08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 360
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2648
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85254
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2217
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3396

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Raz [Troll]
Player: Memnoch

Character Full Name: Raz

Character In-Game Name: Raz

Association(s): Darkspear Trolls, Horde

Race: Troll

Class: Headhunter (Hunter)

Skills and Abilities: As a headhunter, Raz has trained a lot in tracking. He may not be able to identify what he's tracking 100% of the time, but he can follow it if it's possible to do so. He also subsequently has a great deal of proficiency in throwing spears/javelins, both at long- and short-range, at the cost of being much less experienced at bowmanship.

Sex: Male

Hair: Green w/yellowish highlights

Eyes: Orange

Weight: 265lbs

Height: 7'3"

Usual Garments/Armor: Almost always dressed in his worn, protective leathers. These are of mottled hues, to aid him in hiding when he's tracking his prey.

Other: He wears a quiver on his back designed for five throwing spears and another, stronger-looking and slightly longer one, obviously to be used for close-quarter combat.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality: Raz isn't above mercenary work, but his heart will always be with his tribe. Only for them will he go out on a limb, and even then, only for the tribe as a whole, not just one individual, generally speaking. Apart from this, he's mostly out for himself. When out in the world, he's pretty at home in the wilderness, easily finding edible substances and places to sleep. When in cities, he makes the nearest bar his home, trading gossip (and occasional blows) with locals. For the most part, he goes about life as he wishes, and doesn't give a flying fig about who he offends on the way (except the head of the guard...maybe).

He also disagrees with the fact that the Darkspear have been told to give up some of their traditions because other races find them "creepy" or "wrong". After all, "I don' go an' tell 'em what to do meself, mon, so why should dey do dat to us?"

History: Raz, a Darkspear Troll, spent much of his youth learning how to play games of the searching and finding sort, like Hide and Seek. He was always good at figuring out where his playmates were hiding, and had a knack for following signs of where they went (a broken twig here, a bent leaf there, over there some footprints). In fact, he never gave up the habit, and became a headhunter when he came of age. He was taught by his elders how to survive in the wilderness in case he ever got cut off from help or lost (though the latter was rare, as he had, and still has, an excellent sense of direction and could also follow his own trail back home). This came in handy several times during the attacks of the murlocs on Darkspear Island. Life wasn't exactly easy, but he managed quite well.

As an aside, Raz was always interested in the powerful voodoo magics his elders, the shadow hunters, used, but he never got the chance to start practicing them in full, and was never really taught anything. He still hopes to one day rise to the status of shadow hunter, and tries to keep an eye out for anyone willing to train him.

Raz was 26 when Thrall arrived, and was quite impressed along with his tribe-mates at the strength and compassion Thrall exuded in equal amounts, and was grateful to the Orc when he offered the Trolls a place in the Horde when their island began to sink. He later found out that the Sea Witch had caused the event, though he has little idea what to do with the knowledge.

Upon arriving at Kalimdor's shores, he helped the Horde as a scout and tracker after making landfall. He learned a few tips from an orc he got friendly with during the fighting with the centaurs about close-quarters combat with his spear, and later took those tips to heart, always trying to close with his targets at some point so he can get his "practice" in.

From there, his life was much the same as any other troll's, though through the hardships of his life (having to constantly fight to save his home, losing that home anyway, coming to a strange land where they had to fight to survive yet again, finally finding a new home...only to have it taken yet once more from Zalazane) began to wear on him. He drifted away from the eager-to-please youngling he had been to what's now, more or less, a guy who simply doesn't care about much, other than his tribe and those who helped them.

Of late, he's taken to travelling, trying to see if there are other safe havens in the world for his people, perhaps, as he firmly believes that the Darkspear are condemned to move from place to place, that every time they finally find a new place to live, something else will come along and uproot them again.

Spoiler:
This is my first ever attempt at Troll lore, so I apologize if there's mistakes!
Feedback

[Image: ad300x100.png]
Lendri made me do it! Her signature sucked me in!

Spoiler:
[Image: 3801bacbd658b72b4b2b54b893f5ce535d54636d...264c_1.jpg]
PM
Quote:not just one individual, genereally speaking.
not just one individual, generally speaking.

Quote:He learned a few tips from a orc he got friendly with during the fighitng with the centaurs
He learned a few tips from an orc he got friendly with during the fighting with the centaurs

Quote:of his life (haveing to constantly fight to save his home, losing that home anyway,

of his life (having to constantly fight to save his home, losing that home anyway,

PM
@Whorak: And here I even proofread that thing twice! >.< No, but thanks, though :)
Feedback

Spoiler:
[-] The following 1 user Likes Memnoch's post:
  • Whorak
PM
My grammar check picked up most of the spelling errors. If you change it before those purple-named people read it, I won't say a thing! Hug

PM
My Miscrosoft Word has stopped working, actually, and the code on my PC doesn't work any more, so I have no grammar check any more :(
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
I just realized that this name has already been taken. When I wake up, I'll brainstorm for another one!

>.<
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
Hi there! I can help with some troll lore spots. (I'm not an expert, but I know my slice of cheese)

Quote:He still hopes to one day rise to the status of shadow hunter, even if that might be much more difficult with much of their magics outlawed by the new Horde.

I may be mistaken since I don't read a lot on Garrosh's newer stuff, but... Troll shadow magic isn't outlawed, as far as I know. Nor is it limited. Thrall and Garrosh hated the use of -warlock- magic, but troll magic is based on voodoo, the loa, and (usually only for Gurubashi) blood magic, while the warlocks use demonic power.

Quote:Of late, he's taken to travelling, trying to see if there are other safe havens in the world for his people, perhaps, as he firmly believes that the Darkspear are condemned to move from place to place, never finding a permanent home.

As for the last part of that sentence, the Darkspears have more or less had a permanent home in Durotar ever since they found the Echo Isles. Sure, after Admiral Proudmoore's little bout with the Horde (after which Zalazane took the opportunity and stole the islands when they were reclaimed), they had to flee to the mainland and settled at Sen'jin Village, but they've for the most part had a permanent life in the southern coast of Durotar.

Which also brings my curious eyes on this!

Quote: (having to constantly fight to save his home, losing that home anyway, coming to a strange land where they had to fight to survive yet again, finally finding a new home...only to have it taken yet once more from Zalazane)

The Darkspears lived a peaceful life on the Echo Isles. The most you'd have to worry about was the occasional feral island tiger, and that was only when you were out hunting. In Sen'jin it was also rather peaceful, aside from the occasional centaur raid. The only two large instances of trouble the Darkspears had in Durotar was Admiral Proudmoore's men saying 'oh, trolls? Shoo.' and Zalazane cackling over a fire whilst carrying around skulls full of voodoo liquid that brainwashes his men. (Not mostly serious on the Zalazane bit, just joking a bit).
PM
(08-13-2013, 10:21 PM)Zenethen Wrote:
Quote: (having to constantly fight to save his home, losing that home anyway, coming to a strange land where they had to fight to survive yet again, finally finding a new home...only to have it taken yet once more from Zalazane)

The Darkspears lived a peaceful life on the Echo Isles. The most you'd have to worry about was the occasional feral island tiger, and that was only when you were out hunting. In Sen'jin it was also rather peaceful, aside from the occasional centaur raid. The only two large instances of trouble the Darkspears had in Durotar was Admiral Proudmoore's men saying 'oh, trolls? Shoo.' and Zalazane cackling over a fire whilst carrying around skulls full of voodoo liquid that brainwashes his men. (Not mostly serious on the Zalazane bit, just joking a bit).

I mostly meant when they first arrived, being that first impressions are the most important. Almost as soon as they landed, the orcs and trolls were fighting again, for what looked like quite a while, according to some videos I've watched of WC3. More recently, that's calmed down, but my troll fully expects this to be a temporary lull on the whole. Explained further in the next section :)

Quote:Of late, he's taken to travelling, trying to see if there are other safe havens in the world for his people, perhaps, as he firmly believes that the Darkspear are condemned to move from place to place, never finding a permanent home.

As for the last part of that sentence, the Darkspears have more or less had a permanent home in Durotar ever since they found the Echo Isles. Sure, after Admiral Proudmoore's little bout with the Horde (after which Zalazane took the opportunity and stole the islands when they were reclaimed), they had to flee to the mainland and settled at Sen'jin Village, but they've for the most part had a permanent life in the southern coast of Durotar.

Skimming over what little lore I could find (since troll lore kinda twists in with orcish for a while there), it seemed that every time the trolls have settled down, something's happened to uproot them, lately (excepting their most recent settlement, naturally). I wanted to ingrain that thought into my troll, that his people were sort of doomed to not find a permanent home, having to move every so often because something would happen. I'll take what you said to heart though, and re-word this part accordingly :P

Quote:He still hopes to one day rise to the status of shadow hunter, even if that might be much more difficult with much of their magics outlawed by the new Horde.

I may be mistaken since I don't read a lot on Garrosh's newer stuff, but... Troll shadow magic isn't outlawed, as far as I know. Nor is it limited. Thrall and Garrosh hated the use of -warlock- magic, but troll magic is based on voodoo, the loa, and (usually only for Gurubashi) blood magic, while the warlocks use demonic power.

After hunting around WoWWiki (specifically here), it seems that many of the Trolls rituals and ways are so violent/destructive/unnerving to much of the Horde, that they've put a lot of pressure on the trolls to put a stop to a lot of it. Just as one example, they no longer practice cannibalism. Perhaps "outlawed" is a bit strong of a word, though, and I can come up with another way to put it.
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
Updated, and name fixed to one not listed on the wiki XD
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
(08-14-2013, 05:10 AM)Memnoch Wrote:

After hunting around WoWWiki (specifically here), it seems that many of the Trolls rituals and ways are so violent/destructive/unnerving to much of the Horde, that they've put a lot of pressure on the trolls to put a stop to a lot of it. Just as one example, they no longer practice cannibalism. Perhaps "outlawed" is a bit strong of a word, though, and I can come up with another way to put it.

*Nods* Zenethen is correct. What was outlawed was the Old Ways; that included cannibalism, warlock magic, blood magic, sexism, and sacrifices. Voodoo as a whole in troll culture is viewed as a sort of "necessary evil". Shadow hunters are certainly allowed, not having been dropped with the rest of the Old Ways, especially considering that their magic comes from the loa themselves and not anything that's been prohibited. Another way of putting it would be certainly appreciated! (Sorry if this wording is odd!)
PM
There we go, how's that? Change it up so we stay away from mentioning that :P
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
Quote:Eyes: Black

This is not an applicable eye colour for trolls, nor any playable race to my knowledge. Could you please change this?

Quote:As an aside, Raz was always interested in the powerful voodoo magics his elders, the shadow hunters, used, but he never got the chance to start practicing them in full, and was never really taught anything outside sensing nearby magic, though he is by no means proficient at it.

This is a really long run-on sentence. Please split this up into two sentences. :D Additionally, as this is an unusual ability, I'd like to see it in your "Skills and Abilities" section. This is also not a shadow hunter ability, and I would like to have you detail in his history how he learned such a skill.

Quote:Speaking of the Horde, Raz was 26 when Thrall arrived, and was quite impressed along with his tribe-mates at the strength and compassion Thrall exuded in equal amounts, and was grateful to the Orc when he offered the Trolls a place in the Horde when their island began to sink.

This paragraph and sentence starts off oddly. There wasn't any mention of the horde in the previous paragraph. Perhaps change how it starts, or take out the "Speaking of the Horde"?
PM
WoWWiki has nothing on eye colour for trolls that I saw, so I just rolled with a random one, actually :) As far as sensing magic, I was under the impression that anyone who knew magic in any form could, at the very least, sense it out. Being that it seemed like a rudimentary skill, I added it in, though it has been removed for now in case I'm wrong. The "speaking of the horde" thing was actually from the old writing before I changed it, and read "He still hopes to one day rise to the status of shadow hunter, even if that might be much more difficult with much of their magics outlawed by the new Horde." I simply forgot to remove it *facepalm* Fixed now, however.
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM
(08-15-2013, 09:31 AM)Memnoch Wrote: WoWWiki has nothing on eye colour for trolls that I saw, so I just rolled with a random one, actually :) As far as sensing magic, I was under the impression that anyone who knew magic in any form could, at the very least, sense it out. Being that it seemed like a rudimentary skill, I added it in, though it has been removed for now. The "speaking of the horde" thing was actually from the old writing before I changed it, and read "He still hopes to one day rise to the status of shadow hunter, even if that might be much more difficult with much of their magics outlawed by the new Horde." I simply forgot to remove it *facepalm* Fixed now, however.

Tauren and Night Elves can sense fel magic; the only classes that can sense magic are spellbreakers and magi. It's not rudimentary by any sense - it's a very particular skill. I'm currently rooting around to look into eye colours (since the only eye colour we see in game for EVERY troll face is orange), but everything else looks fine as it currently stands!
PM
I'll change 'em to orange, then! :P

Also, seems I was misinformed. Ah well.
Feedback

Spoiler:
PM