[-]
Main Menu
Portal
Forums
Wiki
Rules
FAQs
Events Calendar
Downloads

[-]
Latest Threads
Where Are You Now?
Last Post: Sourpuddle
08-26-2020 08:16 AM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 361
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2658
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 85272
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2231
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3397

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Riggs Ravenhook [Goblin]
#1
Player: Diethe

Character Full Name: Riggs Ravenhook

Character In-Game Name: Riggs

Nickname(s): Riggs, The Raven, Reggash (To the orcs), Hooknose (To his enemies)

Association(s): Steamwheedle Cartel

Race: Goblin

Class: Rogue

Skills and Abilities: A goblin-craft grappling hook allowing a claw with rope 30 feet long to hook up to objects or walls. The claw itself is shaped like a shark, can hold well even to stone walls and can hold triple Riggs' weight.

Age: 58

Sex: Male

Hair: Graying and kept short, often spiked.

Eyes: Purple

Weight: 53 lbs

Height: 3'4"

Usual Garments/Armor: Cured leather vest and trousers, fingerless gloves, soft boots.

Other: He has a significant number of earrings and piercings on his face, with three hook earrings on his left ear and a pair of pearl earrings on both ears. He also has one big hooknose earring on his nose. He keeps his face stubbled and rarely shaves aside from his hair.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Personality:
Riggs is a materialistic goblin with a keen eye for valuables, especially jewelry. He deems wealth in high regard and sees it as a great equalizer between lowborn like him and the big heroes out saving the world. While most would consider his work heinous and sinister even for goblin standards, he doesn’t balk from doing the dirty work few would be so bold to openly admit but do so anyway. He strives for more contracts and jobs from the corporate suits as not only do they pay more, but also because it is a sign that even those upper-class thieves need people like him in the shadows. And while he doesn't quite resent or see them as antagonists, he does view them as his equals, especially to those who deserve it. He was close to the the people of Drudgetown and relied on their inconspicuousness to get information and rumors during his days as an independent thief before the Cataclysm.

Riggs believes in practicality and logical decisions; the blunt old thief rarely shows his sentimentality or emotion. At moments like these when he's had too much to handle he often takes off and wanders the streets of the city he is currently in and enjoys freerunning and overlooking the city from the rooftops, pondering on his actions and looking at what everyone else is doing.

While he may not be the best or most skilled at what he does, he makes up for it in careful preparation and planning, often having several contingencies and backup plans. It is one of the main reasons why, for someone like a goblin and a burglar at the same time, he is still alive today.


History:
Riggs was born and raised in the streets of Bilgewater Port in Drugetown where his father would occasionally get in and out of work as a corporate wage slave while their mother taught them how to eke out a living in a world full of takers and grabbers. Inadvertently, it was these simple skills of scavenging and pickpocketing from careless goblinfolk in town that led Riggs towards the path that he would take later in life.

While they certainly did not live in the lap of luxury, they were manage to get by and eat well enough. As Riggs grew however and his old folks got older, they recieved less and less coins for his father's work, especially with taxes and prices always going up. Riggs grew up, being taught the value of wealth to counter hardship and how goblins like themselves have to give a lot more of their lives just to live in relative ease compared to the corporations and the cartels.

Along the streets of Kezan always looming above him were the splendid villas and race tracks of the big executives, barons, and trade princes. and even below, the opulence of the tales of riches within the Undermine under the Steamwheedles. It was in these cobblestone streets that he and a small band of young vagabonds and urchins of the streets shared tales of gold and treasures among each other; all of them living in an impossibly steep land of opportunity under a cartels of extreme opulence and wealth; and only a select few would enjoy. Within this close cadre of friends was the urchin Kazznik, their leader, who was the most determined of them to break from his bonds of slavery and gain wealth and status. He would become Riggs' best friend and would teach Riggs and the other young goblins how to climb the rooftops, snatch purses and cause some mischief for fun along the way to the dismay of the slow moving bots and bruisers 'patrolling' their own interests.

Growing up with this close-knit brotherhood, it was an unfortunate loss when Kazznik disappeared one day and was said to be vaporized for whatever reason. Riggs was approached by a stranger who introduced himself as Kazznik's older foster brother Gazznik, a master thief in Bilgewater who was rearing Kazznik to be his protege. Riggs was offered the same tutelage Kazz received, and he readily accepted to live both his and Kazz's dream. Moving from picking pockets to marking valuable targets and items, he was taught to move like the wind and be more silent than the night. His first catch, a stunning gold statue of a fat goblin woman, earned him more pay than both his parents combined. It was an exhilarating prize for the young sneak, and though he kept it from his father, his mother silently consented to his son's line of work especially with work being cut short from his hardworking father. He would move on and be given jobs by middle merchants and eventually nobodies from trading companies who wish to acquire or get rid of the competition.

As a journeyman thief working outside petty crimes, there were certain limits to how well-known you could be and eventually he was exposed to certain names who didn't like their valuables being taken away from them. Like Kazz, he was taken to a rich baron's villa to face certain death, if not for the intervention of an unknown goblin from the Steamwheedle Cartel who needed him alive. To his surprise, it was Gazznik, an agent for the Steamwheedles working within Bildgewater Territory that set him loose. He would work and pay his life debt for years to come under the Steamwheedles without much fear or reprisal of the law. Eventually he even worked for them during the Second War as a spy and scout for the orcs. Due to his helpfulness, the orcs called him 'Reggash', an honorary orc name he would keep and use to this day.

During the Third War, he ended his contract with the Steamwheedles and returned to Drudgetown with news of his father's peaceful passing. Although slightly regretful of his actions as a cutthroat compared to his father's honest and hard work, he was more regretful about the fact that he died without a coin to his name. Realizing he wasted time with the Steamwheedles, he got the old gang back together and set sights Bilgewater Port's treasures with their coordinated tactics, heists and robberies with no end in sight. With careful planning, goblincraft tools and equipment and knowledge of the city's ins and outs, they manage to evade the law every time.

He's been at his game for a long time surviving as a decent thief, helping his mother and having the time of his life, until of course everything changed with the earth stirring and all.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
PM
Reply
#2
Quote:Skills and Abilities: Grappling hook allowing to hook up to objects or walls. (Not sure which skill properly fits this, but I'm pretty sure I'm okay with it being a purely RP skill)

I'm fine with this. However, I think you should describe the grappling hook. Doing so will come into use when you use the skill, since there might come a time when you'll want to know how long it is, how well it can hook into material (and what material), and how much weight it can hold.

Quote:Realizing he wasted time with the Steamwheedles, he got the old gang back together and took Bilgewater Port by storm with their coordinated tactics, heists and robberies with no end in sight.

I'm hesitant about the use of 'taking by storm' here, since the saying has to do with quickly becoming infamous or popular. The gang didn't seem that large and so I don't see how they could have become quickly infamous in a port of 14,000 residents. If they were, I'm going to ask that you provide plenty of elaboration as to how those heists and robberies caused their crimes to gain city-wide (or in this case port-wide) attention.

Quote:He is close to the the people of Drudgetown and relies on their inconspicuousness to get the latest information on everything under the sun.

He can be close to the people from Drudgetown, but they wouldn't still be living there anymore since Mount Kajaro erupted and the evacuation happened.

Quote:Other: He has a significant number of earrings and piercings on his face.

Lastly, I have a suggestion I wanted to make personally, so you don't have to make this change. I think it would be beneficial to specify what on his face is pierced. It would help for those who want to know about how he looks, and a well defined physiognomy gives a character distinguishing features that other characters can identify him with.

As for the rest of this, it's just grammar/sentence structure stuff. I'll put it in this spoiler for the sake of keeping this post organized:

Spoiler:

Quote:Nickname(s): Riggs, The Raven, Reggash (To the orcs), Hooknose (To his enemies)

Another parenthesis needs to be added here (I've highlighted the necessary parenthesis).

Quote:Usual Garments/Armor: Cured leather vest and trousers, Fingerless gloves, Soft boots.

The words 'fingerless' and 'soft' don't need to be capitalized in this sentence.

Quote:He strives for more contracts and jobs from the corporate suits as not only do they pay more, but also because a sign that even those upper-class thieves need people like him in the shadows.

The transition there was rough, so I've suggested the addition of a word, which is highlighted. You don't have to make this change, but it would help smooth the sentence out a bit.

Quote:His first catch, a stunning gold statue of a fat goblin woman from a goblin's wife, earned him more pay than both his parents combined.

There should be a comma after wife, which I've highlighted. As for the sentence, I can't tell if you meant to say 'of a goblin's wife' rather than 'from a goblin's wife'. And I wonder this mainly because I'm wondering why a Goblin woman would own a golden statue of a fat woman. But if this is what you meant, ignore this (other than the comma suggestion).

Quote:He would work and pay his life debt for years to come under the Steamwheedles without much fear or reprisal from the law, eventually even working for them during the Second War as a spy and scout for the orcs who called him 'Reggash' an honorary orc name given to him.

You should probably change the 'from' that I've bolded to an 'of', since I assume the fear and reprisal referred to here would be coming from Riggs, not the law. I also think the information about him working for the Orcs could stand as its own sentence (although I'm fine with it as is).

Quote:During the Third War, he ended his contract with the Steamwheedles and returned to Drudgetown with news of his father's peaceful passing.

I suggest you add a comma where I have it highlighted and put in.

This last one is a nit-pick, so you don't have to make the change, but I wanted to suggest it nevertheless:

Quote:Although slightly regretful of his actions as a cutthroat compared to his father's honest and hard work, he regretted more how he died without even a gold coin to his name.

The sentence is a bit distracting. I've highlighted the part that makes it distracting. I'd suggest changing this part of the sentence to something along the lines of 'he was more regretful about how he died' or 'he was more regretful about the fact that he died'.

[Image: anim_500.gif]
PM
Reply
#3
Quote:I'm fine with this. However, I think you should describe the grappling hook. Doing so will come into use when you use the skill, since there might come a time when you'll want to know how long it is, how well it can hook into material (and what material), and how much weight it can hold.

Fixed.

Quote:I'm hesitant about the use of 'taking by storm' here, since the saying has to do with quickly becoming infamous or popular. The gang didn't seem that large and so I don't see how they could have become quickly infamous in a port of 14,000 residents. If they were, I'm going to ask that you provide plenty of elaboration as to how those heists and robberies caused their crimes to gain city-wide (or in this case port-wide) attention.

Didn't really a mention how the crimes gained city-wide attention or of particular fame but there was no end in sight due to their coordinated tactics and survivability and they were pretty efficient. Anyway, I'll take out that taking by storm part and elaborate.

Quote:He can be close to the people from Drudgetown, but they wouldn't still be living there anymore since Mount Kajaro erupted and the evacuation happened.

Fixed.

Quote:Lastly, I have a suggestion I wanted to make personally, so you don't have to make this change. I think it would be beneficial to specify what on his face is pierced. It would help for those who want to know about how he looks, and a well defined physiognomy gives a character distinguishing features that other characters can identify him with.

Added a few stuff.

Quote:Nickname(s): Riggs, The Raven, Reggash (To the orcs), Hooknose (To his enemies)

Fixed.

Quote:Usual Garments/Armor: Cured leather vest and trousers, Fingerless gloves, Soft boots.

Fixed.

Quote:The transition there was rough, so I've suggested the addition of a word, which is highlighted. You don't have to make this change, but it would help smooth the sentence out a bit.

"But also because it is a sign" - added.

Quote:There should be a comma after wife, which I've highlighted. As for the sentence, I can't tell if you meant to say 'of a goblin's wife' rather than 'from a goblin's wife'. And I wonder this mainly because I'm wondering why a Goblin woman would own a golden statue of a fat woman. But if this is what you meant, ignore this (other than the comma suggestion).

Removed the fat goblin woman.

Quote:He would work and pay his life debt for years to come under the Steamwheedles without much fear or reprisal from the law, eventually even working for them during the Second War as a spy and scout for the orcs who called him 'Reggash' an honorary orc name given to him.

Fixed.

Quote:During the Third War, he ended his contract with the Steamwheedles and returned to Drudgetown with news of his father's peaceful passing.

Fixed.

Quote:Although slightly regretful of his actions as a cutthroat compared to his father's honest and hard work, he regretted more how he died without even a gold coin to his name.

Yep saw the mistake.



Thanks for all those corrections. Those were very helpful.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
PM
Reply
#4
An enjoyable read. Approved!

Wikified!
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
PM
Reply


Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zizzori Goldsteam [Goblin Warlock] ThePharaoh 1 157 01-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Rusty Reed [Goblin Squire] Caravan 4 1,301 11-09-2014, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Gizmo Greenback [Goblin][Twilight Elementalist/Dark Shaman] Beltharean 6 185 10-03-2014, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Ural
  [Staff] Antonio Ponzi [Goblin Ex - Confidence artist] Stealthscout 1 219 09-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Dyma Facebuster [Goblin DK] Jonoth 6 321 07-15-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Reigen



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

youth-backhand
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.