11-24-2020 06:53 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 430
What is glistening
Last Post: Xigo
08-17-2020 10:19 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 2998
You are a fond memory. Good night, CoTH...
Last Post: CappnRob
05-01-2020 08:05 PM
» Replies: 32
» Views: 86031
You Can't Go Home Again
Last Post: Scout
03-15-2019 09:24 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2567
"Years of Service" Awards
Last Post: Maulbane
05-26-2018 09:58 PM
» Replies: 100
» Views: 3418

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Google AdStuff

Romas the Unrelenting (Human Warrior / Gladiator)
Player: Katava

Character Full Name: Thomas Hallsworth

Character In-Game Name: Romas

Nickname(s): “Grand Master” “Slave” "The Unrelenting"

Association(s): In and around the Gurubashi Arena

Race: Human

Class: Warrior (Gladiator)

Skills and Abilities: His fighting style is very calculated. He favors a Sword / spear along with a shield. He uses these tools along with his light armor in order to maneuver in combat and make quick devastating blows to open points.

Sex: Male

Hair: Reddish-brown

Eyes: Brown

Weight: 185 lbs

Height: 6’5”
Usual Garments/Armor: Romas is famed for wearing his helmet nearly everywhere. No one know what he look like under it and he prefers to keep it as such…Another thing that may be notable is that his outfit is not what the typical human would wear, most of it appears to be of orchish craft.
Other: N/A

Alignment: Neutral

Personality: Romas is a man of action, being the nature of his career he hardly ever turns down a challenge.
Romas despises weakness and cowardice. Such things are considered “pet peeves” of his, and he often will call someone out on it if he finds out.
Romas strives for victory at all costs. He won’t stoop to lying, cheating, or stealing, but is ever relentless in his quest for victory.

History:
The story of “Romas the Unrelenting” is not one of glory, or battles won, but one of sorrow. Thomas Hallsworth, born and raised in the hills of Redridge on a quaint little farmstead. He lived there with his father, mother, and two sisters, working and playing as boys do. When he was very young he found great enjoyment in going out on the lake with his father on their family boat to fish in the wee-hours of the morning.
This curiosity followed him as he grew. Thomas worked in the Lakeshire docks as a member of a fishing crew when he was fifteen. He showed great prowess in navigating and maintaining a ship, and was often well-liked with his peers.
One day, however misfortune fell upon the Hallsworth family…Thomas’ father had fallen ill as the elderly often do. Unable to provide for his family the Hallsworths fell into poverty….Thomas, now a young adult, knew it was his time to step up and provide. Without hesitation he enlisted into the Alliance naval force.

Thomas trained for many months preparing to serve, he wrote his family every day, as well as sending them the handful of copper and silver he’d earn, trying to do the best he could for them. He often worried of his father, but with every letter he received from home, things just seemed to get worse and worse….

At last the day had finally arrived where Thomas would officially serve the Alliance on the open sea! He and his crew were destined for the northern seas, to combat the forces of the horde. The journey at sea took several weeks, until late one night it began…A horde destroyer attacked Thomas’ vessel. The crew tried as they may to combat the attacking forces, but alas they were defeated. Thomas was arising from his bunk when a support beam fell and struck him in the head. As he lie unconscious, one for the few survivors, he clung warily to a splintered off board of the ship’s hull....

Beaten and bruised by the attack, he awoke floating adrift at sea. A goblin fishing boat had found him and rescued him, or did they? He was taken to a small port city somewhere off the southern coast of the Eastern Kingdoms. The port was used as a resupply point for ships, as well as a place to deal some shady business. There he was forced to fight for the entertainment. Being forced to fight for fear of his life, he picked up fighting quite naturally, it came almost as easy as breathing after the first kill. Fighting was all he knew. He grew thirsty for bloodshed...

In the slave pits he met an orc, Roagg Speartooth, a dishonored grunt who failed to protect his brothers in the chaos of combat. He spoke with Thomas, and taught him the ways of honor and combat (Essentially the orcish way) they grew to become close friends.

Thomas became a famed fighter in the pits. The knew him as “Romas, the unrelenting” due to his tenacity in combat. After fighting all manner of man or beast without defeat, Romas had finally earned a right to his freedom, But he had to claim victory in one final battle. Romas was forced to combat his long-time friend Roagg. They fought ferociously, but in the end Romas was the victor, however…He could not bring himself to kill his longtime friend. Roagg looked up to Romas as he lie there in defeat. Boldly he grasped Romas’ blade and said to him.. ”You must always claim your victory, regardless of the cost.” Before he plunged the blade into his own chest…

Romas had earned his freedom from the pits. He left that day, sorrow filled his heart at the death of his friend, but he meditated on his words…He ventured in the southern Eastern kingdoms, but in the most unlikely of places….Stranglethorn vale…Alone he navigated the vast jungle, until one day he happened upon the Gurubashi arena. The roar of the crowd drew him closer….As he entered the gates he knew he had found his home…

What of the family of Thomas Hallsworth you may ask? To this day they reside on their small farm, his sisters grew up to marry and mother children, his father passed away shortly after Thomas was assumed dead, and his mother sits by the window every night staring at the road, waiting for her son to return home…
PM
(03-05-2013, 04:12 PM)Katava Wrote: Character In-Game Name: Romas the Unrelenting

Nickname(s): “Grand Master” “Slave”

"Romas the Unrelenting" would go under the nickname section; 'Romas' is the in-game name, I'm assuming. :)

(03-05-2013, 04:12 PM)Katava Wrote: Class: Warrior (Gladiator)

Skills and Abilities: None out of the ordinary

He doesn't have any skills and abilities that come from being a gladiator? No preferred style of fighting, no specific weapon skill-sets? No tricks?
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
PM
He uses a spork instead of a trident, and harsh words instead of a net. :D
PM
Updated!
PM
Due to his age, he very likely would not have been taken by the Horde. At the time, the orcs was fleeing to Kalimdor after breaking out from the internment camps. He would have to be older or possibly be abducted by goblins and forced to fight in their arenas.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
PM
I think the whole time frame when he was captured by the Horde needs better elaboration... it says he was going north, so was this during the Lich King war, or...?
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
I'm just of the opinion that the orcs wouldn't have a human slave gladiator in their city. They're sort of anti-slavery.

Switch it around to being captured by goblins, maybe. That makes more sense. But orcs just don't have slaves.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
PM
(03-06-2013, 03:31 AM)Xigo Wrote: I'm just of the opinion that the orcs wouldn't have a human slave gladiator in their city. They're sort of anti-slavery.

Switch it around to being captured by goblins, maybe. That makes more sense. But orcs just don't have slaves.

Actually...

While slavery is illegal by the letter of the law, true enforcement is another matter.

The Crimson Ring is the most well known gladiator company, and while most of the time they fight in hidden arenas, they have shown up in Orgrimmar. In fact, their most famous slave was a human. And he was brought to fight in some kind of Horde city.

Varian Wrynn Wrote:King Varian Wrynn says: I have seen the Horde's world. I have been inside their cities. Inside their minds...

King Varian Wrynn says: I've waited a long time for this, Thrall. For every time I was thrown into one of your damned arenas... for every time I killed a green-skinned aberration like you... I could only think of one thing.

These quotes were spoken during the Battle for the Undercity in WotLK.

So, yeah. While orcs wouldn't keep a personal slave, slavery in this organized sense is still about. And I'm not commenting on the age of this character, this is just a comment in general.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
PM
Well, now that you bring up Wrynn, the whole amnesia and becoming a gladiator who fights for orcs and gets a nickname from them is... strikingly similar.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Xigo's post:
  • c0rzilla
PM
P/C active?
PM
I am active, yes. I just took a few days on the weekend off due to a bug. Also updated the part dealing with the amnesia.
PM
Eh. The similarities this shares with Varian's background bug me a bit. I'd be significantly more inclined to give this an approval if you just made it different from him more. The whole 'being forced into the arena and becoming bloodthirsty' feels overplayed to me. Almost cliche.

His becoming a gladiator just seems... extremely similar, as mentioned.

Is this a poorly written profile? Not really. It's fine. It fits with the lore.

I just don't feel comfortable approving this.
PM
Updated once again.
PM
Approved!
Wikified!
PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ysabelle Ventris [Human Knight-Champion/Warrior] Ukarai 5 169 01-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Jaime Ramirez [Human, Warrior] Brutalskars 2 236 07-12-2014, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Dilly
  Borvin Blakemoore [Human, Warrior] Grogloki 15 659 07-05-2014, 12:30 PM
Last Post: Dilly
  Tabitha Oliver [Human Warrior] Valkoinen 4 266 03-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Geoni
  Peros Rayclin [Human Warrior] Duraza 3 292 01-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Dug