Kreets

[-]
Latest Threads
"Is the CotH Forum Still Up...?"
Last Post: Rosencrat
11-01-2017 05:12 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 36852
RL Picture thread #2 (No vulgar this tim...
Last Post: Stealthscout
01-24-2017 02:42 PM
» Replies: 2491
» Views: 97218
Bingles' Feedback Thread
Last Post: Aethon
01-19-2017 01:32 AM
» Replies: 39
» Views: 39969
Sultanofswing29`s Introduction
Last Post: Sultanofswing29
09-18-2016 08:19 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 31494
Zyga21
Last Post: Maulbane
09-14-2016 07:32 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 25499

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Read these two statements...
"A dream is a dream because you wake up. If dreams were reality, everything would seem boring."

"A dream is a dream because you can make it real. Striving for things is what people do."

Which statement do you believe is more correct? Do you feel that these statements are mutually exclusive, or are they both true to some degree?

Discuss, because I just love questions like these. ;-)
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
PM
[quote="Grakor456"]"A dream is a dream because you wake up. If dreams were reality, everything would seem boring."

"A dream is a dream because you can make it real. Striving for things is what people do."

Ok if dreams were reality everything wouldn't be boring..it would be really fun because you would be in everyone elses dream too, it'd be a really different world.

And the second sentence that is true,except for lazy people that do nothing. :D
PM
I rarely feel like things are mutually exclusive. I feel the first statement is true, because dreams, daydreams, fantasy, and whatever else you want to call it gives your brain a break. Brains that are allowed no margin for dreaming become overworked and stressed, while dreaming brains are allowed a chance to reassemble information in a seemingly nonsense way, allowing an outlet and a place to rest.

That said, I feel the second statement is also true, because these "brain vacations" often provide us with some of our greatest inspiration. We take old information, turn it a different way, and see something new in it, and then we can act on that. Without these sorts of dreams, invention, art and industry would stagnate.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
PM
Dreams are a way to be entertained without neccesarily needing games, or movies. A dream is like a movie for your brain, or a Game, if you can influence the dream. I love dreams, because you never know what it's going to be.
Hammerfall: Paladin of the Light, head of the Hammer of Justice
Ragnarr: The Stormcaller, Elemental Shaman
DECEASED: Moriela: Evil Shadow Priestess
PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storylines: How to write things people will read Harmonic 18 643 03-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Last Post: Piroska
  This has to be the saddest thing I've ever read. Roxas65 6 331 06-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Books, I need to read some. Shane 12 231 11-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Last Post: Miah
  CRESSY...read. Tarne 0 211 01-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Last Post: Tarne
  A good read. DrinkArizona 1 155 09-30-2009, 02:22 AM
Last Post: Maulbane