order you find appropriate for the story.

~~~
If you are interested in participating, fill out this general info sheet for your character. Once I get some input, I'll customize some plot to fit some particular details that I need from you. Feel free to re-imagine your WoW characters as human children if you'd like.

Name:
Appearance:
Goals:
Pokemon partner:
Other:
[-] The following 3 users Like Dae's post:
  • Krilari, ImagenAshyun, Rini
PM
Name: Imagen Ashyun
Age: 15 (because giving Pokemon to children is responsible, right? :| )
Appearance: Short girl with brown skin and black hair (or blue if you go by game/anime colors). Dresses more boyish than girly.
Goals: To come to an understanding of fusion Pokemon more, especially her Kadausaur.
Pokemon partner: Kadausaur, nicknamed "Autumn" (for his colors).
Other: Not sure. Do you allow more than 3 types in one pokemon (since Venusaur is Grass/Poison)?
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Woop! I could sit fusing pokemon all day. I'll make one when I get back home.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
PM
Name: Hugh McAengus
Appearance: While a long, plaid kilt covers his legs down past his knees the man usually lacks a shirt- which is to some's dismay. While it's obvious that he has a deal of strength to his form, he also has a fair deal of 'chunky' weight all the same. His hair is curly and brow, fitting the scruffy and poorly-tended hairs growing on his chin.
Goals: While he takes a great pleasure in seeing the world and everything it has to offer, Hugh has a more direct hope for the end of his journey- to gather enough funds to start a restaurant worthy of masters and common men all alike.
Pokemon partner: A Marolithe named "Conall"
Other: Remember, nothing is worn under the kilt. In matter of fact everything's in working order. Cue Rimshot
[-] The following 1 user Likes Krilari's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
Name: Sophie Hyacinth Evangeline Beckett
Appearance: She has long, bright blonde hair. She wears a dress which is bright yellow, similar to the colour of her pokémon Psygey, and is obviously not dressed for adventure.
Goals: Have fun, meet new friends, and do the opposite of what her parents tell her to.
Pokemon partner: She recently befriended a Psygey and does not yet have a nickname for it.
Other: Caterpie's head looks awesome on any pokémon. Try it! Nevermind. Still looks hilarious on some pokémon.

Something might be wrong with this one.
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
PM
Name: Herana
Appearance:
[Image: vP3Mf1h.gif]
Goals: To decipher the strange language she has encountered, and, of course, to explore!
Pokemon partner: Gasran, 'Phantom'.
[Image: wwcOhsT.gif]
Other: Phantom's pokéball is engraved with an ancient language. She's trying to find out what it means.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Delta's post:
  • ImagenAshyun
PM
So, let me sum it up.

You're a 12 years old kid who goes and traps wildlife in pokéballs for the rest of their lives and only lets them out to fight each other in arenas, and also rackets takes money from other kids you defeat with your pokémon?

Actually sounds fun, if you could let a noob whose only Pokémon experience was running a black trade card market as a teen. :|
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
PM
Name: Ken
Appearance: Ken is a tall, slim teen usually dressed in a black and orange track suit. His black hair is cut short and spiked.
Goals: To be the very best damn pokemon trainer there ever was!
Pokemon partner: A fierce Tentadude, nicknamed Rocky.
[Image: y2XQJw6.png]
Other: How is the pokemon type handled? Just the base or a mix?
“Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.”
― Frank Zappa
PM
Name: Leenock, though usually sticks to just 'Lee'.
Appearance: Brown hair and green eyes. Wears a loose vest and trousers tucked into leather footwraps, as well as keeping a simple rucksack for travelling purposes.
Goals: Learn more about Ground and Fire types, then work on breeding.
Pokemon partner: Just a normal Cubone.
Other: We don't have to start with fusions, do we? I'd like to be able to create one through RP, if that's okay. Will this be done over the forums or through Skype?
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
Name: Meela
Appearance: Blonde hair, green eyes. Wears a simple green dress with a sash for pokeballs.
Goals: To win lots of pokemon battles and make friends.
Pokemon partner: Maggie the Goldtung.
Other: They all look so ridiculous... the website made for a good few laughs, especially with anything involving zubat.
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
PM
With typing, choose however you would like to handle the situation- if, say, a flying type pokemon is fused and has no wings or something, you can make the executive decision to make it flying type or not. We're going more on anime logic than game logic, mind you.

I also should have specified- your characters have not yet met your pokemon fusion partners. I will actually have individual RP for how you go about meeting, unless you strongly wish to have a bond between your characters and your pokemon before they go on their adventure. (probably a year or so, max)

Also, if any of you don't have a preference for a starting town, we might just start in Viridian City.
PM
Oh! In that case, http://pokemon.alexonsager.net/111/105 is the fusion I seek. I'll stick with Cubone for a starter. Viridian City is fine.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
I found this.
Spoiler:
[Image: aADpK.gif]
I want there to be only the picture here, but sadly it is too large so I have to spoiler it and the spoiler doesn't appear if I don't write anything else here so now that's done, it's time for you to press it.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ebenezer's post:
  • Aethon, ImagenAshyun, Lunaxy
PM
Pokemon rp? Ouch right in the nostalgia. Should be a nice change of pace. :)

Name: Jack Fleming
Appearance: Black hair, blue eyes, carries a ratty brown messenger bag.
Goals: To find fossils of ancient pokemon and revive them.
Pokemon partner: Polibell
Other: Nothin' for now.

PM
Quote:I also should have specified- your characters have not yet met your pokemon fusion partners. I will actually have individual RP for how you go about meeting, unless you strongly wish to have a bond between your characters and your pokemon before they go on their adventure. (probably a year or so, max)

I tend to go about this in almost any Pokemon RP I've been in, usually because I almost always start with an Abra--a Pokemon that is difficult to raise off the bat without other Pokemon to assist you (both in the game and implied in the anime), and having me bonded with my Abra at the start of the RP saves the other RPer a lot of boring training montages. Though if you'd rather I'd start with the base evolutions, I can stick with an Abasaur for now :).
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APB Reloaded, Story of the Crew (Open to anyone who wants to participate!) Harmonic 7 343 08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Last Post: Unlucky17